Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Because not enough teams will vote for it. Partick Thistle have already said they won't accept it, doubt Dundee will deither. Just leaves 1 club to say no and the whole plan is gubbed.

Yes, it does but I doubt any other club would. Indeed I dont really see why Dundee would other than as a GIRUY to United. It doesnt benefit them at all really. ICT cant seriously believe they might catch United. Thistle are an obvious no. So are Falkirk and Stranraer. Brechin possibly as I am unclear on what ramifications for bottom of League Two are. Not many other serious losers in the lower Leagues.

Hearts will obviously vote no. Rangers probably need to appease their fans by doing so as ridiculous as it is. It would need 4 Premiership sides to say no though to fail it. Dont see 6 in the bottom two Leagues saying no either. Championship is the most likely fail point as 3 kills it. But I would still reckon it will go through.

Edited - Post made before reading statements from Rangers and Stranraer and edited accordingly.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, it does but I doubt any other club would. Indeed I dont really see why Dundee would other than as a GIRUY to United. It doesnt benefit them at all really. ICT cant seriously believe they might catch United. Thistle are an obvious no. So are Brechin and Falkirk. Stranraer probably. Not many other serious losers in the lower Leagues.

Hearts will obviously vote no. Rangers probably need to appease their fans by doing so as ridiculous as it is. It would need 4 Premiership sides to say no though to fail it. Dont see 5 in the bottom two Leagues saying no either. Championship is the most likely fail point as 3 kills it. But I would still reckon it will go through.

Any team with a chance of a play off spot could vote against it.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW if you want a heads gone, read the League One thread.

Falkirk fans planning to boycott any club who votes this through, while claiming they're single handedly keeping League One sides afloat with their away crowds, which are worth "£200/250k" to clubs.

"Dont bite the hand that feeds" is my favourite.

The most Falkirk thing ever. Just link the thread to every other chairman in the land and a vote to keep them down is assured, which really is best for all.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They might've still gone up via the play offs.

No, really. What's their reason?

(Seriously, ICT, Ayr and Arbroath have just as much chance)

Don't know why I'm bothering. We all know the fans reasons.

Just now, Big Shedboy said:

Agreed, but it was Dundee mentioned in the post I responded to.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, it does but I doubt any other club would. Indeed I dont really see why Dundee would other than as a GIRUY to United. It doesnt benefit them at all really. ICT cant seriously believe they might catch United. Thistle are an obvious no. So are Brechin and Falkirk. Stranraer probably. Not many other serious losers in the lower Leagues.

Hearts will obviously vote no. Rangers probably need to appease their fans by doing so as ridiculous as it is. It would need 4 Premiership sides to say no though to fail it. Dont see 5 in the bottom two Leagues saying no either. Championship is the most likely fail point as 3 kills it. But I would still reckon it will go through.

The Raith chairman disagrees with you and has said that several lower league clubs have already intimated to him that they'll be rejecting it apparently.

19 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Ive read the stories and quite a few pages on here and I still don't 100% understand the proposal.

They need a 75% vote on each individual team being promoted or all three in a single vote?

If United is included in the vote, and the premiership decision has been postponed, that makes a 13 team top flight next season.

The vote is whether they settle all the leagues on a points per game system.

16 team top flight, no relegation. Join the remainder of the championship and league one. 

30 games so a shorter season, if it starts before September, plan a winter break. Teams not going to warm weather training, play out Challenge Cup and League cup games, early rounds of the Scottish cup. End in may. four down next season, two up. 

Or, No relegation, or promotion, award cash payments to clubs for final league placings and award the trophies. 

4 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

...he gave you it. Like you asked. And your move is to explain why other teams would have reasons.

Don't know why you're bothering either mate.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Raith chairman disagrees with you and has said that several lower league clubs have already intimated to him that they'll be rejecting it apparently.

Fair enough. It needs 6 though. Not sure there really will be 6 outside the very obvious 2 or 3. We shall see. Still think if it fails its more likely to be the Championship that fails it.

Edit - I am late to the party here having been busy all afternoon and only seeing some of the detail now. I suppose the hint at potential recobstruction could be a motivator for the likes of Ayr and Dundee to vote against ss they may fancy their chances of 2nd.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough. It needs 6 though. Not sure there really will be 6 outside the very obvious 2 or 3. We shall see. Still think if it fails its more likely to be the Championship that fails it.

I'm less inclined to believe that it'll fail than I initially was. It's gonna be tight either way.

16 team top flight, no relegation. Join the remainder of the championship and league one. 

30 games so a shorter season, if it starts before September, plan a winter break. Teams not going to warm weather training, play out Challenge Cup and League cup games, early rounds of the Scottish cup. End in may. four down next season, two up. 

Or, No relegation, or promotion, award cash payments to clubs for final league placings and award the trophies. 

Thats to easy lol lol

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm less inclined to believe that it'll fail than I initially was. It's gonna be tight either way.

I think you need to remember despite all the public complaining which has of course come from the expected clubs who are currently bottom or 2nd in their leagues, the SPFL havent chucked this into public domain and called a vote for laughs and giggles. The clubs have video conferenced each of the last three weeks and for a proposal to get this far it must have majority support to be put forward. There is clearly an overall wish for this to happen. The question is whether it is quite 75% in all the right places. Statistically the most likely fail point is the Championship but the chances of it failing are reduced because ICT have no serious belief of catching United so more motivation to agree it and clinch 2nd than disagree it.

I think you need to remember despite all the public complaining which has of course come from the expected clubs who are currently bottom or 2nd in their leagues, the SPFL havent chucked this into public domain and called a vote for laughs and giggles. The clubs have video conferenced each of the last three weeks and for a proposal to get this far it must have majority support to be put forward. There is clearly an overall wish for this to happen. The question is whether it is quite 75% in all the right places. Statistically the most likely fail point is the Championship but the chances of it failing are reduced because ICT have no serious belief of catching United so more motivation to agree it and clinch 2nd than disagree it.

Three teams or more could gain promotion still in the championship simple

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

No Club, regardless of its predicament and regardless of whether it deserves or doesn't deserve to be promoted or relegated, should agree to the proposal as presented.

The proposal is to change the rules in an unfair way about a competition that has already started but has not finished and to ask Clubs to agree to it before they know in full what the consequences of the changes of those rules will be.

The promise of talking about league reconstruction if you vote for this unfair thing first is the footballing equivalent of Neville Chamberlain believing he'd secured Peace in Our Time with the Munich Agreement. No credible Chairman would ever accept those assurances.

The proposal will go through because all of the parties have a vested interest in shafting proximate rival clubs, but that's exactly why you shouldn't be able to just change the rules mid-way through a competition. That's why we set them out at the outset, so that Clubs at least operate even slightly behind a veil of ignorance about whether they stand to benefit or be harmed by the resulting fixtures schedule and opponents.

We all accept that this season realistically cannot be played to a conclusion, but the question is what arrangement causes the least unfairness and poses the least offence to sporting integrity of all the options.

It seems clear to me that in this instance that requires the guarantee of league reconstruction so that no team is relegated this season, but with the allocation of sponsorship revenue being otherwise unchanged. That way all Clubs have agreed the extraordinary rule-changes to bring things back to normal, and have done so before a ball is kicked with regard to the relevant season that it affects.

There are different ways to do it, but the fairest ways seem to me to be the promotion of two teams from each division, more relegation spots in 2020-21, and no relegation this season.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I paid through PayPal with my BA credit card as well so protected through ATOL, Credit Card, PayPal and insurance - not had much luck with holidays having had one cancelled last year when Thomas Cook went tits up.

Yes, we're still dealing with the visa chargebacks and section 75 claims and of course there's now lots more on the way !!!

9 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

There are different ways to do it, but the fairest ways seem to me to be the promotion of two teams from each division, more relegation spots in 2020-21, and no relegation this season.

"Relegate someone else at some point, but not us now"

5 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

But based on rules and a set of fixtures agreed to at the outset by the Clubs involved.

They didn't agree to promote two clubs at the start of the season so throws that suggestion out on your own criteria.