Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Thing is, the playing staff don't want to play behind closed doors as it puts them at risk.

How is this any different from the average punter going to their work every day? Unless the country goes into complete lockdown they’re no different from anyone else and I haven’t seen any other profession that’s refusing to go to work until this is over.

Why not just abandon all leagues other than the premiership, which would only be continued to see who would become champions & who gets into Europe. These could possibly be behind closed doors 🤷🏽‍♂️

Promote the current top 4 teams in the championship to create a 16 team premiership next season. Do similar for the remaining leagues down the pyramid.

It would be some quick fire league reconstruction, but nobody would be losing out and majority of team would actually gain something.

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

How is this any different from the average punter going to their work every day? Unless the country goes into complete lockdown they’re no different from anyone else and I haven’t seen any other profession that’s refusing to go to work until this is over.

In football they have close contact with others, in most other jobs you can control the ammount of contact you can have with others.

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

A pisspot ! 

But seriously ,really miffed footy is gone , will just have to re install all of my call of duty games to fill the void 

anyone want to storm the Reichstag with me  at 3pm tomorrow ?

An away game at Ibrox?

Nah, i'll pass

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

My point is making a call to void the season at the minute  (when the situation could change in a number of weeks) would be foolish. 

Except pretty much nobody (other than Dundee fans winding up Arabs) is saying that.

What people are saying is if we reach a stage that you cant get all the games played by the end of May then what are your options? Voiding it at that point is highly possible. Absolutely nobody is seriously asking for it to be voided right now.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can we not just put all the current standings and remaining fixtures into an online football season predictor and finish the league that way, would be a great laugh.

Or we could bring back the Pools Panel.

Imagine the excitement at 4.45 on a Saturday as the BBC announcer tells us:

Arbroath v ICT - Home Win!

Dundee v Dunfermline - No Score Draw!

Morton v Dundee United - Score Draw!

Partick v Alloa - Home Win!

QoS v Ayr - Home Win!

@weetoonlad will still claim that Alloa were robbed though

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/dec/08/the-knowledge-pools-panel-creation

Since the world Cup in 2022 is to be held in winter would this be a good time to change to summer football? Seriously though I would not like to be in Cockwombles (remember that name) shoes. He is paid a fortune to make bad decisions. Whatever he (or the EPL) decides upon the legal profession will make a fortune.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Except pretty much nobody (other than Dundee fans winding up Arabs) is saying that.

What people are saying is if we reach a stage that you cant get all the games played by the end of May then what are your options? Voiding it at that point is highly possible. Absolutely nobody is seriously asking for it to be voided right now.

Everybody and their granny will be queing up to take legal action against the SFA/SPFL if it the season gets voided i can guarantee. The seeth of Celtic and Dundee United though would be more than enough of a laugh to make up for the dismay the country will have succmbed to if we're doomed with coronavirus by then

Edited by rb123!

Why not just abandon all leagues other than the premiership, which would only be continued to see who would become champions & who gets into Europe. These could possibly be behind closed doors 🤷🏽‍♂️

Promote the current top 4 teams in the championship to create a 16 team premiership next season. Do similar for the remaining leagues down the pyramid.

It would be some quick fire league reconstruction, but nobody would be losing out and majority of team would actually gain something.

Not everyone has played the same amount of games in this league so there's your first problem..