Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t see why any teams barring Partick, Stranraer, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee and Falkirk would vote against it tbh.

Dundee United, Raith and Cove will all be promoted and everyone else gets their prize money that they will desperately need.

I’ve no idea what the legal standings will be but I’d imagine the SPFL might be somewhat protected by the fact they’ve allowed a vote to take place rather than just calling it themselves.

This.  It's really only those either in a personal position of being able to get out of trouble with more games, or people wanting to get it right up someone who is in a good position.  The rest either have a personal stake in agreeing, or don't give a shit and just want their money.

It's shite for us, as we at least had the chance to get out of it, but no matter how unfair or out-of-the-blue it is, we're bottom because we've been fucking shite.  

So let me get this straight. Stewart Robertson of Sevco is part of the Spfl board that drafted these plans to finish the lower leagues early however will be voting against it happening in the Premiership??
Members of a board don't all have to agree with each other, they will operate on a majority vote.

The proposal affects top flight clubs too, not immediately, but it binds them to a course of action.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know it wasn't aimed at me, but I've given my proposal for what I think would be the fairest way to continue early on in the thread.

But, I do believe that we should aim to dish out all the money we can on and then wait until there is no chance for continuation of playing. That's my sticking point - If they can wait for a chance to complete the fixtures in the top flight, there will be a way to do so in every division thus ensuring fairness.

If, as expected, football can't continue within the time frame, then this would be a more viable (But still shite) option.

If the vote isn't passed there needs to be a cut off point where the leagues have to be called.

There's a point where clubs would be losing a lot of money just to get a team together and then playing the games, especially in the lower leagues where contracts tend to be shorter. Having to pay everyone in full and incur the costs of putting on games when very little revenue can be generated is unfortunately probably not viable for many clubs. A lot will would almost certainly struggle to even assemble a squad as they simply couldn't pay for one.

FWIW if you want a heads gone, read the League One thread.

Falkirk fans planning to boycott any club who votes this through, while claiming they're single handedly keeping League One sides afloat with their away crowds, which are worth "£200/250k" to clubs.

"Dont bite the hand that feeds" is my favourite.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t see why any teams barring Partick, Stranraer, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee and Falkirk would vote against it tbh.

All, bar one, have a legitimate right to be a bit pissed off. What's Rangers reason?

3 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Greetin face Blue noses galore! CHAMPIONEES!!

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

With the significant cut down in traffic during the lockdown the sound of bird song has been far more noticeable.

I can see that idyllic sound being drowned out by the greetin’ of the Funsters.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
With the significant cut down in traffic during the lockdown the sound of bird song has been far more noticeable.
I can see that idyllic sound being drowned out by the greetin’ of the Funsters.

Its fantastic viewing. Tears and snotters incoming

Minter that you still can't properly win the Championship.

DABs;

source-1.gif

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk fans planning to boycott any club who votes this through, while claiming they're single handedly keeping League One sides afloat with their away crowds, which are worth "£200/250k" to clubs.

Very Sevco-esque. Hopefully one of them has already painted 'Sink us and we'll sink you' on a bedsheet.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that not the exact same tactic Sevco tried to employ back in 2012?

All, bar one, have a legitimate right to be a bit pissed off. What's Rangers reason?

There is absolutely no reason.

But it’s Rangers and they’ve already come out in their statement saying how “abhorrent” it would be if clubs were relegated by this vote. They also won’t want to be tied into an action that sees Celtic handed a title if the remaining games aren’t played.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Very Sevco-esque. Hopefully one of them has already painted 'Sink us and we'll sink you' on a bedsheet.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Is that not the exact same tactic Sevco tried to employ back in 2012?

Aye. It's great stuff, it really is.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

But it’s Rangers and they’ve already come out in their statement saying how “abhorrent” it would be if clubs were relegated by this vote.

Of course. Votes should only be for expelling clubs from the league entirely.

(bit harsh; that was a different club)

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is absolutely no reason.

But it’s Rangers and they’ve already come out in their statement saying how “abhorrent” it would be if clubs were relegated by this vote. They also won’t want to be tied into an action that sees Celtic handed a title if the remaining games aren’t played.

That's my point. They are now paragons of sporting integrity after stealing from clubs, the league and the country for years. There's a simple reason though, they can't stand to watch "they ****** b*****ds" win it.

Ive read the stories and quite a few pages on here and I still don't 100% understand the proposal.

They need a 75% vote on each individual team being promoted or all three in a single vote?

If United is included in the vote, and the premiership decision has been postponed, that makes a 13 team top flight next season.

That's my point. They are now paragons of sporting integrity after stealing from clubs, the league and the country for years. There's a simple reason though, they can't stand to watch "they ****** b*****ds" win it.

I wasn’t entirely sure if you were disagreeing with me or not but it looks like we’re on the same page.

They’ve become a club that offers sound bites to their supporters these days. If this vote goes through I’d be surprised if they actually tried to challenge the SPFL on it. There’s never any substance to their words.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Ive read the stories and quite a few pages on here and I still don't 100% understand the proposal.

They need a 75% vote on each individual team being promoted or all three in a single vote?

If United is included in the vote, and the premiership decision has been postponed, that makes a 13 team top flight next season.

Well they'd eventually have to relegate somebody whether they finish the season or not, and that somebody will most likely be Hearts.

Either that or we get a 14 team league, and that's when I'll flip my own lid.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wasn’t entirely sure if you were disagreeing with me or not but it looks like we’re on the same page.

They’ve become a club that offers sound bites to their supporters these days. If this vote goes through I’d be surprised if they actually tried to challenge the SPFL on it. There’s never any substance to their words.

If anyone from Rangers told me what day it was, I would need to buy a paper to check it. That's if I could find a paper that could be relied on to get the day right.