Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I saw that as well, I read the 17th June about TUI somewhere yesterday but can't find the link now, this one is stating June 30th.

Travel firm Tui has made a number of changes to its holiday programme.

Beach holidays up to and including May 14 and Marella Cruise holidays up to and including May 31 will no longer operate.

A spokeswoman said: "We are constantly monitoring the situation and will start taking people on holiday again as soon as we are able to do so."

Tui revealed trips from June 30 2020 and onwards are currently still set to go ahead as planned.

Only a fool and his family would get on a packed plane an head to the likes of Spain at the end of June, TUI are only trying to get money coming in.

Better to wait for the vaccine.

1 minute ago, srw said:

For this to pass, there needs to be 75% of clubs in each division in favour of the proposal. 

• Nine clubs from the Premiership,
  • Eight clubs from the Championship 
  • League One and Two grouped together, so 15 clubs from 20

Purely speaking from the top flight, I could only see Rangers and Hearts voting against it. Presumably Aberdeen get the 4th Euro spot if the Scottish Cup is cancelled. 

Nobody else really affected.

23 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Here is how to resolve this.

No Winners No losers. No Champions. No Relegations No Trophies.

Premiership 2020/21 Increase to 13 teams, with Dundee United joining PL. Play 24,  Split 6/7,  Play 10/12.  13th and 12th relegated, 11th Playoffs Season, 2021/22 12 Teams. 

Championship 2020/21 Increase to 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife joining Championship.  Play 26,  Split 7/7, Play 12.  1st Promoted 2nd 3rd Playoffs.  14th and 13th relegated, 12th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 14 Teams

Div1/Div2 Increase to 18 teams with Brora Kelty Bonnyrigg joining the extended Div 1. Play 34 no split. 1st Promoted, 2nd 3rd Playoffs. 17th 18th relegated, 16th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 18 Teams.

No League Cup or Tunnocks Cup 2020/21. 

Free weeks here and there, not a problem.

Thats utterly mental.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Purely speaking from the top flight, I could only see Rangers and Hearts voting against it. Presumably Aberdeen get the 4th Euro spot if the Scottish Cup is cancelled. 

Nobody else really affected.

Livi & Hibs? They'd reckon they could get into Europe.

Following today’s SPFL announcement, Partick Thistle FC will simply not accept this proposal as it stands. We believe that the proposal requires significantly more discussion, scrutiny and debate before any vote can be taken. We are now engaging with others to amend the proposal to identify a fairer and more equitable solution to address a number of inequalities it throws up.

At an unprecedented time for football, we believe that it doesn’t meet the basic principle that no club should be left worse off by this important decision. It also seems to link acceptance of the proposal before payments can be made to hard-pressed clubs but, in our opinion, the two things do not need to be linked. Money to clubs is a priority, the proposal could be debated in slower time

^^^ verge of tears

Yes, I saw that as well, I read the 17th June about TUI somewhere yesterday but can't find the link now, this one is stating June 30th.

Travel firm Tui has made a number of changes to its holiday programme.

Beach holidays up to and including May 14 and Marella Cruise holidays up to and including May 31 will no longer operate.

A spokeswoman said: "We are constantly monitoring the situation and will start taking people on holiday again as soon as we are able to do so."

Tui revealed trips from June 30 2020 and onwards are currently still set to go ahead as planned.

Meant to be flying out to Costa Rica on 29 June (flying to London on 26 June) - can't see it happening but I still had to pay up in full on Monday.

I'll get my money back if it doesn't go ahead - including all my costs on UK as I included the UK part of my holiday on thd insurance - will contact suppliers first then the insurer if they dont play ball.

Certainly will not be taking up Tui's offer of an alternative holiday or a similar holiday later in the year.

Hearing that there is a revised proposal to relegate Falkirk to League 2. Seems a bit harsh but I think, on balance, it's the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Livi & Hibs? They'd reckon they could get into Europe.

What's their alternative?

League voided - Neither get Europe

League played to a finish later in the year - Probably miss the deadline for next seasons Europa - Neither get Europe

Just based on Saints, but I suspect most clubs who arent clearly disadvantaged just want the season done so they can plan for the future. We pretty much said as much the other day.

UEFA holding a meeting on 23rd April to clear up what's happening with European competition, would guess the top flight is waiting until after that to decide their future. Sounds like it's been agreed it's either play to a finish or use points per game.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Rouky said:

Oh hell no.....leave them where they are😂

I can't possibly agree with this heinous statement.

Spoiler

They should be relegated even further into the Lowland or East of Scotland league.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

League played to a finish later in the year - Probably miss the deadline for next seasons Europa - Neither get Europe

Just based on Saints, but I suspect most clubs who arent clearly disadvantaged just want the season done so they can plan for the future. We pretty much said as much the other day.

Honestly can't see the proposal going through as is.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dunfermline is my wild card pick for a 3rd 'no'.

We’re probably one of the most likely to say yes. As much as we’d like a shot at getting top 4 it’s unlikely especially if the games were to be eventually played close together.  We also still have memories of last season where a collapse in form at a similar stage saw us only just avoid relegation. Removing that risk would be desirable. The proposal also brings back fife derby games(although means we won’t get Falkirk, financially if we had to choose one or the other rovers are a better pick)

+ Ross MacArthur is on the spfl board.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

UEFA holding a meeting on 23rd April to clear up what's happening with European competition, would guess the top flight is waiting until after that to decide their future. Sounds like it's been agreed it's either play to a finish or use points per game.

UEFA have extended this season until at least the end of July, possibly later.

If the top flight can continue to hope to finish, then I see no reason for the rest of the leagues to be called early. Its ridiculous IMO.

If we do go down the road or just deciding it on points per game, and I don't really have an issue with this, then Hearts (or whoever else it may have been) must be relegated the same as Patrick and Stranraer.

In the Championship, Id be surprised if it passed.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly can't see the proposal going through as is.

Dont see why not?

Statement says, in regards to the top flight, that if games cant be completed then theyll use points per game. 

UEFA meet on 23rd to clear up European Competitions. Suspect there will be a deadline set to put forward your qualifiers, and I highly doubt the league will finish in time if they intend on playing games. So points per game will be used.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Dont see why not?

Statement says, in regards to the top flight, that if games cant be completed then theyll use points per game. 

UEFA meet on 23rd to clear up European Competitions. Suspect there will be a deadline set to put forward your qualifiers, and I highly doubt the league will finish in time if they intend on playing games. So points per game will be used.

Because not enough teams will vote for it. Partick Thistle have already said they won't accept it, doubt Dundee will deither. Just leaves 1 club to say no and the whole plan is gubbed.

With the significant cut down in traffic during the lockdown the sound of bird song has been far more noticeable.

I can see that idyllic sound being drowned out by the greetin’ of the Funsters.