Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That outcome is the fairest outcome IMO, at the end of the day Hearts and Partick have been jobby all season and put themselves in the situation they're in and really do deserve to go down.

Utter pish. If we had played the same amount of games I would have accepted it but the fact is that we have a game in hand over QOTS and if we win it we wouldn’t be bottom. Hope we don’t roll over and accept this, but likelihood is that we will and let face it, there are more important things to bother with at the moment!

Utter pish. If we had played the same amount of games I would have accepted it but the fact is that we have a game in hand over QOTS and if we win it we wouldn’t be bottom. Hope we don’t roll over and accept this, but likelihood is that we will and let face it, there are more important things to bother with at the moment!

It’s averaged out over points per game. Thistle down, deal with it.

You won’t really have a choice but to accept it if it gets voted through.

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Calling the season over presumably let’s them pay out prize money for final placings? Presuming the SPFL have the money to pay out I suppose.  Honestly don’t see what else they can do.  Zero chance of completing the season and declaring things null and void seems to be the least popular option.

They could very easily pay out prize money based on the current placings without actually finishing the season. I agree that this is better than null and void, but better still would be waiting around a bit rather than making the decision in the middle of April, about 6 weeks before the season is even meant to finish.

2 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Everyone who doesn't have bitterness to their very core...so everyone  except Rangers and Dundee 

Pfft, yer arse, everyone would prefer null and void apart from those who stand in a good position to gain promotion or avoid relegation, the minority.

9 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Aye but winning's not been a strong point this year, has it?

In order for this to pass, 32 clubs need to vote Aye.

Assuming 10 from the Premiership vote Yes, That leaves 22 from the remaining 3 leagues of 10.

What clubs from the remaining 3 leagues would vote NO, Thistle, Falkirk and Stranraer (perhaps) aside?

They all want and need their money now.

If the Championship votes are counted individually as suggested above, only 3 teams would be required to get a no vote. The obvious teams that may well have a reason to vote no are Partick, Dundee, ICT and Ayr United. I'd also suggest that Arbroath and Dunfermline would also have reason to perhaps vote no. 

If the lower leagues are lumped in together, 24 teams at minimum are required for a yes vote.

Guest Flash

In terms of the SPFL rules, as far as I can see, the Board can end the season any time, they don’t need a vote to approve it. They do need a vote to cancel the play-offs, though. So maybe it is that they are voting on because it affects promotion and relegation. However only the Premiership clubs are allowed to vote on changing the Premiership/Championship play-offs.

If the Championship votes are counted individually as suggested above, only 3 teams would be required to get a no vote. The obvious teams that may well have a reason to vote no are Partick, Dundee, ICT and Ayr United. I'd also suggest that Arbroath and Dunfermline would also have reason to perhaps vote no. 
If the lower leagues are lumped in together, 24 teams at minimum are required for a yes vote.

Dunno why we would say no. It’s incredibly unlikely this season will finish which means no playoffs so we’d be as well just calling it now.

Plus it’ll be a laugh to have McCall relegated which will most definitely come into our Chairman’s thinking.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Pfft, yer arse, everyone would prefer null and void apart from those who stand in a good position to gain promotion or avoid relegation, the minority.

It's not a realistic option.  Rangers fans want it to stop Celtic winning and Dundee fans want it to stop United winning. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno why we would say no. It’s incredibly unlikely this season will finish which means no playoffs so we’d be as well just calling it now.

Plus it’ll be a laugh to have McCall relegated which will most definitely come into our Chairman’s thinking.

Lachlan Cameron right now. 

187C490F-53E0-47CE-BFA1-8F7545E6CDFB.gif