Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Attendance curbed to 500 from Boxing day.

I didnt hear what she said directly, I'm at clients, but the implication from headlines suggests 500 total including players, staff, etc. Attendances would therefore likely be circa 400 if thats the case. We may see clubs effectively say its not economic to run like that and opt for fully closed door maybe? 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didnt hear what she said directly, I'm at clients, but the implication from headlines suggests 500 total including players, staff, etc. Attendances would therefore likely be circa 400 if thats the case. We may see clubs effectively say its not economic to run like that and opt for fully closed door maybe? 

Yes, it pretty much means no fans. I think she said that this measure means that.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

She also said that it meant that football would be spectator free, so no idea what that means for the lower leagues.

P.S.

For indoor standing events the limit will be 100; for indoor seated events it will be 200; and for outdoor events it will be 500 seated or standing.

“Physical distancing of 1 metre will be required at events that go ahead within these limits.

“This will of course make sports matches, including football, effectively spectator-free over this three week period.”

Edited by welshbairn

It almost feels worse because we've had a few months of normality. Getting that taken away again during one of the best parts of the season is horrendous.

I'm conflicted by whether or not I'd rather they postponed the season to be in line with the Premiership's proposed new winter break. I do not want to go back to the ultra-depressing PPV but having a game to go to on Boxing Day would at least be one thing to look forward to, even it'll be a shite experience.

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

From what I’ve read/seen it’s 500 including players & staff etc. So would be around 400. Not sure if it would be cost effective.

True! Unfortunately it’ll come down to pounds and pence in these unsettling times …will probably make more from streaming options .

36 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
My worry would be is if we put a halt on things (in line with the Premiership or whatever) then we wouldn't be back up and running for a long time.

Yeah that's a big concern too.

Not for Arbroath.

Every cloud and all that.......

Just cancel it all now, call the Leagues and give the Championship to Arbroath. While like most I'd like to see my team go up, whats another year avoiding the bigot brothers when some part time guys can live out their dreams for a year playing in the top flight.

This is all utter baws at a time for us where the fixtures are pretty decent over the festive period but i've put a suggestion in our own forum which i'll put below...

"Would it not make more sense for Scottish Football to shut down for the 3 weeks? 

Then start back up at the weekend of the Scottish Cup games?

Could play the 3/4 games which were supposed to be during the shutdown period over the next 3 months after that of Feb, March and April to save an overload period with the fixtures.

Means clubs don't lose money by playing behind closed doors and also gives the best opportunity for more fans back or am i being too sensible?

Doesn't affect us but i know with the Prem that Sky would no doubt have something to say about it. 

Anyway this is complete and utter baws."

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

shut down for the 3 weeks? 

Then start back up at the weekend of the Scottish Cup games?

Based on lessons learned from last time, does anyone realistically think it'll only be 3 wks? Be prepared to expect these restrictions/semi to full lockdown fluctuations now until spring. We will be told of 3 wk reviews and cited scenarios like school return spikes etc and it'll drag along

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

Based on lessons learned from last time, does anyone realistically think it'll only be 3 wks? Be prepared to expect these restrictions/semi to full lockdown fluctuations now until spring. We will be told of 3 wk reviews and cited scenarios like school return spikes etc and it'll drag along

Aye did also say on our forum about how this time last year the "3 weeks restrictions" lasted until end of April.....

If she tries that game though i think her popularity will plummet as the country is already on its knees before this setback