Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How does that work then? Obviously all football is under the auspices of the SFA and they could tell the Spfl it's aff but what's the mechanism for making that decision 

Majority vote I'd imagine, but that is just a guess.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Excuse my ignorance, what is the team that's publicly for suspending the league?

John Robertson was unhappy about football carrying on in championship but i only saw it in Gaelic 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/naidheachdan/55658931

Tha Iain Robasdan a' ceasnachadh carson nach do stad an Championship cuideachd.

Thuirt e gu bheil coltas ann gur e dìon a chur air cùmhnantan telebhisein as coireach gu bheil ball-coise aig na h-ìrean nas àirde a' leantainn, ach thuirt e nach eil an Championship a' toirt a-steach ach glè bheag de dh'airgead TBh.

John Robertson is questioning why football hasn't stopped in the Championship too .

He is saying that it is to protect the TV contract that football is continuing in the top league but he said that that the Championship only gets a small amount of money from television.

I knew speaking Gaelic would pay off one day.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Considering we've been floundering behind the scenes once already in this stupid, tinpot mess of a season, GMFC should absolutely be up for binning this nick of a campaign instead of spraying money on ridiculous testing with zero crowds to show for it. A moronic choice all round.

Hand over the 4th place playoff money to our new owners and we'll be laughing.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

13 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Your clubs have all just been handed 500 thousand pounds and one (or more) want it stopped? What an embarrassing state Scottish football is in. 

I doubt the issue will be financial. There is a moral argument that we shouldn't be playing. Not saying I agree with it but it can be made very obviously.

EDIT - James McFadden exhibiting very neatly why he's not on Sportscene to analyse finances!

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

ICT I would imagine if John Robertson comments are shared by Scot Gardner. 

I took it as read it meant Inverness. Robertson and Gardner are unlikely to be singing from different hymn sheets.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Why are the SFA asking the question?

Surely an SPFL call. 

I can only assume that the SFA have the power to stop football, whereas the SPFL would have to have a vote. 

Might it also be related to Clause 12, which only comes into play if the SFA suspend football? Not that I’d like to see it used, mind you.