Granny Danger

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm all for 3pm kick-offs as usual but just not turning the floodlights on. We'll be as effective at defending set-pieces in darkness as we are in daylight and we might be able to sneak past the opposition at the other end.

On 28/10/2020 at 08:21, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently from Monday any club based in a "Tier 1" area (expected, at best, to be just County/ICT/Elgin to start with) will be allowed crowds in.

Just because that is listed under tier 1, doesn't mean it is automatically allowed straight away. For example, households meeting indoors is allowed in tier 1, but that's not happening for them yet.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Just because that is listed under tier 1, doesn't mean it is automatically allowed straight away. For example, households meeting indoors is allowed in tier 1, but that's not happening for them yet.

I think each club has to produce its own plan demonstrating how it can comply with protocols once limited crowds are allowed, covering stuff such as changing rooms, how fans enter and leave the ground, how social distancing will be enforced and so on.  I'm fairly sure it was confirmed that the SPFL have to sign off that a club's plan complies with the guidelines.  However, there are posters on here who are closer to operations at their club who can hopefully confirm the position.

As it happens Elgin is the only senior ground I haven't been to so away v Elgin would do very nicely in the Scottish Cup this year!

Pretty sure almost all, if not all, clubs will have the sufficient measures in place.

However it seems incredibly unlikely that we'll be seeing anything more than some home season ticker holders who live within a certain radius inside grounds this season. There almost certainly won't be any away fans in grounds this season.