Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Formal testing is not required to train or play friendlies outwith the Premiership or other "testing" teams, although it is required to take daily temperature checks and submit daily track and trace questionnaires. If you test you can only play other testing teams. If you don't you can only play other non testing teams although the last I heard we were still going to have to test for the competitive stuff and certainly in order to play in the Betfred Cup against Premiership St Mirren.

I'm unsure where this leaves Hearts who ARE a testing team. I can't imagine everyone else will be expected to test just because Hearts are so presumably either the requirement for everyone to test to play competitively will remain or they'll drop the requirement to not play testing teams (or Hearts will stop testing but with the Betfred and the Scottish Cup semi final, presumably Hearts will have to test for a few weeks at least).

Thanks for the info.  Still scratching my head about some of this.  However, given how fluid the situation is just now probably best to budget for having to test before every competitive game and treat any better outcome as a bonus. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Alloa played a friendly against a second string Killie team last night, does that mean they must be testing at the moment?

Frankly, I just don't know. We cancelled a friendly against a 2nd string Premiership side next week as we would have had to test but that was over a week ago. Perhaps the rules have changed again. I'm not the Covid Officer so I'm not certain of the latest guidance.

Frankly, I just don't know. We cancelled a friendly against a 2nd string Premiership side next week as we would have had to test but that was over a week ago. Perhaps the rules have changed again. I'm not the Covid Officer so I'm not certain of the latest guidance.
I thought there was a story in the press a few days ago that it changed - which was allowing Hearts to play friendlies against League 1&2 sides as they had previously played Premiership and English sides who were testing.

8 minutes ago, true_rover said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought there was a story in the press a few days ago that it changed - which was allowing Hearts to play friendlies against League 1&2 sides as they had previously played Premiership and English sides who were testing.

May well have done. I see you guys played Dundee United yesterday too so unless it was a very fringe United squad outwith their testing regime then presumably it has changed. I never buy a newspaper these days.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

May well have done. I see you guys played Dundee United yesterday too so unless it was a very fringe United squad outwith their testing regime then presumably it has changed. I never buy a newspaper these days.

Asked in the DU forum but no one knows who played for “a young Dundee United team”. If anyone has a list of players for the Premiership side’s playing the various bounce games, we could see if it matches our expectations of fringe players. Is anyone aware if any Championship teams besides Hearts have done recent testing? I assume the reserve teams for the Premiership are being tested at least somewhat regularly, but I don’t “know” that. I guess it’s possible that any player being utilized from a reserve squad could be tested before contact with the first team, and then (with appropriate training practices) would be unlikely to spread any infection before they were tested a couple of more times to validate the earlier negatives before a game.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Asked in the DU forum but no one knows who played for “a young Dundee United team”. If anyone has a list of players for the Premiership side’s playing the various bounce games, we could see if it matches our expectations of fringe players. Is anyone aware if any Championship teams besides Hearts have done recent testing? I assume the reserve teams for the Premiership are being tested at least somewhat regularly, but I don’t “know” that. I guess it’s possible that any player being utilized from a reserve squad could be tested before contact with the first team, and then (with appropriate training practices) would be unlikely to spread any infection before they were tested a couple of more times to validate the earlier negatives before a game.

Premiership reserve sides were being tested , I recall a big deal was made the night Rangers played Motherwell in a friendly as their reserves played Dundee Utd reserves before all the results were in 

Reported  that an EPL club  have been forced to pay for their lower league Carabao Cup opponents to be tested for the fear of being infected

The EFL have removed the mandatory protocol for teams to be screened weekly

English Championship clubs will now only be tested after international breaks,the same applies to league 1 and 2 but only for players who have been away with their country.Testing in the EFL is discretionary and only mandatory if someone shows symprtoms .Players and staff will now not be tested until after octobers internationals

Guessing our system is different

The Killie team that played Alloa last night had six players who have played for the first team this season (Rossi, Haunstrup, Brindley, McGowan, Pinnock and Whitehall). Three of them came on as subs on Saturday and five of them were on the bench.

Pretty sure the guidance changed on Monday so that Championship (and below) clubs don't need to be testing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53870381

From the above article:

Only if friendlies or full training matches are played before 14 September will twice-weekly screening start.

Czech football allow up to 5000 fans to enter the stadium at league games. They have reissued guidance due to an increase of infections in the country. 

Only fans with confirmed access (season ticket holders selected for that game) should be at the stadium.

You have to enter via a designated gate at a specified time

Masks must be worn in the walkways and concourse, toilets and catering facilities. 

Sit in assigned seat

Contact with players or club employees is prohibited.  

All seems reasonable and workable in Scottish football also, I would expect masks at all times and no catering might be the only change in Scotland.

This has been reported a lot of places and appears to be correct. I'm not sure what the fuss is about given that clubs each received a £50k grant to deal with exactly this type of thing. They were presumably expecting that they might need to test routinely throughout the first part of the season anyway, which they now don't.

The prize money for finishing bottom of the group is £20k and testing for a game against Premiership opposition will probably cost about £1.5k.

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This has been reported a lot of places and appears to be correct. I'm not sure what the fuss is about given that clubs each received a £50k grant to deal with exactly this type of thing. They were presumably expecting that they might need to test routinely throughout the first part of the season anyway, which they now don't.

The prize money for finishing bottom of the group is £20k and testing for a game against Premiership opposition will probably cost about £1.5k.

I read the actual release yesterday but cant find it again now. Its consistent for the Betfred certainly. I thought it said we didnt need to test to play Colt sides in the Challenge Cup but I only skimmed it at the time as I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I read the actual release yesterday but cant find it again now. Its consistent for the Betfred certainly. I thought it said we didnt need to test to play Colt sides in the Challenge Cup but I only skimmed it at the time as I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

In the challenge cup if you get drawn against a Premiership colt team you must test all players beforehand and the Premiership club will pay for it 

In the challenge cup if you get drawn against a Premiership colt team you must test all players beforehand and the Premiership club will pay for it 

This isn't correct. The Premiership club can request testing and will pay for it if they do. But they don't have to.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This isn't correct. The Premiership club can request testing and will pay for it if they do. But they don't have to.

You are correct , Premiership team have the option of asking lower league teams to take test a week before game takes place , if the request is issued they will pick up the cost of the testing , testing does not have to take place it’s only to protect the colt teams club 

Edited by Robbo63