Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

How much are they going to be charging for it? 

Do you mean how much are Pixellot charging for the equipment, or how much will the fans be charged for the streams?

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

My doubts have little to do with the camera equipment itself but rather how the footage will be broadcast to a larger number of subscribers than some Under 18s game and with clubs that have a mixed level of competence in ensuring that their websites can cope with demand. Specifically, I wouldn't trust GMFC to run a whelk stall never mind host live streaming without the website predictably crashing five minutes into the game.

I very much doubt any club will stream games directly via their own website. Theres a platform available as part of the project to install Pixellot at Championship grounds, Pixellot offer their own platform and there are others available, like the ones Dunfermline and Raith already use.

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

My doubts have little to do with the camera equipment itself but rather how the footage will be broadcast to a larger number of subscribers than some Under 18s game and with clubs that have a mixed level of competence in ensuring that their websites can cope with demand. Specifically, I wouldn't trust GMFC to run a whelk stall never mind host live streaming without the website predictably crashing five minutes into the game.

Certainly agree in principle, but Pixellot have been using their equipment to do some streaming of some High School and lower level College events in the U.S., and other events in Oz, for a couple of years now. The demand level and competence required seem within reach of most SPFL teams, and its in Pixellot’s interest that this shit works right first time. I know they have been streaming to betting establishments for some time now, so hopefully that’s sorted. The actually streaming involves finding a block who can schedule an event on a PC (and an occasional wiping the lens down? Does beg the question of camera and Scotland’s sunny climate). Can GMFC handle that?

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

On a different note, after today's lunchtime briefing from the SG I'd be surprised if a green light given to any sort of credible crowd at a football match until the current trend in cases is definitively reversed. The mood music is only heading one way on this regardless of what clownshoes Leitch indicated a few weeks ago. 

Saw that coming with the pretty clear second wave happening in Europe now. At least you lot got a real let off between the first and second wave, after last weekends stupidity in the U.S., we’ll be zooming back up there again shortly.

2 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

There seems to be lots of examples on their Youtube Page

https://www.youtube.com/c/PixellotLtd/videos

There is a U18 international match and it seems to follow the game really smoothly.

It’s really easy to find some examples, but “examples” are easily cherry picked. I was wondering if anyone had been at a betting establishment watching a game or such? It seems to follow well, but it is a quite wide field, missing the zooming you get with an experienced camera operator. Granted, that can be a plus for awareness, but it feels a bit sterile in the examples.

36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Do you mean how much are Pixellot charging for the equipment, or how much will the fans be charged for the streams?

I very much doubt any club will stream games directly via their own website. Theres a platform available as part of the project to install Pixellot at Championship grounds, Pixellot offer their own platform and there are others available, like the ones Dunfermline and Raith already use.

I can't pretend to know any of the technical details but given that Morton have outsourced the entire online ticketing/turnstile setup to some Scouse Walter Mitty character who can't make it work properly and also can't release an even semi-important news item without the club site crashing, my default stance is 'not convinced they're going to pull this one off flawlessly'. Other clubs are of course less of a basket case in this department but they're not the ones I'd be dealing with most often. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

On a different note, after today's lunchtime briefing from the SG I'd be surprised if a green light given to any sort of credible crowd at a football match until the current trend in cases is definitively reversed. The mood music is only heading one way on this regardless of what clownshoes Leitch indicated a few weeks ago. 

Scottish Government have agreed this afternoon that Aberdeen v Kilmarnock and Ross County v Celtic will both be allowed 300 fans into this weekends games , Aberdeen have also announced that it looks like they will be allowed 750 fans in next weekend v Motherwell 

Edited by Robbo63

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

750 people inside a 22,000 capacity ground is not credible though. 

It’s still part of the pilot trial , 300 then 750 1 week later , can’t start testing in much bigger numbers too early , sensible approach being taken , start low and build up numbers weekly 

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yes how much will fans be charged?

It’s still part of the pilot trial , 300 then 750 1 week later , can’t start testing in much bigger numbers too early , sensible approach being taken , start low and build up numbers weekly 
I fear it's not going to last long going by the last couple of days news regarding numbers etc but time will tell

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:
16 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I fear it's not going to last long going by the last couple of days news regarding numbers etc but time will tell

Not so sure , she seems to want to get people outside 

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not so sure , she seems to want to get people outside 

She and her father are followers of Ayr Utd so would be good if she could use us as trial for standing stadiums 

Edited by Robbo63

17 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Scottish Government have agreed this afternoon that Aberdeen v Kilmarnock and Ross County v Celtic will both be allowed 300 fans into this weekends games , Aberdeen have also announced that it looks like they will be allowed 750 fans in next weekend v Motherwell 

300 at Victoria Park brings back memories of the 60s.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:
11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
She and her father are followers of Ayr Utd so would be good if she could use us as trial for standing stadiums 

How exactly is standing stadiums going to work? Not as easy as giving people set seat numbers in a stand obviously

Measure out areas on a nominated terracing and spray paint a number. Easy.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

How exactly is standing stadiums going to work? Not as easy as giving people set seat numbers in a stand obviously

Union Berlin had fans on the terraces at the weekend. 

Union-Berlin-640.jpg