Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With Ayrs QR code did you not have away fans just buying one QR code, then passing it on to a bunch of other away fans so they didn't have to pay? Sure that was mentioned. 

Providing there's a way for card payments at a stadium I really don't see it as being that much of an advantage, infact I don't see it as an advantage at all with regards to doing it contactless at the turnstiles... At this level anyway. 

The code is scanned, so the system knows if the ticket has already been used. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With Ayrs QR code did you not have away fans just buying one QR code, then passing it on to a bunch of other away fans so they didn't have to pay? Sure that was mentioned. 

Providing there's a way for card payments at a stadium I really don't see it as being that much of an advantage, infact I don't see it as an advantage at all with regards to doing it contactless at the turnstiles... At this level anyway. 

Not possible , on any second scan of the QR code a red X appears on scanner  making operator aware that the ticket has already been used

Edited by Robbo63

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There were a couple of games right at the start of the season where the scanners didnt work and were just being ticked off by hand so this could well have happened if folk knew about it and - this got sorted with an upgrade of some sorts though as RedEd says and now once a code is used once it cant be used again. 

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Expect many more statements like this from hearts, their heads have gone and every single decision in Scottish football their going to view as a conspiracy.

As for the decision itself, seems pretty easy one to me,  there is absolutely no way the spfl is going to tell 29 clubs they can’t train under any circumstances and tell hearts to carry on.  That would be bonkers.  They are obviously not in a position to make decisions on every club individually and therefore a blanket ban is all they can do.

As for being punished due to the actions of premiership players, yes that kinda sucks,  but it’s the very nature of a pandemic, if everyone was completely following the guidelines from day 1 them we’d be further on in lockdown easing, but they didn’t and we are where we are.

p.s completely sorry for throwing things way off track here and having everyone debate entry/payment systems.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Expect many more statements like this from hearts, their heads have gone and every single decision in Scottish football their going to view as a conspiracy.

As for the decision itself, seems pretty easy one to me,  there is absolutely no way the spfl is going to tell 29 clubs they can’t train under any circumstances and tell hearts to carry on.  That would be bonkers.  They are obviously not in a position to make decisions on every club individually and therefore a blanket ban is all they can do.

As for being punished due to the actions of premiership players, yes that kinda sucks,  but it’s the very nature of a pandemic, if everyone was completely following the guidelines from day 1 them we’d be further on in lockdown easing, but they didn’t and we are where we are.

p.s completely sorry for throwing things way off track here and having everyone debate entry/payment systems.

Totally correct on Hearts situation , whither they started early training or not was their choice , the government have stated all clubs outwith Premiership have to cease training,  and as they ( even though they can’t fathom it yet ) are a Championship club that includes them , my junior team restarted training last week and had to cancel last nights training and all training until at least 24th , so it’s not just poor Hearts that this effects 

48 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Totally correct on Hearts situation , whither they started early training or not was their choice , the government have stated all clubs outwith Premiership have to cease training,  and as they ( even though they can’t fathom it yet ) are a Championship club that includes them , my junior team restarted training last week and had to cancel last nights training and all training until at least 24th , so it’s not just poor Hearts that this effects 

Jason Leitch is saying that the SG didn't say that teams needed to stop training and that this was down to the SPFL.

52 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hearts started training on the earliest date that they were allowed, sticking by all the rules. If other clubs choose to start training later, that's up to them.

The government have not said all clubs outwith Premiership have to cease training.  This is an SPFL/SFA Joint Response Group decision.

The Joint Response Group should be ensuring that clubs Covid Protocols are properly in place, Hearts the obvious place to start as they are already in training, followed by other clubs depending on when they are due to restart training. Instead they bring a halt to all training which is resulted in Hearts incurring significant costs.   

SPFL/SFA Incompetent idiots but this no longer surprises most Heats fans.

39 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts started training on the earliest date that they were allowed, sticking by all the rules. If other clubs choose to start training later, that's up to them.

The government have not said all clubs outwith Premiership have to cease training.  This is an SPFL/SFA Joint Response Group decision.

The Joint Response Group should be ensuring that clubs Covid Protocols are properly in place, Hearts the obvious place to start as they are already in training, followed by other clubs depending on when they are due to restart training. Instead they bring a halt to all training which is resulted in Hearts incurring significant costs.   

The absolutely stupid thing about this  SPFL/SFA Joint Response Group decision is that it came about as a result of them being told to get their house in order because of breaches by clubs who are already playing games - their decision does nothing to address those issues. 

Edited by paranoid android

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

For the avoidance of doubt, everyone at the Club is equally incensed. 

Just as well Hearts have clarified this, I was concerned that perhaps some at the club were more incensed than others......

Edited by ribzanelli

23 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wait, you're advocating we move games away from what's best for the attending supporter to make them better available for a perceived future tv audience? Seriously?

There's already live tv matches every night of the week as it is so live streaming (which is still actually not allowed anyway except in Covid times) would have a hard job finding a slot that's not going to have more attractive tv viewing in it.

No that's not what I am advocating.

This was my response to attendance not being an option and viewing of games being by streamed services as a means of keeping youth interest.

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

No that's not what I am advocating.

This was my response to attendance not being an option and viewing of games being by streamed services as a means of keeping youth interest.

I'm still confused. It's maybe just me. So you are suggesting in this short term period (hopefully) when we are playing closed doors only we should play on Thursdays or Fridays or whatever it is to get a clear tv audience? If so then I get it I guess but it's pretty pointless with everyone hoping even now we'll have a crowd by October and even if not it would hopefully be 3 or 4 weeks. Difficult to plan for on the basis things change so quickly too. Only yesterday they announced the snooker could have a crowd at the weekend.

It's not really the while the restrictions are in place we're discussing though. It's whether streaming should be pursued (if allowed) after restrictions are gone. Personally I'm in the no camp.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hey we are building up a hatred of the maroon pound and the season  is not underway.

Since Hearts have complied with all protocols let them keep training.

What can happen?

Injuries to players.

Disinterest and loss of focus waiting for the league to kick off. 

No trips to the pubs in interval upto new official training start date.

More Hearts f**k ups that we all can learn from.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

The absolutely stupid thing about this  SPFL/SFA Joint Response Group decision is that it came about as a result of them being told to get their house in order because of breaches by clubs who are already playing games - their decision does nothing to address those issues. 

My understanding was that the SPFL clubs outwith the Premiership were all directed to not begin training together until 17th August but Hearts were given special privilege due to lack of clarity over league situation. Protocols have been tightened to protect health and logically, this date has been pushed back a week and Hearts have had that special status lifted - this is an obvious step you'd look at to reduce risk across the board.

Given the players have had the opportunity to train at Riccarton together for a month, it's not the most dramaticin the world for players to have to have the next 5 or so sessions by themselves and resume alongside the rest of their league rivals.

Talking about this decision in the context of rule breaches is garbage. This isn't intended to bring fairness or clarity, it's simply a decision on safety. The league can't continue in any form without this sort of framework in place. Indeed, we've got to be prepared for it changing again.

53 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Self proclaimed journalist asks stupid question.

Hearts, who rent shared training facilities that anyone can book and not follow the SPFL protocols, therefore Hearts are not operating within a safe bubble, being asked to shut down operation?

Shocked.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm still confused. It's maybe just me. So you are suggesting in this short term period (hopefully) when we are playing closed doors only we should play on Thursdays or Fridays or whatever it is to get a clear tv audience? If so then I get it I guess but it's pretty pointless with everyone hoping even now we'll have a crowd by October and even if not it would hopefully be 3 or 4 weeks. Difficult to plan for on the basis things change so quickly too. Only yesterday they announced the snooker could have a crowd at the weekend.

It's not really the while the restrictions are in place we're discussing though. It's whether streaming should be pursued (if allowed) after restrictions are gone. Personally I'm in the no camp.

I think there's some scope for it by putting restrictions in place when they can steam a match e.g.

• If there are restrictions on supporters entering the ground. 
  • Sell out matches (home end, away end or full stadium)
  • Midweek fixtures
  • Travel over a certain distance/hours

The last two are more up for debate on there merits/failures but we have the first one and probably should account for the second (as rare as it is).