Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That new Hearts statement...

giphy.gif

Thats more like it - delicious!

Ann Budge thinks she's Charles De Gaulle:

I am sorry we did not win this battle but as we all know, it is winning the war that counts.

Cue Ian Murray to write an article likening Heart's struggle to the French resistance during WW2. 🤣

On 16/04/2020 at 18:42, Skyline Drifter said:

I think I speak for all of us in saying that if reconstruction does indeed keep Partick Thistle up then we expect, nay DEMAND, that the fixture computer starts next season with Partick Thistle v Dundee. 

If reconstruction does not happen then Hearts or ICT to play Dundee first please. 

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Called it. 😄

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Has anyone ever laid eyes on this fabled computer and it's fixture arranging software?

They don't do it themselves, they pay a Canadian company to do it. But they feed in certain requirements such as not having Celtic and Rangers at home on the same day, likewise Hibs / Hearts and the Dundee sides, avoiding any local festivals, etc.

On 02/07/2020 at 11:18, craigkillie said:

Given Jason Leitch's repeated u-turns on the topic, I'm not sure we can really take his proclamations on this subject at face value. If the government decides it wants football to happen, then it will happen.

And lo and behold, the government is now looking at September and Jason "no chance before October" Leitch has suddenly u-turned for about the eight billionth time.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

And lo and behold, the government is now looking at September and Jason "no chance before October" Leitch has suddenly u-turned for about the eight billionth time.

Im sure the ones wanting the 20/21 season to be skipped are feeling a tad silly now 

45 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im sure the ones wanting the 20/21 season to be skipped are feeling a tad silly now 

I wouldn’t be too confident yet. A lot could happen between now and mid-September.

15 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I wouldn’t be too confident yet. A lot could happen between now and mid-September.

You may not be too far off, hearing wee Nicola's position today and relying on it still being the same a couple of months ahead could be the makings of a disappointment.

2 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

You may not be too far off, hearing wee Nicola's position today and relying on it still being the same a couple of months ahead could be the makings of a disappointment.

Exactly this. Doesn't stop clubs and authorities to from planning for the best and having contingency plans for anything less than that, bo no idea what the craigkillie geezer was getting in at, strange post. 

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The devil, as they say, is in the details. With no clear indication of the distancing required until they try out some events, it still isn’t massively helpful to teams. Until they put pen to paper and actually outline the rules thy will enforce, any ticket sales are still a crap shoot.

The devil, as they say, is in the details. With no clear indication of the distancing required until they try out some events, it still isn’t massively helpful to teams. Until they put pen to paper and actually outline the rules thy will enforce, any ticket sales are still a crap shoot.

The devil isn't really in the details in this case, given that it's an open and shut case of him saying no chance of fans being at games before October. Not no chance of a full house, not no chance of crowds over 1000, just no chance of fans.

He has now been completely contradicted on that by the Scottish government and him now having to perform a complete u-turn to save face.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The devil isn't really in the details in this case, given that it's an open and shut case of him saying no chance of fans being at games before October. Not no chance of a full house, not no chance of crowds over 1000, just no chance of fans.

He has now been completely contradicted on that by the Scottish government and him now having to perform a complete u-turn to save face.

Sorry if you saw me as questioning this...I was more focused on the premature excitement about possible crowds needing to be tempered with a dose of reality.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Can anybody summarise what the supposed rationale was for the reason that the Premiership could start this weekend but the Championship has to wait another two and a half months?

We have been over this before. Clubs at this level cant afford to employ players and pay for testing and compliance for an extra two and a half months without income. Even at best if all goes perfectly the Govt have only this week suggested restricted crowds will be allowed in mid September. If we go the way the Englush have we are likely to have some false starts too. See the snooker crowds being banned after one day for instance.

Its a complete no brainer. The Govt are still covering wages for our clubs. Premiership clubs have been back at work since late June.