Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Can't believe I missed it... it was all going so well until here:

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

No hint of irony when again using the self-interest slur. 🤣

30 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can't believe I missed it... it was all going so well until here:

No hint of irony when again using the self-interest slur. 🤣

Thought the whole thing was a disaster. Reads like a knock off Braveheart script.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought the whole thing was a disaster. Reads like a knock off Braveheart script.

I can accept the rallying their own supporters to the cause. That's playing to an audience to keep them onside. However, I do object to the pointing the finger at other clubs who acted in bad faith and are the enemy. Its sevco levels of crazy.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Really not going to miss the firhill PA guy shouting 'WE ARE THISTLE' in that shrill weegie voice and deafeningme at 1000dB 

YOU ARE DOON. 

A good point, I can't stand all that crap.

Just read the team lines; goal scorers; half time scores and subs. That's all that's required, none of this trying to create an atmosphere with overhyped nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

A good point, I can't stand all that crap.

Just read the team lines; goal scorers; half time scores and subs. That's all that's required, none of this trying to create an atmosphere with overhyped nonsense.

You have to tell folk not to be racist too, unfortunately bits more required than you think. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

You have to tell folk not to be racist too, unfortunately bits more required than you think. 

That's a fair point.

There is actually a ground that hasn't updated its script and still refers to the Scottish Government as the Scottish Executive in their safety announcements.  I cant remember if they are pre-recorded or if the guy is reading it. I know its not QoS or ICT as I didn't go there but it could be any of the other seven.

That's a fair point.

There is actually a ground that hasn't updated its script and still refers to the Scottish Government as the Scottish Executive in their safety announcements.  I cant remember if they are pre-recorded or if the guy is reading it. I know its not QoS or ICT as I didn't go there but it could be any of the other seven.

It's no us cause I'm no a Tory. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

It's no us cause I'm no a Tory. 

Disappointed that you aren't contributing to the Ayrshire Tories trope we get tarred with.

I myself hate the poor; don't believe in taxation; don't believe in regulation and think the state should be tiny. 

trump donald GIF

Disappointed that you aren't contributing to the Ayrshire Tories trope we get tarred with.

I myself hate the poor; don't believe in taxation; don't believe in regulation and think the state should be tiny. 

trump donald GIF

They'll not let you join with that kind of attitude. A proper Tory believes in taxation to enforce upward redistribution of wealth.

What would the paupers do with it anyway? Spend it on beer and chips, I'll bet.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They'll not let you join with that kind of attitude. A proper Tory believes in taxation to enforce upward redistribution of wealth.

What would the paupers do with it anyway? Spend it on beer and chips, I'll bet.

You saw through my clever disguise. Well played, I'm off for some beer and chips.