Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The SFA are allowing clubs to 'lodge' paperwork on new signings and just sitting on them until the window actually opens and not processing them. As long as you lodge the paperwork is lodged within 14 days of signing there is no issue with that and the window not being open is fairly irrelevant.

Its only really relevant to direct transfers and I suppose to international signings (which obviously includes England).

Edited to add - it will open at some point in the next three weeks for sure. They were considering opening it for a few days then closing it again temporarily to let them register those done so far. Its only allowed 12 weeks in total but it can be two split periods. However they havent done it yet.

Hopefully for a raft of Queen's signings.....

24 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Hopefully @SUPERSOUTH doesn't see this, will send him over the edge!

😂

As I just read on the Ayr thread, and it's a valid comparison, signing players now for an October start is the equivalent of signing players for a usual mid July start at the back end of April. Except with no income to pay them with.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

The Windows now 'OPEN' let's watch the players come in, 😂.

Contract will need to state a starting date of pre-season. Betfred cup MD1 set for 6th Oct. Things are staring to move along now ⚽👍

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can SD or someone tell me the purpose of even starting the League Cup when there are no fans to watch it?

Surely we could just get rid for a year? Or does the sponsorship prevent this?

Clubs were given a choice of whether to participate in it or not this year. I think they have until this Friday to confirm either way but I can't imagine any club not choosing to play in it. If clubs are back anyway they may as well play in a sponsored competition where the rewards for playing in it will almost certainly outweigh the costs of two extra weeks wages.

28 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Has there been any talk of when the challenge cup will start? I personally think scrapping it for a season is the most sensible thing to do.

And then scrapping it for next season and every one after. 

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Hearts and Patrick charged by the SFA for being little bitches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405293

SFA not bottling out of what was a clear breach of their own rules. The Hearts and Thistle joint statement professing to be  "incredulous" is bizarre. It was perfectly clear that taking the League to Court is a breach of SFA rules so lord knows what they are havering about. Their guilt to the charge is not in dispute clearly. I wonder what the penalty will be.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

SFA not bottling out of what was a clear breach of their own rules. The Hearts and Thistle joint statement professing to be  "incredulous" is bizarre. It was perfectly clear that taking the League to Court is a breach of SFA rules so lord knows what they are havering about. Their guilt to the charge is not in dispute clearly. I wonder what the penalty will be.

I'd love to see them be harsh, as it'd be a great laugh. I suspect they'll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist though.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Dangerous precedent setting that though.

Covid-19, not wanting to deliberately push clubs to the brink etc. There will be reasons to go lightly.

This will further feed their misplaced bunker mentality too.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Covid-19, not wanting to deliberately push clubs to the brink etc. There will be reasons to go lightly.

This will further feed their misplaced bunker mentality too.

I know. I don't doubt they will go light. Doesn't stop me wishing they nip that sort of behaviour in the bud with a forceful boot to the balls for the 2 of them.