Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

What's that got do do with the fact that fans won't be attending games in Scotland before October? 

Do try to keep up. 

Not at all, you're being silly now. Doesn't change the fact that there is not the slightest chance that fans will be watching Championship football in August, whether on TV or at the grounds. Won't happen till October - at the earliest. 

Guessing the Tory Boris bit annoyed you.

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

Going to be some laugh when leagues up and down the country are kicking off and we still have two months of thumb twiddling just because.

Tbf you cant really win.

If you wait until October but fans are at games in August, then itll look like a poor decision.

If you change to August, and theres a setback which forces fans to stay away until October, then itll look like a poor decision.

One late, shortened, season seems the safest bet, so its surely understandable why clubs voted for it.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf you cant really win.

If you wait until October but fans are at games in August, then itll look like a poor decision.

If you change to August, and theres a setback which forces fans to stay away until October, then itll look like a poor decision.

One late, shortened, season seems the safest bet, so its surely understandable why clubs voted for it.

Anyone who's been following the trends of the virus both here and across Europe could see that by mid July / August we were likely going to be in a very good place and reopening most of society, as such I cannot for the life of me comprehend why October was chosen as the date to restart.

Strange, very very strange.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Anyone who's been following the trends of the virus both here and across Europe could see that by mid July / August we were likely going to be in a very good place and reopening most of society, as such I cannot for the life of me comprehend why October was chosen as the date to restart.

Presumably October was an option as it's when Gameday 11 was due.

As for trying to predict the future, the UK has handled the whole situation worse than any other European nation, so it's not a great idea to be assuming we'll follow the same path.

October works great tbh. If this is all locked down (pardon the pun) and put to bed long before then then clubs have a coupla months pre-season. Maybe even figure out a few cups or something to get some income and allow teams to get fully fit. Also gives clubs breathing space in case there is a 2nd wave. Most importantly it gives Partick and Hearts fans more time to stew with indignation.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably October was an option as it's when Gameday 11 was due.

As for trying to predict the future, the UK has handled the whole situation worse than any other European nation, so it's not a great idea to be assuming we'll follow the same path.

Yes. I'll give you that.

51 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

October works great tbh. If this is all locked down (pardon the pun) and put to bed long before then then clubs have a coupla months pre-season. Maybe even figure out a few cups or something to get some income and allow teams to get fully fit. Also gives clubs breathing space in case there is a 2nd wave. Most importantly it gives Partick and Hearts fans more time to stew with indignation.

From a Scottish perspective it can't get much better than it is currently, hence the reason waiting until October seems totally ludicrous.

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Going to be some laugh when leagues up and down the country are kicking off and we still have two months of thumb twiddling just because.

As it stands right now it would still cost clubs thousands of pounds a week to start training. That will be the case until at least mid July, possibly longer. So it's no surprise that when the clubs were given the choice of getting players back in to train and having to fork out their wages and those testing costs to potentially play to no or reduced crowds, or keeping them on furlough with no testing costs and starting the season when they might have full crowds in, they overwhelmingly voted for the latter.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From a Scottish perspective it can't get much better than it is currently, hence the reason waiting until October seems totally ludicrous.

Things have come on a great deal since decision to start league was made , at that time October looked much closer to when fans would be allowed in stadiums , clubs are now working to that deadline , it would not be helpful to have another meeting and then change dates again , teams will be looking at some friendlies in September I would think as first cup game on 7th October 

As it stands right now it would still cost clubs thousands of pounds a week to start training. That will be the case until at least mid July, possibly longer. So it's no surprise that when the clubs were given the choice of getting players back in to train and having to fork out their wages and those testing costs to potentially play to no or reduced crowds, or keeping them on furlough with no testing costs and starting the season when they might have full crowds in, they overwhelmingly voted for the latter.

Yeah I’m mainly speaking as a fan. Not going to be fun having football I’m largely not interesting in going on with decent crowds while my team lie dormant.

56 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You're assuming that everything's going to be fine from now on in. What happens when the English hordes arrive for their summer hols? Or when our resident nuggets decide to head to the beaches. This is not over yet, not by a long way.

You're assuming that everything's going to be fine from now on in. What happens when the English hordes arrive for their summer hols? Or when our resident nuggets decide to head to the beaches. This is not over yet, not by a long way.

Also, some countries that were supposed to be handling it well like Germany and Australia have had to reintroduce some lockdown measures in some places

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It’s the SPFL, do they make any decisions that aren’t strange? 

Wait; are there folk who still think that the SPFL can just unilaterally make decisions such as start dates? Seriously?!

Also, are there folk who are still ignoring the financial arguments? Genuinely?!

41 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s the SPFL, do they make any decisions that aren’t strange? 

I, for one, am totally shocked that you're ignoring the multitude of posts explaining why the situation is what it is, and clinging on to the few that support your head in the sand argument. Shocked.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait; are there folk who still think that the SPFL can just unilaterally make decisions such as start dates? Seriously?!

Also, are there folk who are still ignoring the financial arguments? Genuinely?!

Its the same folks who keep calling the top league the SPL. Grinds my gears.