Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Would be good to finish the previous seasons Challenge Cup before starting the new one, tbh.

What difference does it make?

If anything the other way around is more sensible. Early round Challenge Cup ties attract almost no fans and can be played under social distancing no bother, while the final attracts a bigger crowd and thus it might be better to wait for more normal circumstances.

Guest Flash
17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You start in August you have to start signing players probably or taking existing ones off furlough now. Income streams are still vastly reduced, payroll costs are currently nil, will be close to nil next month and are 60% covered in August. There is no real economic argument to try to start playing much earlier. Its also likely even if you could have crowds in August they will be severely limited and the compliance costs of scanning, disinfecting, etc will be prohibitive.  I'm sure they will look and consider but I am pretty doubtful its realistic to start much earlier even assuming we dont get a second spike.

I thought only employer’s NI and pension costs aren’t covered in August under furlough? The government is still paying 80% of the actual wage. Does it work out as 60% of the total including employer’s NI and pension? 

33 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

We are still far enough out though that there's surely scope to bring the Challenge Cup forward rather than scrapping it or pushing it back to 2021. 

Get the Challenge Cup in the sea. Waste of time and energy.

This season is the first time I've even see a Challenge Cup fixture. (Only because it was in Wales!)

45 minutes ago, Flash said:

I thought only employer’s NI and pension costs aren’t covered in August under furlough? The government is still paying 80% of the actual wage. Does it work out as 60% of the total including employer’s NI and pension? 

You will be right enough, sorry. It was posted quickly while walking about the garden between work phone calls. I am a month early. Which just makes the point more important. I think its unlikely to be beneficial to try to start playing earlier. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Get the Challenge Cup in the sea. Waste of time and energy.

This season is the first time I've even see a Challenge Cup fixture. (Only because it was in Wales!)

If we're in a position where crowds are allowed back at games but the start of the league season is still weeks away, it'd obviously be better to fill that time with the Challenge Cup rather than friendlies.

That'd be too progressive for the SPFL I'd imagine.

Absolutely should be getting looked into though. Clubs can choose to use the Challenge Cup as glorified friendlies if they like, but it'd be much better for fans if there were some form of 'competition'.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Crazy to think that according to the Daily Record fans will be allowed in stadiums by July 23rd, yet the championship will have to wait almost 2 months after that to start 

Ah yes, the Daily Record, that reliable source.

Anyway, the reasons have been pointed out here numerous times by numerous people. Not sure why you and others continue to ignore them.

14 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

One look at Bournemouth beach and you know the lockdown has collapsed. Fans will be in stadiums by August.

Think Scotland are treating and handling the situation much better than down South 

6 hours ago, Beachbum said:

It's deliberate; he's fishing for red dots.

Give him a greenie to annoy him.😉

Should do what reddit do and limit the red dots total to -10 or something so there's no incentive to go chasing a ridiculous negative score for a laugh. Disincentivise cuntitude a bit.

38 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

So because folk are ignoring the rules the government should just say “f**k it, do what you want”?

Did i say that, nope.

Feck me even Nicola did a massive u turn over the schools. And Boris couldn't give a rats arse, he's killed more civilians than the Luftwaffe.

Take the petty arguement elsewhere ya dafty.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

One look at Bournemouth beach and you know the lockdown has collapsed. Fans will be in stadiums by August.

It's hard to see just why anyone would think that one would lead to the other, apart from gatecrashing

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

It's hard to see just why anyone would think that one would lead to the other, apart from gatecrashing

You seriously think Boris and his Covid murder gang won't have everybody back at work by the end of August?

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

You seriously think Boris and his Covid murder gang won't have everybody back at work by the end of August?

What's that got do do with the fact that fans won't be attending games in Scotland before October? 

Do try to keep up. 

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

You gonnae remain in a bunker waiting on a vaccine?

Not at all, you're being silly now. Doesn't change the fact that there is not the slightest chance that fans will be watching Championship football in August, whether on TV or at the grounds. Won't happen till October - at the earliest.