Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If there was a significant second wave that prevented the season being completed again would 8 games be enough to declare final league positions or would that be unfair?

I doubt a second wave would force a shutdown from Oct until May. Anyway, if the games need to be played behind closed doors for a few weeks whilst the “second wave” happens then I’m sure they’d do that rather than the clusterfck and fallout that happened when the season just past was declared finished 

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I doubt a second wave would force a shutdown from Oct until May. Anyway, if the games need to be played behind closed doors for a few weeks whilst the “second wave” happens then I’m sure they’d do that rather than the clusterfck and fallout that happened when the season just past was declared finished 

The data is monitored in 3 week blocks, incubation period, sickness and the third week is hospitalization, the impact on the health service is monitored on the changes made, any second wave lockdown will probably be regional and last about 6 weeks. 

Anyone interested in taking part in the Jenner institute vaccine trial can register now.

https://covid19vaccinetrial.co.uk/participate-glasgow

https://covid19vaccinetrial.co.uk/participate-edinburgh

Comparing US and UK is like comparing apples with pears. We've not seen an upturn in positive cases from the numerous protests or VE day celebrations either.
One of the differences is that the US never got the number of cases down, they're not having a second wave as they never got to the bottom of the first one

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Exactly, if there's going to be a second wave or another lockdown it's far more likely to happen in October as opposed to August.

The good thing is  that if Hearts happened to be top of the league after two games in October (and there was a second wave) I am sure they would object to calling the season. 😇

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The data is monitored in 3 week blocks, incubation period, sickness and the third week is hospitalization, the impact on the health service is monitored on the changes made, any second wave lockdown will probably be regional and last about 6 weeks. 

Anyone interested in taking part in the Jenner institute vaccine trial can register now.

https://covid19vaccinetrial.co.uk/participate-glasgow

https://covid19vaccinetrial.co.uk/participate-edinburgh

6 weeks? Can’t see it being that long. The original lockdown was only to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. There’s really no need for further lockdowns as the lack of PPE and ventilators has been rectified. As well as the SEC hospital being set up 

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Celtic seem to think celtic Park is going to have 30,000 fans in it in August for matches if social distancing is reduced to 1m

Ah, the Deila era.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

6 weeks? Can’t see it being that long. The original lockdown was only to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. There’s really no need for further lockdowns as the lack of PPE and ventilators has been rectified. As well as the SEC hospital being set up 

OK  Boris

13 hours ago, qos_75 said:

The good thing is  that if Hearts happened to be top of the league after two games in October (and there was a second wave) I am sure they would object to calling the season. 😇

Be a few championship teams gone to the wall by then with any luck.

48 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Be a few championship teams gone to the wall by then with any luck.

Your last prediction was around Christmas time, and claimed Hearts would be 10+pts clear of St Johnstone by May, so I'd guess theres a high chance this ends with Hearts being the only club fucked financially by the end.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your last prediction was around Christmas time, and claimed Hearts would be 10+pts clear of St Johnstone by May, so I'd guess theres a high chance this ends with Hearts being the only club fucked financially by the end.

Not a chance mate. Any more furlough tales?

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is October set in stone or can championship sides agree to start in September now it's likely to be possible to play a full season from then?

They should leave it as October. As I said before, it's much better to be cautious and have a one off shortened season (that we'll quickly forget about) than risk the financial future of clubs.