Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's in this post here.

You appear to be advocating for the SPFL to become some sort of guerilla football league choosing to play outside of the normal football regulatory framework purely in an attempt to extend a lower league season which the vast majority of the clubs were quite happy to end.

We could join one of these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-FIFA_international_football

probably wouldn't have us tbf.

Apparantly Patick Thistle and Hearts have broken the articles of association for being an SPFL member and possible punishments considered are suspension or expulsion from the SPFL.

Might not even take the clubs to boot them it could be done at a higher level.

Also it only takes 3 clubs to put forward a motion to carry out an offical vote on expulsion from the leagues.

Hearts and Partick clearly know they were breaking  the rules and were asking for trouble by going down this line of court action. 

Hopefully Budge gets punted out of Scottish Football and never darkens on our doorstep again.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our latest statement: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

It's sobering reading statements like that when we're all enjoying the drama unfolding with Hearts.

Sounds as if you're in a bit of bother if the insurance doesn't pay out after the court hearing.

Every club in the same boat though, i've heard a few rumours that we might be scrapping the reserves and scaling back the academy but unsure if this is true or not.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Sounds as if you're in a bit of bother if the insurance doesn't pay out after the court hearing.

Every club in the same boat though, i've heard a few rumours that we might be scrapping the reserves and scaling back the academy but unsure if this is true or not.

Absolutely - Reckon we're in the same boat as everyone else if the insurance doesn't pay out (except the obvious few) but with insurers dragging their heels and taking this all the way regardless of the policy you have means that we're gonna see job losses either way. Job losses that could have been entirely preventable.

The most concerning line for me was, '...restrictions on the club (and on our other means of resource that bolster the club)' which being a Dundee fan sets the alarm bells off even if Keyes has been covering everything for the past 7 year without any hint of wanting to pull out.

2 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that a Glasgow nightclub owner was taking his insurers to court for not paying out.

Pretty much all insurers are refusing to payout: https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/news/coronavirus-fca-test-case-business-interruption-insurance

We're in a slightly stronger position than most in that regard as we have 'specific additions of Notifiable Diseases and Prevention of Access to our Commercial Combined Insurance Policy' which doesn't come as standard with Business Interruption Insurance, but still, I've no doubt that insurance companies will take this all the way across the board to limit their payouts as much as possible.

It would be quite frankly embarrassing for a number of Dundee fans if their iron clad guaranteed to pay out insurance ended up, you know, not paying out. I'm not sure they'd be able to post on here with a straight face again.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It would be quite frankly embarrassing for a number of Dundee fans if their iron clad guaranteed to pay out insurance ended up, you know, not paying out. I'm not sure they'd be able to post on here with a straight face again.

Whit?

I don't think anyone has said it's guaranteed. We've said we're in a stronger position than most and that it is fairly solid - Nothing is a lie there.

SFA Articles, 5.2(c(vii)):
"Each member shall procure that its officials, its Team Officials and its players, and shall use its best endeavours to procure that its Team Staff, its employees, its Team Scout(s) (other than its officials, its Team Officials or players be subject to and shall comply with:
any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;"
That was super easy, barely an inconvenience.

The insurers as they always do will drag their heels.

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not too sure. Could always ask the Killie European tour boys what helped them out after getting pumped out by an under 9's backpacking side. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not too sure. Could always ask the Killie European tour boys what helped them out after getting pumped out by an under 9's backpacking side. 

Pretty certain he was one of the people booked up for Belgrade as well speaking of embarrassing moments.

An embarrassing moment for my team, certainly, but the two things would only be equivalent if I had previously been bragging all over P&B about how we were definitely going to beat them and how great playing Partizan Belgrade was going to be. In reality, I don't think I had even posted on here that I had booked to Belgrade until after we lost the Nomads game.

You can also compare the outcomes of the two scenarios. In my case, I got to spend a few lovely sunny days in Belgrade at the cost of some deserved piss-taking from my friends and associates. In the case of the Dundee fans, you get the piss-taking and the prospect of your club going down the pan for the third time.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whit?

I don't think anyone has said it's guaranteed. We've said we're in a stronger position than most and that it is fairly solid - Nothing is a lie there.

🙄

On 03/04/2020 at 18:09, Ludo*1 said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-23/

Dundee pretty much saying we do have insurance for this so we're covered. We will be using the furlough scheme in certain scenarios but all members of staff will get full pay regardless of what happens. We are about to launch our new strip, John Bennett has suspended rent payments on Dens and they will be refunding season ticket holders for games missed once this is all sorted.

On 03/04/2020 at 18:18, Yenitit said:

Huge losses covered and insurance policies covering pandemics as well . Mr Keyes and Mr Nelms no what they are doing. 

So Dundee FC do have insurance against a pandemic, time to be astounded. 

And Dele had posts saying it more categorically that he's deleted since.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

🙄

And Dele had posts saying it more categorically that he's deleted since.

So what did I say that was untrue? We were/are covered. Are we not allowed to mention the fact that we had insurance?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what did I say that was untrue? We were/are covered. Are we not allowed to mention the fact that we had insurance?

You don't see a difference between you saying "we're covered, everyone will be getting paid in full" and you saying "it's not guaranteed" and Dundee themselves now saying it's going for a High Court ruling, they "hope the insurance comes through", "in the event the claim is successful" ? There's a significant wind back in confidence here.

Yenitit was positively running round the thread waxing about what great foresight Dundee had and anyone who had the temerity to doubt Dundee's cast iron cover was wrong.

By the way, if Dundee have been paying extra premiums for pandemic insurance and the insurance company somehow wriggle out of it that is an absolute nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pleased it's starting to look more dubious. But it's also not true to say "nobody said it was guaranteed". That was exactly how Dundee's initial comments on it were portrayed.