Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

20 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It’s interesting that you think Eufa competition is more important than domestic competition.

Still no one has pointed out anywhere in the rules that something couldn’t be done about players.

What is it that propose be "done" about the players incidentally?

Championship level football isn't being played until October if all goes well. Are you seriously advocating that last season should have been finished then? With players forcibly retained for an extra 6 months or so presumably and the following season not beginning (at any level because the Premiership can't start until promotion is settled) until say January?

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What is it that propose be "done" about the players incidentally?

Championship level football isn't being played until October if all goes well. Are you seriously advocating that last season should have been finished then? With players forcibly retained for an extra 6 months or so presumably and the following season not beginning (at any level because the Premiership can't start until promotion is settled) until say January?

It would also be good to know how clubs would pay all of their players/staff with no money coming into the club.

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thistle wanting £2 million 😂

Maybe includes missing out on two home games against Hearts. :unsure2:

29 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It would also be good to know how clubs would pay all of their players/staff with no money coming into the club.

I was getting to that but waiting for him to insist that they do first. I want to know how he intends to force players to stay where they are for a further 6 months even if they've agreed contracts elsewhere, how he intends for clubs to pay these players and how he intends to deal with making the Premiership idle while they wait for this completion.

Completing the season was clearly completely unrealistic and that's why it didn't happen, not even at the top level when they are intent on restarting in August. The options on the table were call it as it stands or void it, in which case for Hearts and Partick Thistle, getting irate and taking legal action read Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers. Plus there were other commercial ramifications for declaring it void which meant it was a non starter anyway.

36 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thistle wanting £2 million 😂

I think it ties in with the usual approach of asking for more than you think you are due as a starting point. 

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

So you lose 2 million by being relegated to League 1?   

What an absolute nonsense.

Has someone explained to them that the SPFL is a members organisation? If they win is it not the other clubs who suffer to cover their compensation through reduced prize money sponsorship etc. However, they aren't acting out of self interest.

Absolute charlatans and a real parcel of rogues.

Edited by Trogdor

When will people realise and understand why clubs and fans are crying - IF the season had been allowed to finish, then ALL the team's at the bottom WOULD have turned a miraculous corner and STAYED UP ! That's why we have to go to the court of Human rights, someone please help we beg you, we are desperate. 😭😭  Almost like a boring charity case. Players out of contract WOULD have played for nothing, I know they would. Season over. GIVE UP !

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think it ties in with the usual approach of asking for more than you think you are due as a starting point. 

I really don't see how setting out a completely ridiculous starting point will lead either the SPFL or courts to take their argument seriously. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I really don't see how setting out a completely ridiculous starting point will lead either the SPFL or courts to take their argument seriously. 

When you don't have much of a case in the first place you may as well go for it. 

Any chance the court cases could be on TV , bit like the usual crap shown on daytime tv. Sure the American audience would like to see our justice system at work. Bit like trying to prove a mass murderer is really innocent I guess.
Be better than villa Vs Sheffield utd.
Just

18 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Any chance the court cases could be on TV , bit like the usual crap shown on daytime tv. Sure the American audience would like to see our justice system at work. Bit like trying to prove a mass murderer is really innocent I guess.

Yeah, they are deciding whether its going to be Judge Judy or Judge Rinder.