Granny Danger

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

51 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Is Budge seriously moaning about having to put this in writing rather than the SPFL just choosing to do a Hamilton without having a clue where the money is coming from?

image.jpeg.9b038a519355cc0228a11bd368a2884b.jpeg

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

Her wee sock puppet Tom English is now also moaning about it today.

Tom English seems to have lost the plot since there's been no live football.

I used to rate him quite highly amongst the dross employed by BBC Scotland but now he's regressing to the mean in that particular pool.

Some of his articles on the BBC Sports website are ok. That’s when he’s had time to sit and consider what he’s going to say and then put it down in written form.

When he’s speaking live on radio or TV, though, his mouth seems to run away from him, disengage from his brain and just react with (half a) mind of its own. I hate listening to him, to be honest. 

An Irishman called English commenting on Scottish sport was never likely to work out well.

Some of his articles on the BBC Sports website are ok. That’s when he’s had time to sit and consider what he’s going to say and then put it down in written form.
When he’s speaking live on radio or TV, though, his mouth seems to run away from him, disengage from his brain and just react with (half a) mind of its own. I hate listening to him, to be honest. 

An Irishman called English commenting on Scottish sport was never likely to work out well.

I’ve generally liked English and would agree that his written work is decent. As you suggest though he does haver some shite on the radio .

I cant work him out. I like how he has previously held the Old Firm account for things over panelists/journos wont. He also talks an absolute power of shite.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’ve generally liked English and would agree that his written work is decent. As you suggest though he does haver some shite on the radio .

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I cant work him out. I like how he has previously held the Old Firm account for things over panelists/journos wont. He also talks an absolute power of shite.

Can't say I've read his written work other than occasional articles on the BBC Sport website, which were generally decent enough. On the radio up to the last 4 or 5 weeks I found him one of the best media analysts. Better informed than most and able to take a dispassionate view.

He does however seem to have disappeared right up his own backside since the SPFL vote to end the season. He made a complete ass of himself on the radio and in print then and rather than revert to type sheepishly since he has inexplicably dug himself deeper and deeper into a hole. It's a pity.

9 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Seems a well respected and credible investor. The questions still remain around a genuine motive though. Why would someone of his ilk wish to invest in an organisation who run a Honduras type voting system? 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Seems a well respected and credible investor. The questions still remain around a genuine motive though. Why would someone of his ilk wish to invest in an organisation who run a Honduras type voting system? 

The biggest question is why hes waited until days before the final reconstruction vote, IMO.

Sounds like free money!

Which means there is a catch, as there is always a catch, so what is it?

Also he gave 9 million to Hearts?

What the hell did they do with it??

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The biggest question is why hes waited until days before the final reconstruction vote, IMO.

Is that the final reconstruction vote of the final reconstruction vote? There have been plenty of key dates recently and with the game in financial trouble I expect there to be a few more. It’s good to see Budge helping Doncaster get access to important investors that are out there 

Sounds like free money!

Which means there is a catch, as there is always a catch, so what is it?

Also he gave 9 million to Hearts?

What the hell did they do with it??
My guess... a LOT of ching for Levien and Budge.

I think we will end up seeing Budge and Levein in a Louis Theroux documentary soon probing deep into the couple’s weird marriage arrangement

Is that the final reconstruction vote of the final reconstruction vote? There have been plenty of key dates recently and with the game in financial trouble I expect there to be a few more. It’s good to see Budge helping Doncaster get access to important investors that are out there 

Budge isn’t interested in helping Doncaster. She’s only interested in helping herself. Nothing about this whole situation seems right.

Tom English spent the whole of May kicking the crap out of the SPFL Board for incompetence (if not worse) but thinks that with a simple phone call they should accept money without any questions via a tip off from Budge?  It is amazing how journos up here can just jump from self righteous anger to the sort of person that responds to a letter from Nigeria telling them they are a creditor in multi-million £ oil pay out.

Major issue here is of course Budge, the person working for league reconstruction,own relegated club and just happens to have a contact willing to put large sums of money in to the entire league structure.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Budge isn’t interested in helping Doncaster. She’s only interested in helping herself. Nothing about this whole situation seems right.

Of course she isn’t but Doncaster’s record in attracting sponsors etc is open to debate so every little helps. Budge helping herself is unfortunately the way of the Scottish game. Each decision made seems to be for the benefit of a few which in turn then shafts a few others. Nothing about this whole situation is right particularly Doncaster being paid a very handsome salary to command a rabble. Strong leadership instead of dictatorship would have prevented much of this playing out in public 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Is journalism just phoning budge and writing down whatever she tells you now?

That's how Scottish sports journalism worked for my father, it's how it's worked for me, and it's worked out pretty well so far!

If this guy wants to put money into the SPFL, why doesn't he just buy the league naming sponsorship? He could donate it to the NHS or some other charity if he liked, if he diesnt want it to have his trust name on it.

11 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

If this guy wants to put money into the SPFL, why doesn't he just buy the league naming sponsorship? He could donate it to the NHS or some other charity if he liked, if he diesnt want it to have his trust name on it.

And why did Budge not just give him Doncaster’s contact details? All talks could have remained confidential - it isn’t like they would be meeting face to face anyway. Why disclose you have lined up a mystery donor instead of just lining him up and keeping quiet?