Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

23 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Astonishing stuff on Sportsound just now. Interview with Budge where she says that she has philanthropists ready to pump multi millions into Scottish Football, especially the lower leagues, with no catches (won’t save  Hearts, Thistle or Stranraer) She approached SPFL and was told to do a paper!! Doncaster getting flamed. Money is ready to go into clubs accounts now and they are being told to put in a paper. You couldn’t make it up. 

Genuinely can't believe theres people out there who believe that a woman whos spent the last two months trying to threaten, bully and bribe everyone into preventing the club shes trying to sell get relegated, is being honest when shes claiming she has millions of pounds stashed away and ready to give them if they just vote Hearts into the top flight.

A woman who would happily see every part time side kicked out the league, and who's grand plan "for the good of all clubs" consisted of putting Hearts in the top flight and leaving the rest of the divisions to rot until January.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

is being honest when shes claiming she has millions of pounds stashed away and ready to give them if they just vote Hearts into the top flight.

You obviously aren’t listening to the programme. She does not have the millions and it will not save any of the relegated clubs

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Are we just taking Ann Budges word here?

She’s likely talking pish.

Of course she is.

Shes seen clubs are struggling financially so is trying to bribe them into doing what she wants. If she gets what she wants, it no doubt includes fucking them over in some way.

A literal deal with the devil.

The sooner she fucks off out of Scottish football the better.

Just now, Sting777 said:

You obviously aren’t listening to the programme. She does not have the millions and it will not save any of the relegated clubs

Of course she doesn't. And when all the clubs vote to put Hearts into the top flight, and the "millions" are simply put into the prize pot and distributed mostly to the top flight, I'm sure she'll make it clear it wasn't her money to decide what to do with.

There is zero coincidence that after 3 months of seeing clubs financially struggle she's suddenly decided this money is there just days before a vote on reconstruction. 

24 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Who knows!!  It’s on record now so she can’t deny she said it. Everyone in today’s panel can’t believe she has been asked to do a paper when the money is ready to be distributed now.  It was made clear that this action would not save Hearts, Thistle or Stranraer from the drop.

Yeah, everybody on the panel couldnt comprehend a few weeks ago why the spfl couldnt just pay every club the value of bottom place either when debating the season ending vote. You will forgive me if I take the "astonishment" of a panel with the business knowledge of a plant pot with a pinch of salt.

If this money is genuinely available is it so unreasonable to ask for evidence of source and proposals / conditions for use rather just " oh yes please, here are my bank details, how much am I getting"?

21 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Maybe it’s just happened in the last week or so. It was stated that these are very rich supporters of Scottish Football who are worried about the future of the game in this country and want to help out. Aberdeen chairman was advised about it on Wednesday. Doncaster was asked to come on the programme to discuss but refused!!

Uh huh, complete coincidence. And these massive philanthropists didnt go direct to the League, they went only though Ann Budge? 

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, chances are its a duck. If it turns out to be a swan it will still be a swan once somebody writes it down on a bit of paper.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

shes claiming she has millions of pounds stashed away and ready to give them if they just vote Hearts into the top flight.

She’s claimed nothing of the sort 

Just now, JagsCG said:

She’s claimed nothing of the sort 

Yes you're right.

Just days before the final vote on a reconstruction to keep Hearts in the top flight shes, with zero connection obviously, claimed she can put millions into the the Scottish game to save clubs.

I'm absolutely certain its just a massive coincdence that shes offering clubs money just days before a vote.

Totally above board.

Definitely.

Absolutely.

Lovely woman.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes you're right.

Just days before the final vote on a reconstruction to keep Hearts in the top flight shes, with zero connection obviously, claimed she can put millions into the the Scottish game to save clubs.

I'm absolutely certain its just a massive coincdence that shes offering clubs money just days before a vote.

What final vote? It might not even make a final vote, she pretty much admitted that herself earlier. She isn’t the one offering clubs money, it’s not her money. 
I don’t dispute the coincidences, but clearly you’ve not listened to the interview. 

Just now, JagsCG said:

What final vote? It might not even make a final vote, she pretty much admitted that herself earlier. She isn’t the one offering clubs money, it’s not her money. 
I don’t dispute the coincidences, but clearly you’ve not listened to the interview. 

😂

It's a bribe ahead of the vote because, as she admitted, just now it looks like failing.

It's a desperate final attempt to try and get it to pass by winning the League One/Two vote.

I could claim I know someone who's willing to put millions into the Scottish game and it would carry the same weight, the fact she refused to put the offer into writing and instead threw a wee huff probably tells you that.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Ann Budge emoji23.png Supporting Hearts must be at almost Dundee/GDS levels of minter now.

Theyve decided Doncaster should be sacked because he refused to accept millions of pounds from an unknown source, without any legal contract.

They're a bizarre breed of fan.

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Exactly. She all but admitted her reconstruction plans are dead in the water. People commenting while not even listening to the show. Doncaster has now contacted the show and says he will be urgently contacting her to discuss

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

😂

It's a bribe ahead of the vote because, as she admitted, just now it looks like failing.

It's a desperate final attempt to try and get it to pass by winning the League One/Two vote.

I could claim I know someone who's willing to put millions into the Scottish game and it would carry the same weight, the fact she refused to put the offer into writing and instead threw a wee huff probably tells you that.

I am not sure how this totally helps Budge. From what I gather the investment is to help with the cost of testing and getting playing. The aim is to avoid lower leagues clubs going into hibernation. If the lower league teams are able to play then the championship starts up and Hearts are involved. Hearts seem less likely to go the legal route if they can keep playing. Perhaps these investors have an interest in the Scottish game and trust Budge over Doncaster to do the right thing 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂

Again, I haven’t disputed the coincidences, I merely pointed out, you were wrong in claiming it was her money, or that it would keep in Hearts in the top flight. As had been said in the interview, agree with it or not, the money is there whether Hearts are in the Premiership or Championship. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

I am not sure how this totally helps Budge. 

Ann Budge, days before a reconstruction vote, has offered lower league clubs millions of pounds.

Ann Budge, the woman who said she wanted lower league clubs chucked out just years ago.

I'm genuinely staggered people are defending a woman who literally said "I have millions of pounds for you, from a friend of mine. You dont know him though, and I'm not making the offer official yet, but i will. I promise" on live radio.

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Again, I haven’t disputed the coincidences, I merely pointed out, you were wrong in claiming it was her money, or that it would keep in Hearts in the top flight. As had been said in the interview, agree with it or not, the money is there whether Hearts are in the Premiership or Championship. 

Yet shes decided to offer it out, through her, just days before the reconstruction vote.

It's made clear theres time limit on the offer of the money, and that it hinges entirely on her doing the deal.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ann Budge, days before a reconstruction vote, has offered lower league clubs millions of pounds.

Ann Budge, the woman who said she wanted lower league clubs chucked out just years ago.

I'm genuinely staggered people are defending a woman who literally said "I have millions of pounds for you, from a friend of mine. You dont know him though, and I'm not making the offer official yet, but i will. I promise" on live radio.

At no point did Ann Budge say they were friends of hers. She didn’t even say these particular people  had invested in Hearts before either. Surely a promise of money is a positive gesture before a vote? The last few gestures have been threats issued by Doncaster and his buddies 

Edited by AyrExile

The shadiest bit of it all is her refusing to put it in officially.

Shes literally wanting to, through her, give lower league clubs money off the books money days before a vote.

How can people defend that?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yet shes decided to offer it out, through her, just days before the reconstruction vote.

It's made clear theres time limit on the offer of the money, and that it hinges entirely on her doing the deal.

Where the f**k did you get that from?