Granny Danger

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Who would've thought that Championship clubs maybe don't fancy Budge's proposal?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8359477/Scottish-Championship-clubs-set-REJECT-proposal-Hearts-owner-Ann-Budge-three-leagues-14.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top
One particular quote:

One second tier source told Sportsmail: 'Clubs in our league will not vote for this. Right now we know that one club will definitely go down in any given year with another going into a relegation play-off.

'In two years' time this plan could potentially mean six clubs being relegated. Why would clubs who could be affected vote for that? It's fantasy.

'This is a mountainous problem. Add in the fact that if Hearts and Inverness go up we will need to find another six clubs for the Championship next season at a time when there is real doubt about leagues one and two teams playing at all and the plan lacks credibility.

Love to see it

Who would've thought that Championship clubs maybe don't fancy Budge's proposal?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8359477/Scottish-Championship-clubs-set-REJECT-proposal-Hearts-owner-Ann-Budge-three-leagues-14.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top
One particular quote:

One second tier source told Sportsmail: 'Clubs in our league will not vote for this. Right now we know that one club will definitely go down in any given year with another going into a relegation play-off.

'In two years' time this plan could potentially mean six clubs being relegated. Why would clubs who could be affected vote for that? It's fantasy.

'This is a mountainous problem. Add in the fact that if Hearts and Inverness go up we will need to find another six clubs for the Championship next season at a time when there is real doubt about leagues one and two teams playing at all and the plan lacks credibility.

I don’t for a minute think this is going to pass.
There has been history when 8 clubs were “relegated” from the 1st Division in the 70’s when we moved from the 18,20 structure.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just Dundee fans being wound up though, right?  @TheScarf

Yes, since well before this reconstruction stuff came about.

What with the kind and generous offer to trial all the virus detection kit, as well as offering Hearts up as a hub, sounds like just the ticket to ensure the championship can go ahead, the 2nd tier obviously needs Hearts more than the premiership does....

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Are Hearts voting as a Championship club on this?

I would expect so. I'll revise my earlier prediction it will be 8-2 against in the Championship.

I reckon there's a chance we vote for this. It's similar to the idea we wanted originally except we wanted it to be permanent.

I'm not even remotely interested in this vote, nor the attempt at 'SCENES' that some poor bastart will attempt to make. 

Get it in the fucking bin and let's get back to villifying Dunfermline and Ross County. The c***s c***s. 

Yes, here in Romania we have this great 14 team top league system, with exactly that 6/8 split but with the added stupidity that all the teams points are halved after the split, essentially meaning that in the 'regular season' a draw earns you 0.5 points and a win 1.5! It is as good as it sounds! The system being largely designed (I guess) to ensure that the teams with the larger budgets can use the long winter break just before split (2 months or so) to buy a new team and finish as high as possible. 

Even more creatively, during the pause they have decided to introduce this to the 2nd division (The Championship) and have now created a top 6 playoff for the 2 promotion places, previously it was a simple 20 team league, play each other twice, top 2 automatically promoted and 3rd place playing a playoff with the team in 12th in the top league. As you can imagine UTA Arad who were top and 11 points ahead of the team in second are hardly ecstatic about it, their lead from the 6th place team Rapid Bucuresti is now just 6 points. I guess the wonderfully named Metalglobus in 7th are that happy either given they have they have the same amount of points as Rapid, no playoff for them, in fact no games whatsoever for the teams from 7th downwards as they have cancelled relegation to the 3rd division. When you get down to the 3rd division, the leagues are regionalised but they decided to promote just one team from the 5 leagues! Which just so happens to the biggest club Universitate Craiova....sporting integrity is alive and well here in Eastern Europe!

36 minutes ago, Bucuresti Par said:

Yes, here in Romania we have this great 14 team top league system, with exactly that 6/8 split but with the added stupidity that all the teams points are halved after the split, essentially meaning that in the 'regular season' a draw earns you 0.5 points and a win 1.5! It is as good as it sounds! The system being largely designed (I guess) to ensure that the teams with the larger budgets can use the long winter break just before split (2 months or so) to buy a new team and finish as high as possible. 

Even more creatively, during the pause they have decided to introduce this to the 2nd division (The Championship) and have now created a top 6 playoff for the 2 promotion places, previously it was a simple 20 team league, play each other twice, top 2 automatically promoted and 3rd place playing a playoff with the team in 12th in the top league. As you can imagine UTA Arad who were top and 11 points ahead of the team in second are hardly ecstatic about it, their lead from the 6th place team Rapid Bucuresti is now just 6 points. I guess the wonderfully named Metalglobus in 7th are that happy either given they have they have the same amount of points as Rapid, no playoff for them, in fact no games whatsoever for the teams from 7th downwards as they have cancelled relegation to the 3rd division. When you get down to the 3rd division, the leagues are regionalised but they decided to promote just one team from the 5 leagues! Which just so happens to the biggest club Universitate Craiova....sporting integrity is alive and well here in Eastern Europe!

Aye but you forgot:

ScOaTuSh FuTbA iS tHe LaFfiN StoCk o YoOruP!

ThE EnGliSh uR LafFiN aT uS!!!1!!one!!

46 minutes ago, Bucuresti Par said:

I hope you dont mind, but Im going to delete this post before Anne Budge reads it :huh:

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon there's a chance we vote for this. It's similar to the idea we wanted originally except we wanted it to be permanent.

Need I remind you. 

Championship opposition to the plan is further heightened by ill-feeling towards Inverness Chief Executive Scot Gardiner following a bitter civil war over the SPFL's resolution to end the season.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Need I remind you. 

Championship opposition to the plan is further heightened by ill-feeling towards Inverness Chief Executive Scot Gardiner following a bitter civil war over the SPFL's resolution to end the season.

Is Nelms as petty as the rest? I hope so.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Is Nelms as petty as the rest? I hope so.

Considering what he had to say about the situation with Gardiner, I'd say yes. Also, we want permanent reconstruction, so I don't see us supporting this at all.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering what he had to say about the situation with Gardiner, I'd say yes. Also, we want permanent reconstruction, so I don't see us supporting this at all.

No Hearts or ICT as competition leaves the goal wide open for us to comfortably win the league though.*

* I realise there's a high chance we'd f**k it up either way.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

No Hearts or ICT as competition leaves the goal wide open for us to comfortably win the league though.*

* I realise there's a high chance we'd f**k it up either way.

There's also a high chance the season won't go ahead.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Then the vote would be pointless either way.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Season will be starting in August like normal though with packed stadiums in August going by our P&B Health Expert members

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Then the vote would be pointless either way.

I think you're getting the hang of this now, Ludo. :lol:

I only skimmed through the proposal last night and it was bad enough then. But having read it properly today its even worse! Full of self-serving, patronising nonsense with massive holes in the plan.