Granny Danger

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

No other club will, it’s never going to go through. I don’t really see the point in continuing talks tbh.

To give ol' Budgie something to do that's not going to court, I assume.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The Championship needing Partick Thistle.

E345B773-FBCB-42F4-B756-E91221A5FD23.jpeg

Jesus, I hadn’t read that far down.  What an astonishing thing to say.  Where would we be without the Maryhill pound?

Just now, HMIP said:

Jesus, I hadn’t read that far down.  What an astonishing thing to say.  Where would we be without the Maryhill pound?

In the league above them

St Johnstone have, apparently, joined County, Dunfermline and QOS in not extending contracts of players they intend to release to allow them to be furloughed.

No official confirmation, or explanation, but Danny Swanson has been talking about it.

Budge is a slavering tosser. She's managed to out slaver Gordon Strachan's earlier senile outburst.

Dear Ann,

We have carefully considered your proposal and wish to address each of your points individually

1) it’s no fair. Yes it is, you’ve been shite.

2) Hearts are too big to go down. 😂 aye whatever.

3) I’m gonna sue. Bring it.

In conclusion. Get doon

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Among all that drivel, there is one point I would accept - that if it can be done safely and the clubs think it can be done viably, then there’s probably no harm in a Premiership season going ahead, given it will safeguard the broadcasting deal which all SPFL clubs see income from (albeit not as much as they should).

But what this paper spectacularly fails to do is give any credible reason why such a Premiership season needs reconstruction, or the inclusion of Hearts.

The repeated line of “not at this time” in relation to the relegation of Hearts and Partick Thistle is astonishing - if not when these clubs are bottom, then when? If we’re looking for a semblance of sport, then that kind of rubbish - and the nonsense Strachan was spouting - is very dangerous and we should be rooting it out.

And on the specifics of this proposal, that gerrymandered Premiership playoff format should be launched into space never to return, but I suspect she hasn’t given it a single thought.

So I'm hearing that there would be a 6/8 split and the club's in the 6 would play 36 games, the club's in the 8 would play 40. 

Does this happen anywhere else, not a reason against just curious. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So I'm hearing that there would be a 6/8 split and the club's in the 6 would play 36 games, the club's in the 8 would play 40. 

The Danish league is a 14 team league that splits and teams end up playing a different amount of games albeit it's more complicated than what this proposes . From the outside it seems pretty shite tbh.

"if no restructure is approved and Heart of Midlothian FC remains relegated, then Premiership clubs will be faced with a reduction in funds of £300K to cover the parachute payment."

Say's fuckin who? 

She is fuckin delusional.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

"if no restructure is approved and Heart of Midlothian FC remains relegated, then Premiership clubs will be faced with a reduction in funds of £300K to cover the parachute payment."

Say's fuckin who? 

She is fuckin delusional.

I guess she means against Hearts remaining in the top flight and no relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I guess she means against Hearts remaining in the top flight and no relegation. 

But this would have been paid by the SPFL anyway, it's already been budgeted for.

She does speak of further compensation....

"Hearts being relegated will not only cause significant financial damage to Hearts, but will result in other Premiership Clubs funding a £300k parachute payment next season. This money, plus any compensation payments agreed, could be much more effectively utilised in the fight for survival."

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

But this would have been paid by the SPFL anyway, it's already been budgeted for.

She does speak of further compensation....

"Hearts being relegated will not only cause significant financial damage to Hearts, but will result in other Premiership Clubs funding a £300k parachute payment next season. This money, plus any compensation payments agreed, could be much more effectively utilised in the fight for survival."

The relegated team gets a parachute payment from the SPFL. Presumably, shes saying if no-one is relegated there will be no need to pay a parachute payment. That money can then be used by the clubs for other things.

Shes not technically wrong but the whole proposal is self-serving nonsense

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

What's the exit strategy if the clubs decide it's shite after 2 seasons?

First thing I asked. I assume Budge thinks Hearts will be back in the top 6 at that point, so couldnt care less what happens to the proles

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

First thing I asked. I assume Budge thinks Hearts will be back in the top 6 at that point, so couldnt care less what happens to the proles

It would look like huge numbers would need to be relegated to get back to the existing structure. If they anticipate enough clubs being around!

Eta the 3x14 structure seems to be in anticipation of clubs dropping out and the rest continuing. If I was the owner of any clubs in the bottom half of the top tier is be asking "why bother?"

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Romanian league uses this exact format.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Romanian league uses this exact format.

And here we thought she'd just made this shit up