Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, it's quite clear it's just their opinion.

Once HMRC have the claim and agree the employer’s eligibility a BACS payment will simply arrive directly into the bank account supplied in 6 working days after making an application; this means employers will need to submit a claim at least 6 working days in advance for the money to clear into their bank account. HMRC have advised employers not to contact them unless 10 days have gone by.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Once HMRC have the claim and agree the employer’s eligibility a BACS payment will simply arrive directly into the bank account supplied in 6 working days after making an application; this means employers will need to submit a claim at least 6 working days in advance for the money to clear into their bank account. HMRC have advised employers not to contact them unless 10 days have gone by.

As I say, it's just what theyve told me.

I know of a pub who are receiving payments for staff theyve sacked, so some places seem to be getting it quicker than others.

Was simply asking if Dunfermline will have recieved anything yet.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Doing the pyramid introduction negotiations he and Rod Petrie showed complete ignorance of any SFA rules and even geographical knowledge. I wouldn't place too much trust in him.

If I could give you more than one greenie, I would. He's a worthless executive in a network of contemptible individuals.

But to release them all now, with no prospect of them getting contracts elsewhere, when they could have had their furloughed contracts extended at no cost to the club, is pretty shitty behaviour
Aye its crap for them. Said weeks ago we should be looking to support guys however we can weeks ago no matter our plans for them next season. Just pointing out that "releasing" all out of contract players does not indicate financial brink. We did it in 2015 as well.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He "played the gemme" though.

Must admit I was hopeful when Gordon Smith was appointed, on the basis that he had played at a high level on both sides of the border,  had played abroad and had an understanding of the business side from his role as an agent.  I also thought he talked sense as a pundit.  Still not sure where the blame lies for his failure.

Reading more about Iain Maxwell I am genuinely baffled as to how we was appointed on such a huge salary.   Would be interested in the views of Thistle fans.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

But to release them all now, with no prospect of them getting contracts elsewhere, when they could have had their furloughed contracts extended at no cost to the club, is pretty shitty behaviour

Dunfermline won’t be the only club to do it.

Dunfermline releasing 17 out of contract players today. Not even keeping them on for another month with furlough like Dundee have done. 
On the brink?
No.

I wish I supported a club that had pots of money to pay players simply as a goodwill gesture.

It's not a fucking charity we're operating here.

We release players at the end of every season if I remember rightly.

No.

I wish I supported a club that had pots of money to pay players simply as a goodwill gesture.

It's not a fucking charity we're operating here.

We release players at the end of every season if I remember rightly.

Except you wouldn’t be paying them. The government are under the current furlough scheme.

And it’s a bit different releasing players this month when it’s incredibly unlikely they’ll be able to sign for another club.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can’t say the prospect of watching a stream of a Championship game being played behind closed doors appeals much to me. I’d pay £5 max to watch it live. The Bundesliga games were a hard watch (& that’s with top players!) 

We need to get those *cough*  "premium" dolls in like Korea.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Except you wouldn’t be paying them. The government are under the current furlough scheme.

And it’s a bit different releasing players this month when it’s incredibly unlikely they’ll be able to sign for another club.

Yes I realise that but we still have to pay them then submit a claim then join the queue with the rest of the country whilst receiving ZERO income until season tickets are put up for sale & god knows when that will be. I think the board maybe think that's a risk not worth taking & not the best way to use the 50k plus raised by the fans since the end of March. 

I'm not alone in thinking most, if not all, of these players might have been released anyway. It seems one turned a contract down. Maybe some didn't fancy a 2 month deal thinking they might(!) get a longer deal elsewhere. 

Speculating that we're "on the brink" is pretty poor in my book. I bet conversations like these will be going on in every boardroom in the land.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers for giving me nightmares tonight😞

:lol:

There will be a few boys on here that see that and assume their screen just turned into a mirror I reckon. 

Edited by Mr. Alli