Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Joke of a man steering a joke of a club to try and help the biggest jokes in all of Britain to stop their rivals from winning an already won league.

What a joke.

I don't get it?

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just waiting for @TheScarf to come on and white knight him. Then tell us how Gardiner has us all seething.

Ah, you beat me too it. I was busy calling him out on another thread.

This guy. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]cryptic nonsense you'd expect to see from some c**t who has had an absolute shocker of a saturday night and is worried their antics have appeared in various Sunday afternoon group chats.

It’s mainly the latter.  As I and others have said numerous times the SPFL is not some autonomous entity separate from its constituent parts, it IS its constituent parts.
Some clubs are unhappy with the outcome of this season and nothing will make them happy.  But Sevco is using this opportunity to settle old scores, I’m disappointed that clubs like Aberdeen are allowing themselves to get sucked in.
If clubs have an issue with Doncaster or anyone else then there’s a time to address it but it should not be on the back Sevco’s twisted agenda or Budge’s revenge mission.

I wonder if your view would be the same if the leagues had been voided with no promotion or relegation ?

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

I'll be disappointed if my club has entered into any arrangement with Rangers, we will get shafted. Never trust them, they don't care about anything but their own agenda as you say old scores, stopping Celtic's title run and undermining the SPFL at every opportunity which is all about power. They are no friend of the wee clubs and would gladly reduce other teams influence to gain more power to 'stack the decks in their favour' against their 'enemies' in Scottish football, they are obsessed with it, they are like a megalomaniac Bond villain, they are Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

The time to complain about that was before Gardiner's appointment. I know most supporters don't pay much attention to non-football appointments but he's an exception. A shite track record and never made any secret of where his allegiance lay. 

10 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I wonder if your view would be the same if the leagues had been voided with no promotion or relegation ?

I think you'll find most rational United supporters agreed we deserved to go down the season we did. We accepted we were utter dog shit all season and that was that.

Maybe other teams should accept when they've been utter dog shite for months and months, short season or not.

Had the season been cancelled and voided there would have been lawsuits all over the place and TV companies would be holding back cash. It was never on the cards.

21 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I’m pretty sure we’ve been over this before.

If we had been, say, 15 or even 17 games into the season with no likelihood of playing any further games then voiding the season probably would have been the fairest solution.  Voiding after some teams had played 28 out of 36 games is not fair IMO.

A policy will need to be adopted for the future and the basis for that policy should be:

less than 50% games played - season voided

50% or more games played - use standings at that time

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m pretty sure we’ve been over this before.

If we had been, say, 15 or even 17 games into the season with no likelihood of playing any further games then voiding the season probably would have been the fairest solution.  Voiding after some teams had played 28 out of 36 games is not fair IMO.

A policy will need to be adopted for the future and the basis for that policy should be:

less than 50% games played - season voided

50% or more games played - use standings at that time

Not to mention the fact that one of the Cups had already been won on the park.