Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

United brought 712 and 691 to the two games at Palmerston this season.
When Hearts were last in this division their two visiting crowds were 2,765 and 2,584.
There's a difference. A BIG difference.

Quite a trek to Palmerston for United fans mate. We usually take 2k to Pittodrie which Hearts don’t.

Most games this season we have taken 1500-2k prob with the exception of yourselves and maybe Ayr and Morton.

10 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Quite a trek to Palmerston for United fans mate. We usually take 2k to Pittodrie which Hearts don’t.

Most games this season we have taken 1500-2k prob with the exception of yourselves and maybe Ayr and Morton.

There was nowhere near 1500 in the away end at Inverness.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Dunfermline is closer to Edinburgh than Dundee.  I doubt Hearts will take many more to East End Park than we did this season.

Unless of course the boycott them.

Hearts and Hibs bring big supports to East End, not uncommon for them to sell it out and get the North East aswell. 

12 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Over 1k the last one I think. Do Hearts take much more than that to Inverness? Nope

Probably under 1k. Not bothered how many fans hearts will take, was just pointing out that Dundee United take 1500-2000 fans is absolute nonsense.

34 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Uh huh, so we've gone from "not much difference" to "aye, well, apart from a third of the teams in the league when there's a massive difference".

Meanwhile back in the real world, United are a big club, but nowhere near as big a club as Hearts. Let's not try to pretend they are. All things being equal, apart from Dens, Hearts will have a bigger travelling support.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Over 1k the last one I think. Do Hearts take much more than that to Inverness? Nope

Inverness at home to Hearts definitely attracted a bigger crowd than Dundee United at home - roughly about 1k more. 

I know which club out the 2 I'd rather have in the Championship in terms of a bigger away crowd.

2 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Mate I’ve been to Inverness when we have filled that stand so stop talking pish!

A one off sell out from 5 - 10 years ago is hardly relevant to how big your away support has been in the Championship the last few years.

Uh huh, so we've gone from "not much difference" to "aye, well, apart from a third of the teams in the league when there's a massive difference".
Meanwhile back in the real world, United are a big club, but nowhere near as big a club as Hearts. Let's not try to pretend they are. All things being equal, apart from Dens, Hearts will have a bigger travelling support.

Yeah and Arbroath? And similar size at Dunfermline, Alloa, Thistle etc?

Not saying they aren’t a bigger club because they are. However their away support isn’t that much better than ours. You will see a considerable difference in some games in the south of Scotland but that’s it.

Once/if fans are allowed back, Hearts will either sell out or be close to selling out their away allocations at East End and Starks since both are so close and so easy to get to from Edinburgh on the train.

Once/if fans are allowed back, Hearts will either sell out or be close to selling out their away allocations at East End and Starks since both are so close and so easy to get to from Edinburgh on the train.

Agreed they will prob take circa 3k. We took over 2500 to EEP and Starks the last few times.

6 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We’ve sold that stand out a few times. Point is Hearts take around about the same as we do to Inverness.

That is just not true. Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers are the clubs that most regularly took big away supports to Inverness. Dundee United only ever took a large following in cup games and from my memory none of them sold out.

Edited by PB1994

That is just not true. Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers are the clubs that most regularly took big away supports to Inverness. Dundee United only ever took a large following in cup games and from my memory none of them sold out.

Like the playoff game last year? Pretty sure we had 1200 or something up on a Friday night lol. Last game when we won 2-0 we had around 1k. So you are talking shite.

Hearts take around the same amount when I’ve seen games between yous two. Agreed Aberdeen and Old Firm usually sell it out.