Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Now the only right thing to do for Brora and Kelty, who have been shafted, would be 12-12-10-10, you are not telling me this could not be implemented for whenever we get started again

Surely it would be 12-10-10-12? 

54 minutes ago, ecto said:

This suggestion makes no difference to 33 clubs, also it would be the right thing to do, surely

It's all about the money, even in the Championship. Why share the spoils amongst 12 when it can be split 10 ways. Reconstruction has died on the alter of money.

paid pay day GIF

The proposed reconstruction was all about money, specifically for Hearts, Falkirk and Partick, so hopefully no one is stupid enough to be fooled in to thinking arguments about integrity (or lack thereof) hold any weight at all.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The proposed reconstruction was all about money, specifically for Hearts, Falkirk and Partick, so hopefully no one is stupid enough to be fooled in to thinking arguments about integrity (or lack thereof) hold any weight at all.

Quite, this result was inevitable. To be fair reconstruction is an almost impossible task. The convoluted voting structure and the ridiculous threshold to pass in the Premiership will always make it very unlikely. That's before you even consider self interest and money. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Quite, this result was inevitable. To be fair reconstruction is an almost impossible task. The convoluted voting structure and the ridiculous threshold to pass in the Premiership will always make it very unlikely. That's before you even consider self interest and money. 

It was also the worst time to even discuss such proposals.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Effectively now, the season has been declared finished for Hearts, Partick, Stranraer, Cove, Raith, United and Celtic, but Null and Void for every other club as there’s no play offs.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing out some of that prize money with clubs lower down in the division, then?

3 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing out some of that prize money with clubs lower down in the division, then?

I said effectively. 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So in all likelihood that will be Hearts Championship next season with the rest of us fighting for a play off spot.

The only plus will be for much needed income in that they will bring big away supports.

And therein lies the problem.

What can I get for nothing, rather than what can I do to improve. The same principle that underpins 4 visit from Rangers and Celtic.

Pretty much the same was said by many when Rangers, Hibs, Dundee United andDundee (and, yes, even Partick  -  at least by a few) first came into the division.  It doesn't always happen that way. 

The so called great brains trying to save lives not to mention the World economy and Rangers main pre-occupation is trying to stop “10 in a row”. How an experienced and successful businessman like Douglas Park can allow this pantomime to make a complete fool of him is beyond comprehension.

The Dossier is like something a first year law student would produce.

Hilariously embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Pretty much the same was said by many when Rangers, Hibs, Dundee United andDundee (and, yes, even Partick  -  at least by a few) first came into the division.  It doesn't always happen that way. 

It will with Hearts though. They’ll make sure they sign a squad that will win the league at the first time of asking. The same as County two years ago. Except some of Hearts money is generated by the club itself.

Now the only right thing to do for Brora and Kelty, who have been shafted, would be 12-12-10-10, you are not telling me this could not be implemented for whenever we get started again
They've only been shafted as much as Caley or Falkirk or City have. They'd still have had four playoff games to negotiate before being promoted.

12 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The so called great brains trying to save lives not to mention the World economy and Rangers main pre-occupation is trying to stop “10 in a row”. How an experienced and successful businessman like Douglas Park can allow this pantomime to make a complete fool of him is beyond comprehension.

The Dossier is like something a first year law student would produce.

Hilariously embarrassing.

^^^ this. 100%. 

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, ecto said:

They've only been shafted as much as Caley or Falkirk or City have. They'd still have had four playoff games to negotiate before being promoted.

No disagreement here

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I said effectively. 

Thing is, if I was playing in a competition with prize money, from the very start I wouldn't have see my numbered league position, I would see the prize money figure I was currently sitting on. Prize money is a big aspect of the competition, and it's an integral part of what we're playing for. 

I do get what you mean, but the reality is that it's a matter of the season being cut off early, with the playoffs coming after the cut (they simply cannot be played). Morton finished 7th, our annoyingly natural position in recent history. I would still have much rather finished 5th, but I'm happier there than in 9th. I'd like to think we could have made 5th, but 7th has been a fair reflection of our season. In that I'm much happier being declared 7th than having the season declared null and void and not having any position for our efforts. 

That being said, if the season had been declared null and void, I'd be looking for a much bigger slice of the 'prize' money, as we would have earned precisely the same as everyone else. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

So in all likelihood that will be Hearts Championship next season with the rest of us fighting for a play off spot.

The only plus will be for much needed income in that they will bring big away supports.

Speaking to a Dundee supporter last week, he did not want Hearts relegated

Shocked that the Inverness fans appears to be the only ones pissed off that reconstruction hasn’t gone through tbh. It’s almost like such reconstruction would have seen them artificially promoted.

Hearts being heavy favourites for the league next season isn’t justification for restructuring everything to save them from relegation either.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Shocked that the Inverness fans appears to be the only ones pissed off that reconstruction hasn’t gone through tbh. It’s almost like such reconstruction would have seen them artificially promoted.

Hearts being heavy favourites for the league next season isn’t justification for restructuring everything to save them from relegation either.

Three of us have posted on here since the news broke yesterday that  Reconstruction talks were voted out, none of us have mentioned being pissed off at the outcome, I can't see how you are shocked at something the three of us never mentioned.