Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, The Master said:

I’m sure the Premiership clubs will be more than happy to change the financial distribution...provided it involves keeping 1st-12th as-is, and bumping up 13th and 14th at the expense of 15th-42nd.

Which will immediately lose the votes of everyone else. An expansion is going to have to be paid for via a modest reduction in the prize money for the top Premiership clubs - I can't see it being passed otherwise.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Which will immediately lose the votes of everyone else. An expansion is going to have to be paid for via a modest reduction in the prize money for the top Premiership clubs - I can't see it being passed otherwise.

Good.  Get it in the bin.

On 26/04/2020 at 13:43, Parttimesupporter said:

Apologies if covered already in the thread, but I have a couple of questions about options for clubs.  Best to start with what I think are reasonable assumptions.

• Playing behind closed doors won't happen, at least outside the top league.  Economics of this covered at length already.
  • It follows that there is no guarantee that the other leagues will start until at least October (and that is probably being optimistic, it could easily be Q1 2021).
  • There will come a point when the furlough scheme comes to an end, or at best payments are reduced.  It must be likely that that will happen before football resumes.

Unless there are real positive developments in the next few weeks I wouldn't expect clubs to renew contracts which are due to expire at the end of May/early June.  My questions are about how clubs deal with players who are still under contract.

The article below refers to 'clause 12', but it is quite old.  I hadn't heard that clubs had been provided with a template letter "reserving their rights in respect of the clause".  So my questions are - 

1.  Has anyone seen anything more recent about the enforceability of clause 12?  For example, are PFA Scotland challenging the SPFL view?

2.  Does anyone know how redundancy fits in to the picture?  If your job is to play football and there is no firm date for when you can do your job then your employer can presumably make you redundant.  That might be even less attractive that a suspension of contract under clause 12.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1242049/scottish-clubs-are-prepared-to-invoke-clause-12-if-players-dont-agree-to-pay-cuts-and-deferrals/

On 26/04/2020 at 13:57, ScottyG said:

I don't think any of them actually stated it but it sounded as though a good few of the chairs who voted to end the season did have invoking clause 12 in mind when they said there were reasons,  apart from the cash payout, for voting the way they did.

You could be right, though I know there were some clubs who specifically said they needed to know what league they were going to be in next season.  At that stage there was some hope of next season starting round about the normal time.

The thread got derailed for a while.  Is anyone able to shed any light on the questions in my original post?

41 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

You could be right, though I know there were some clubs who specifically said they needed to know what league they were going to be in next season.  At that stage there was some hope of next season starting round about the normal time.

The thread got derailed for a while.  Is anyone able to shed any light on the questions in my original post?

Opinion is Clause 12 can be used and clubs were going to use it until PFA backed off as I understand it 

On 27/04/2020 at 19:39, Sergeant Wilson said:

Surely you'll be at it.

On 27/04/2020 at 21:44, Rudolph Hucker said:

Oh, he’s at it all right.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

He's definitely at it...

👆👏😜

50 minutes ago, Flash said:

That Q&A is faf. 😂

The board couldn’t satisfy it’s self  that handing out loans to the clubs was in the best interests of the league as a whole 😂

Now blaming the media as well for looking for voting numbers before all the votes were in.