Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Interesting development. Good for them I say. Standing together against the big clubs.

They're standing together against giving the little clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues any chance of promotion. That's all this is about for them - self-preservation and nothing else.

I don’t get when people come on slagging clubs and club officials who are looking after their club or self preservation as they call it.

It’s blatantly obvious why Hearts, Partick and Stranraer aren’t happy and why on earth would the Stirling Albions, Elgin’s, Stenhousemuirs etc want ambitious non league clubs coming into the league and bypassing them, it’s already happened with Peterhead, Annan, Edinburgh City and Cove etc. 

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I don’t get when people come on slagging clubs and club officials who are looking after their club or self preservation as they call it.

It’s blatantly obvious why Hearts, Partick and Stranraer aren’t happy and why on earth would the Stirling Albions, Elgin’s, Stenhousemuirs etc want ambitious non league clubs coming into the league and bypassing them, it’s already happened with Peterhead, Annan, Edinburgh City and Cove etc. 

That doesn't mean they shouldn’t be slagged for it though. They should not be allowed to sit and continue to stink up the divisions with no chance of being relegated, and it’s their responsibility to make sure they’re actually good enough to avoid it.

7 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

People understand why they do it, the problem is that the fans of these lower league clubs consistently have a holier than thou attitude about self-preservation when it comes from above and yet don't seem to mind it when their clubs are the ones doing the shafting. Therefore it's entirely reasonable to call them out for it.

I’d imagine that would pass the Leagues 1+2 threshold as the only clubs you could see having a problem with it are Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar (I’d have assumed Cove as well but apparently not).

I could see it passing the Premiership and Championship votes if it’s permanent. But if it’s just for a season or two before reverting to 12-10-10-10 there’s no chance. Alloa, Arboath, Queen of the South, Hamilton and others won’t be voting for leagues with with a huge number of relegation places. You could be looking at 4 Premiership teams going down and 6 Championship in one season depending how play-offs go. All it takes is an even mediocre season and you’re in the shit.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I’d imagine that would pass the Leagues 1+2 threshold as the only clubs you could see having a problem with it are Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar (I’d have assumed Cove as well but apparently not).

I could see it passing the Premiership and Championship votes if it’s permanent. But if it’s just for a season or two before reverting to 12-10-10-10 there’s no chance. Alloa, Arboath, Queen of the South, Hamilton and others won’t be voting for leagues with with a huge number of relegation places. You could be looking at 4 Premiership teams going down and 6 Championship in one season depending how play-offs go. All it takes is an even mediocre season and you’re in the shit.

There's no way the Premiership clubs will back this without a change to the financial distribution - the gap between 12th and 14th is too different for teams playing in the same league. And if the financial distribution does have to change, then that ramps up the votes required to 11-1 in the Premiership, not the 9-3 required for this one.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's no way the Premiership clubs will back this without a change to the financial distribution - the gap between 12th and 14th is too different for teams playing in the same league. And if the financial distribution does have to change, then that ramps up the votes required to 11-1 in the Premiership, not the 9-3 required for this one.

Fair point. I hadn’t even considered the difference in prize money. 12th in the chain gets double what 13th does.

These reconstruction talks will just be a huge waste of time.

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Fair point. I hadn’t even considered the difference in prize money. 12th in the chain gets double what 13th does.

These reconstruction talks will just be a huge waste of time.

Good. This reactionary reconstruction pish needs to get in the sea.

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not surprised you're still a virgin with the amount of time you seem to spend on here.

Get out more and get fuckin you'll like it and it beats wanking.

You’re a strange man.

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Can't see the Premiership teams approving that. 

Bye bye Hearts.

It's only two more than now

On 26/04/2020 at 16:23, Nightmare said:

Yeah, I really wish people would stop quoting him so I don’t have to see his inane drivel everywhere.

35 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not surprised you're still a virgin with the amount of time you seem to spend on here.

Get out more and get fuckin you'll like it and it beats wanking.

Christ you need to be special to draw attention away from @weetoonlad, but you managed it. Well done!

I warned Sandy hiding under his bed absolutely shitting himself from this virus would have a damaging effect on him. 

Did he listen? Naw. 

Hopefully the Polis will when citizens of his village start reporting him. 

45 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Certainly Thistle players haven’t been working hard enough for over 3 years, but that has nothing to do with his assertion that the SPFL were working hard for all clubs.

^^^ lost his sense of humour when his club lost their league status.