Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Has there not been a few instances of clubs not putting their manager on furlough despite putting the majority of its employees on it? This would make logical sense to be the reason. I could just be making that up though.

A manager designing a training program for a player to follow and keep themselves fit or an interview from a player/manager about the club being deemed as breaking the furlough would be extremely petty and tbh, I don't think we are in a time of pettiness. Common sense will be applied.

Aberdeen are saying they have sought legal advice and can't furlough their players, as they have gave them a training regime and this is classed as working.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to D&G Standard,   furloughed players,  Managers,  Coaches,  etc, aren't permitted to discuss football matters with the media.  Surely not the case is it?

Thats why its the same players at Saints doing all the interviews , We selected a couple not to go on furlough and everyone else is.

We are also using one of the match day volunteers to put videos together etc and thats a step I have noticed a few clubs do.

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aberdeen are saying they have sought legal advice and can't furlough their players, as they have gave them a training regime and this is classed as working.

Yes that’s my understanding. Clubs that have furloughed players can’t ask them to do any particular training, what the players do is up to the individual.  

same with interview as mentioned. Our chairman in a letter of thanks to fans directly mentioned that he is confident that the players will be thankful for the fundraising efforts,  but they can’t come out and be part of it because that would be classified as working. 

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yip, furloughed employers can’t do work of any description unless they’re company directors who are limited to carrying out statutory duties.

Guest Flash
5 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Technically, a furloughed manager/coach shouldn't be watching video/footage of potential signings for next season, developing tactical formations or anything like that

Not sure whether ours does anything like that normally, tbqh.

I am sorry guys , but this is despicable. We talk about FOOTBALL. . I HAVE JUST HEARD THAT MY DUAGHTERS BEST FRIEND .has died , yes died , forget the american shite , She has passed . a mother of a 3 year old , and a seven year old. she died trying to help us all, a Paramedic , like my wee lassie is . f**k your football,  a minutes silence wont hack it , to her wee bairns forget your football, , for gods sake

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not sure whether ours does anything like that normally, tbqh.

I think he does.   There’s no way players accidentally leave opposition unmarked at that regularity without planning.

’right boys, I’ve watched the videos and number 5 nearly always makes a front post run. It is of high importance that we leave that area free and if I see anyone track that run your being fined’

1 minute ago, angusog said:

I am sorry guys , but this is despicable. We talk about FOOTBALL. . I HAVE JUST HEARD THAT MY DUAGHTERS BEST FRIEND .has died , yes died , forget the american shite , She has passed . a mother of a 3 year old , and a seven year old. she died trying to help us all, a Paramedic , like my wee lassie is . f**k your football,  a minutes silence wont hack it , to her wee bairns forget your football, , for gods sake

Then why are you on a football website?

All of the above is horrible, obviously, but you're directing your anger in the wrong place.

3 minutes ago, angusog said:

Sorry to hear about your friend.

But f**k off.

12 minutes ago, angusog said:

Nobody would wish that on anyone but there's no point coming on a football website and castigating people for talking about football on it.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What happens if the top league null and voids the season just like the Dutch have announced?

They won't because clubs including yours voted specifically for that not to happen. If the season can't be played on the park then it will be settled by PPG.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They won't because clubs including yours voted specifically for that not to happen. If the season can't be played on the park then it will be settled by PPG.

Yeah we voted for the 3 bottom leagues not the top.

No promotion in or relegation out in the Dutch top flight. I’m pretty sure Rangers and Hearts will be pushing pretty hard for this 

Edited by Yenitit

Yeah we voted for the 3 bottom leagues not the top.

No promotion in or relegation out in the Dutch top flight. I’m pretty sure Rangers and Hearts will be pushing pretty hard for this 

You voted for all the leagues together however the Premiership is being afforded the opportunity to finish it properly. However if that can’t happen then it’ll be PPG.

36 minutes ago, angusog said:

Very sad but you've had a few posts since the pandemic was declared. Why only now get annoyed?