Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

46 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, renton said:
Deaths have flattened out, if not slightly decreased. Either this week or next, it still leaves us coming out of this wave early June.

Why do people assume this curve will be symmetrical?

I'm not. There is a whole bunch of modeling out there, but curve fitting it to the Chinese outbreak and you have a model that takes about s month to hit the peak and 2 months to come back down again. 

It *should* be June when the death rate drops back to 0, and that seems reflected both in the dates the government fed to the SPFL that formed part of the submission to the clubs, as well as the fact that the furloughing scheme has been extended to the end of June. 

Maybe it wont, maybe we'll all still be locked up in our houses until Christmas but I doubt it. The major thing is going to be controlling it so that there is not a 2nd wave that forces another lockdown.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I agree that it’s inconvenient but given how unhappy he is with how the last vote went and how strongly opposed he is to a 14 team league I can fully understand why he’s agreed to go on it. I imagine he will also piss absolutely everyone on the committee off so I’m actually more surprised that he’s been allowed on in the first place.

....... starting off with having the meetings at 12 midnight our time........ 👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

29 minutes ago, renton said:

I'm not. There is a whole bunch of modeling out there, but curve fitting it to the Chinese outbreak and you have a model that takes about s month to hit the peak and 2 months to come back down again. 

It *should* be June when the death rate drops back to 0, and that seems reflected both in the dates the government fed to the SPFL that formed part of the submission to the clubs, as well as the fact that the furloughing scheme has been extended to the end of June. 

Maybe it wont, maybe we'll all still be locked up in our houses until Christmas but I doubt it. The major thing is going to be controlling it so that there is not a 2nd wave that forces another lockdown.

We have way more cases than China, way more deaths than China and havent anywhere near locked down as thoroughly as China.

Italy is a better comparison probably. 

And I wouldnt be reading anything significant into the furlough scheme going a further month. Its just going to be a case of a month at a time till they decide otherwise. All that happened today was an acceptance it will be at least another month.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ann Budge outling her reasons for wanting reconstruction today.

"Hearts spent a lot of money in January to avoid relegation, so it's unfair we get relegated and suffer financially".

Her previous comments about there being too many clubs, served to establish a fundamental failure to understand what football is about.  Her latest drivel simply confirms it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Makes sense  why Thistle did their 'climbdown' now. 

Unleashing Jaqui Low on the future of Scottish Football seems a step too far though...

We'll be playing amateur games on blaize pitches within 12 months...

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Makes sense  why Thistle did their 'climbdown' now. 

Unleashing Jaqui Low on the future of Scottish Football seems a step too far though...

We'll be playing amateur games on blaize pitches within 12 months...

Bringing back nightmare memories about bleeding knees!