Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

We never had anything to get out of it. 

Tell some of your fellow Dees that.

Donald Trump would be embarrassed to spin some of the shit they have on this thread.

It’s a waste of time trying to get through to some of the morons on here, you’re as well just to leave them to it. If they can’t see what Dundee were/are looking to do when it’s blatantly obvious, they never will.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well one of your fans one here is gloating about how great an idea it was?

The initial proposal, that your club just agreed too, came about because top flight sides refused to include reconstruction as a serious incentive.

I'm not sure what Dundee think have changed in the past week.

It was all about sporting integrity.
I for one am thankful that our wee pals have had the moral fortitude to take such a stand. [emoji109]

It will all be worth it for the lols of watching that squad try to compete in the premiership. For that you’re absolutely more than welcome.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF you've not actually got anything out of it.

Plastic talks about something that seems incredibly unlikely to be voted for.

I'm not talking about Dundee FC here, I'm talking about you and Craigkillie saying that Nelms was talking to the wrong people if he was pushing for reconstruction. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The initial proposal, that your club just agreed too, came about because top flight sides refused to include reconstruction as a serious incentive.

I'm not sure what Dundee think have changed in the past week.

Erm, you have just answered your own question there m9.

18 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Perhaps not, but at least they tried. The same can’t be said for every other club in the SPFL happy to bend over and take what they’re given. We had absolutely nothing to lose out of this.

For all the high jinx that has come out of this you can’t say your club has taken the principled fight to the SPFL.

Dundee ditched it’s principals (along with Partick and ICT) as soon as it found out it had the casting vote.

For it’s trouble and meek resistance, it has ended up with a face like a painter’s radio and a promise of a call next week.  

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It will all be worth it for the lols of watching that squad try to compete in the premiership. For that you’re absolutely more than welcome.

Are you genuinely suggesting that, in a first for Scottish football, Dundee United will start next season with exactly the same squad?

Just now, johnnydun said:

Erm, you have just answered your own question there m9.

Not really.

By all accounts it was discussed, and then shelved, before the proposal to vote on came out. All Dundee have done is make them talk about it again, a week or so after they already rejected it.

It makes sense if you have got some backhand money out it, as if you've wasted all this time purely to get a meeting over the exact same thing that was rejected this month, then thats incredible.

I don't imagine Budge will be able to do much direct damage in her new role.  

Her main concern will be trying to alter the set-up at the top end to preserve Hearts' top flight status. 

I doubt if she'll be that concerned with performing genocide on lower league clubs.  It is worth remembering her stated views on such outfits though.