VWQARKSNXVDMPAQD6XIYAGDJUI.jpg

McDiarmid Park - Where dreams are made.

Look at how buzzing Polworth is.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

VWQARKSNXVDMPAQD6XIYAGDJUI.jpg

McDiarmid Park - Where dreams are made.

Look at how buzzing Polworth is.

:lol:

Only two (three at a push) of those players still with us two years later. Changed days from the stable ICT side of the mid 2010s.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye I'm not convinced it'll pass, but it'll depend entirely on what they come up with.

Problem is the Premiership clubs will have a major say in the proposal, if I'm reading it right. Even if it does goes through, I'd suggest the 12 currently up there will have it, somehow, bent to their will.

I wouldn't trust Ann Budge with reconstruction either, she's been pretty vocal about wanting the size of the SPFL cut in half and the part time sides cut adrift. 

I didn’t realise that about Budge. She is for the watching then. 

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the following need to be met in order for a reconstruction to pass:

• 11 clubs from the Premiership (90%)
  • 17 clubs from the Premiership and Championship combined (75%)
  • 32 clubs from the whole SPFL (75%)

This is different from the previous vote because reconstruction requires a Qualified Resolution, not an Ordinary Resolution.

No it doesn’t - only if the reconstruction involves increasing the number of clubs

1 minute ago, RiG said:

:lol:

Only two (three at a push) of those players still with us two years later. Changed days from the stable ICT side of the mid 2010s.

Its disgusting how many players I can actually name from that photo. Had no idea it was 3 years ago now 😂 I ended up giving a lift to 3 pished ICT fans from the City centre, got £30 off them and used it to go the game in the Dumbarton end...

Just now, qos_75 said:

I didn’t realise that about Budge. She is for the watching then. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

Excuse my language, but shes a dangerous old c**t. She'll use these talks as a vehicle to save Hearts, and utterly fucking shaft any club below them.

In terms of reconstruction, its maybe a case of better the devil you know...

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

That's not going to happen with this proposal - if 10 SPFL clubs vote against it it's done for, so she'll probably need at least a few votes from the current League 2 clubs.

Which will ruin the proposal.

Reconstruction might rest on how much she demands it be about her, by the sounds of the BBC article shes "leading the taskforce".

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it doesn’t - only if the reconstruction involves increasing the number of clubs

Well that's strictly true, but I can't see any expansion of the top flight which doesn't subsequently lead to at least two more clubs being added to the SPFL. An 8 team division would make no sense, and anything which changes from 4 to 3 divisions is going to be an instant vote loser surely.

The original statement about the resolution already made a commitment to discussing league reconstruction, so this was always going to happen.

Dundee have achieved the square root of exactly nothing here.

Perhaps not, but at least they tried. The same can’t be said for every other club in the SPFL happy to bend over and take what they’re given. We had absolutely nothing to lose out of this.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What will there be to discuss tomorrow?  This thread will fizzle out now.

It has had a good innings. I reckon there will be a few flare ups before the light fizzles out completely though. 

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Are Dundee fans still pretending that their vote on a single issue - ie whether to finish the league now or not, is somehow an incredible bargaining chip in securing something that the people they're negotiating with don't have the power to give them. Nelms and co appear to be trying to play 4D chess on a dartboard.

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the following need to be met in order for a reconstruction to pass:

• 11 clubs from the Premiership (90%)
  • 17 clubs from the Premiership and Championship combined (75%)
  • 32 clubs from the whole SPFL (75%)

This is different from the previous vote because reconstruction requires a Qualified Resolution, not an Ordinary Resolution.

I'm confused, m8. Did Nelms use his bargaining chip to get in this position or not? How did we get to the stage of having a reconstruction taskforce set up if he was talking to the wrong people?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I'm confused, m8. Did Nelms use his bargaining chip to get in this position or not? How did we get to the stage of having a reconstruction taskforce set up if he was talking to the wrong people?

'Reconstruction Taskforce'

l0HlLcHczcBAjZ6Vi.gif

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

TBF you've not actually got anything out of it.

Plastic talks about something that seems incredibly unlikely to be voted for.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

TBF you've not actually got anything out of it.

Plastic talks about something that seems incredibly unlikely to be voted for.

And a shitload of cash.