Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

There was no prospect of Falkirk going up short of reconstruction so this news really doesn't change anything for them. 

Unless they change to a 12 tier Championship which seems unlikely 

Just now, rb123! said:

The pies at Falkirk were decent and the away end had a good view, that was about the only good things.

Also the quick easy exit onto the M9 to get away as quick as possible is an added bonus!

My thoughts exactly. 

I wonder if Inverness C would consider playing their home games there next season?

2 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

My thoughts exactly. 

I wonder if Inverness C would consider playing their home games there next season?

Hopefully we might get rid of that shiter of a haul up the A9 if they slide their way in through the back door to the Prem, for travelling purposes i'd much rather go to Falkirk than Inverness.

Missed most of this, but I'm stunned to hear after all this that Dundee have changed their vote based on the word of both the SPFL, and Premiership clubs. Both of these parties are as untrustworthy as they come.

A half arsed proposal for an expanded top flight, that loses the vote quite comfortably, inbound IMO.

Rangers will vote against it out of sheer spite, Hibs will laugh at Hearts getting their hopes up then getting relegated.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the following need to be met in order for a reconstruction to pass:

• 11 clubs from the Premiership (90%)
  • 17 clubs from the Premiership and Championship combined (75%)
  • 32 clubs from the whole SPFL (75%)

This is different from the previous vote because reconstruction requires a Qualified Resolution, not an Ordinary Resolution.

23 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The ONLY way Nelms has achieved anything out of this, is if the league kicks off with 16 teams in it. Otherwise, what an absolute disaster he's had.

He was the centre of attention for five days though so not a total waste of time.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the following need to be met in order for a reconstruction to pass:

This is different from the previous vote because reconstruction requires a Qualified Resolution, not an Ordinary Resolution.

You'd be aswell deducting one from the potential figures as we all know ol' spiteful Rangers will vote against it regardless now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You'd be aswell deducting one from the potential figures as we all know ol' spiteful Rangers will vote against it regardless now.

Realistically you would be lucky to get more than 50% voting for it from the top tier. It is a non-starter.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Falkirk is, without doubt, the worst away day in the country. 

They can stay in the Lowland League or wherever they are these days. 

You are forgetting Saint Johnstone.

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

Realistically you would be lucky to get more than 50% voting for it from the top tier. It is a non-starter.

Aye I'm not convinced it'll pass, but it'll depend entirely on what they come up with.

Problem is the Premiership clubs will have a major say in the proposal, if I'm reading it right. Even if it does goes through, I'd suggest the 12 currently up there will have it, somehow, bent to their will.

I wouldn't trust Ann Budge with reconstruction either, she's been pretty vocal about wanting the size of the SPFL cut in half and the part time sides cut adrift. 

So if 40 of the 42 say "Yes" it can still fall if 2 Premiership teams say "no". 2 clubs can still dictate to the other 42. *sigh*

28 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The ONLY way Nelms has achieved anything out of this, is if the league kicks off with 16 teams in it. Otherwise, what an absolute disaster he's had.

Maybe he thinks an expanded top flight is better for Dundee, more likely for them to be in it.  Also, if the top fligth goes to 14 teams, United and Caley promoted, no relegation. Dundee presumably think they are more likely to win the league than if the normal processes are used.

Championship with 14 team Premiership - Dundee, Ayr Utd, Arbroath, Morton, Dunfermline, Alloa, Queen of the South, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Falkirk.

Championship with 12 team Premiership - Hearts, ICT, Dundee, Ayr Utd, Arbroath, Morton, Dunfermline, Alloa, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers.

While Dundee would clearly have the top budget in the first scenario I think it'd be very risky to bank on going up.  This league can throw up a lot of unexpected seasons.