Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Ann Budge certainly isn't going to advise a proposal that will see Hearts relegated. With her being in charge of the team it can only mean either no promotion/relegation or an expanded league.
At the same time I see Les Gray struggling to agree to a format which heightens the risk of them getting relegated, which we all know they always just avoid

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
9 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:
Ann Budge certainly isn't going to advise a proposal that will see Hearts relegated. With her being in charge of the team it can only mean either no promotion/relegation or an expanded league.

At the same time I see Les Gray struggling to agree to a format which heightens the risk of them getting relegated, which we all know they always just avoid

The bigger the league the less chance of Accies being bottom 2.

Ann Budge will find a proposal that will ensure her club aren't relegated. Hence why she's been put in charge of it.

Ok so she finds a proposal that sees a 14 or 16 team top flight. Any proposal will have to be voted through and when it comes to the time to vote it won’t pass imo.

I have no doubt she’s been put in this role to save her club but I don’t see it working.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
9 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I've posted on this thread more times than a Rangers fan spits their dummy out, but I recall saying I'd be happy with a no promotion/relegation situation or an expanded league. We've got the ball rolling with that. Do not understand how Dundee fans can be upset at this - It wouldn't directly have an impact on us anyways but now, we're assured something will be produced rather than just a casual chat.

It might still not go through - but we've done what we can, in the position we were in to further it from the stage that was originally suggested.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Ok so she finds a proposal that sees a 14 or 16 team top flight. Any proposal will have to be voted through and when it comes to the time to vote it won’t pass imo.

I have no doubt she’s been put in this role to save her club but I don’t see it working.

Maybe not - but it's certainly in a more promising position than it was last Friday and that's down to Nelms IMO. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess.

The old SPL wasn't called the Self Preservation League for nothing.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

She’s only been tasked with finding a proposal. If she can’t find a suitable proposal or finds one and it gets voted down then Hearts will be relegated.

Reconstruction won’t happen imo.

The one thing about the taskforce is that the two in cherge have got a vested interest in the league being expanded so at the very least we're guaranteed a genuine attempt at getting it reconstructed. Whether they're competent enough with their persuasion skills and/or there's sufficient appetite for change is another matter entirely of course. 

14 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The proposal which just passed specified promotion and relegation issues. Thats now the status quo. Hearts ARE a Championship team unless an expanded reconstruction agrees otherwise.

Edit - or will do once UEFA grow a set and accept seasons are over.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, Dee Man said:

The one thing about the taskforce is that the two in cherge have got a vested interest in the league being expanded so at the very least we're guaranteed a genuine attempt at getting it reconstructed. Whether they're competent enough with their persuasion skills and/or there's sufficient appetite for change is another matter entirely of course. 

You've said it better and more eloquently than I can!

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

We got everything we wanted judging by our previous statement. We can't force reconstruction through, but we've now got the ball rolling with it. It can still go to shit - but we played the hand we were dealt.

This was already on the table. At most, you've got them to commit to a more high-profile consultation,  but the end result will be the same. 

Cue 'there are options, but it will be too late to implement any for the coming season'. 

Aye, well played indeed. 

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

The proposal which just passed specified promotion and relegation issues. Thats now the status quo. Hearts ARE a Championship team unless an expanded reconstruction agrees otherwise.

Which goes back to the point I made.

Thanks for that Sherlock.

Just now, bad chad said:

This was already on the table. At most, you've got them to commit to a more high-profile consultation,  but the end result will be the same. 

Cue 'there are options, but it will be too late to implement any for the coming season'. 

Aye, well played indeed. 

mystic-meg-e3805e14-3f7d-4211-9e9e-96ca3

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Seething Sevco fans have already descended upon Dens.

Look at the state they've left it in!

20200415_184506.thumb.jpg.49b82b4776c2f813d00b08672ed06cd3.jpg

20200415_184446.thumb.jpg.87efceb63f98278e13d6b864953f75a8.jpg

20200415_184425.thumb.jpg.080a58c0ab83d3de31df46a32df8eb90.jpg

20200415_184739.thumb.jpg.ae27cb3af73b1b69cc66bdc37448236c.jpg

Never seen anyone with such a hard on for another team as you, is it possible to support two teams?

We got everything we wanted judging by our previous statement. We can't force reconstruction through, but we've now got the ball rolling with it. It can still go to shit - but we played the hand we were dealt.

The original statement about the resolution already made a commitment to discussing league reconstruction, so this was always going to happen.

Dundee have achieved the square root of exactly nothing here.

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Which goes back to the point I made.

Thanks for that Sherlock.

Well no Holmes, you said that no promotion or relegation would be an option for her. It isnt and whatever happens the three champion sides will go up.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, craigkillie said:

The original statement about the resolution already made a commitment to discussing league reconstruction, so this was always going to happen.

Dundee have achieved the square root of exactly nothing here.

Ah, so now we're trusting everything the SPFL says. Right you are.

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Ann Budge will find a proposal that will ensure her club aren't relegated. Hence why she's been put in charge of it.

What, does she possess psychic/mind control powers to ensure that it would be acceptable to every other club in the top flight and a significant majority in the lower leagues as well? How did her last hare-brained proposal get on exactly? And with the league season wrapped up the default outcome in the event of reconstruction proposals failing will be to promote the league winners and relegate the bottom-placed shite.

Certain clubs out of self-interest wanted a guarantee from the SPFL that reconstruction would take place before voting for the proposal on Friday: they didn't get it so withheld their yes vote. The SPFL agrees to set up a mere committee to make suggestions for reconstruction that still have to be approved by the usual supermajority mechanism and Dundee folds its hand in the most pathetic manner possible.

A full-blown minter.