Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

31 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Perhaps not but there's surely an argument for saying stick to what you believed in at the time and go with it.

Why the avoidance until today of any communication, the supposed posturing and undoubted communications towards any clubs interested in alleged bartering for their vote, the overall uncertainty and circus this has all become and after all that, still no vote cast. 

Piss up and brewery spring to mind. Amazed there are Dundee fans who actually have the neck to show face on here. I hope it backfires spectacularly on their club. 

And I couldn't give a flying fox what happens to be honest. As a club Ayr  get a decent payout or try and keep overachieving to try to get up via the playoffs. Just time for some clarity really. 

All this chat of looking after the interests of other clubs who may be relegated is absolute claptrap that fools nobody. Everybody, rightly, looks after themselves first. 

An "Ayr Utd" fan in a multi-paragraphed meltdown. 

You're fooling absolutely no one, m8. 

We got exactly what we asked for going by our club statements:

“The SPFL board has also committed to consult on possible league restructuring in time for season 2020/21 around an expanded Premiership model and has appointed Hearts chair Ann Budge and Hamilton Academical chair Les Gray to jointly lead a reconstruction task force.”

It's been played well by Nelms, but still plenty of time for it to all go to shit.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

“The SPFL board has also committed to consult on possible league restructuring in time for season 2020/21 around an expanded Premiership model and has appointed Hearts chair Ann Budge and Hamilton Academical chair Les Gray to jointly lead a reconstruction task force.”

It's been played well by Nelms, but still plenty of time for it to all go to shit.

Budge's integrity held up well then.

Chairs of the bottom two clubs deciding on if the league should be reconstructed...
That will be a no, no it shouldn't.
Hearts should be down and Hamilton are in position for a play off.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

If you think that's well played, I've got a few business proposals for you... 

Guest DAVIDB69

Still don’t think everything is resolved , uefa may not allow a new season to start until the countries who are playing their fixtures from 19/20 are completed.

I'll hang fire with a full comment until I know where this finally ends - at the moment - not at all impressed.

I can understand a swither between abstaining (as I felt should have happened in the first place) and a No - but you have to ask - what is fundamentally different between now and last Friday?

Just now, bad chad said:

If you think that's well played, I've got a few business proposals for you... 

We got everything we wanted judging by our previous statement. We can't force reconstruction through, but we've now got the ball rolling with it. It can still go to shit - but we played the hand we were dealt.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

This is the only proposal of reconstruction i'd favour, thinks it's a pretty good format with more teams in each league meaning less repetitiveness and also each season will have more changes of teams in each league. Only drawback is playing each other just 2 times a season and then a top/bottom half split works out at just  32 games a season instead of the current 36 (If my maths is correct). However the reduction of 4 games in a season could allow for a months winter break for all leagues in Scottish football and also ease congestion at the end of the season from rescheduled winter postponements. Also i'd trim the play offs back to just one game at each stage so the team trying to come up isn't shafted with as many games as the current format does.

And yes i'm very bored hence why i took the time to make this.

Scottish Football Reconstruction.png

As we are now set to move onto reconstruction your plan looks ok but why is 3rd playing 4th and 5th playing 6th

If your going for 1 game in the quarter finals its should be 3rd and 4th at home to 5th and 6th and then in the semi final the winner who finished higher up the table at home as the do in the NFL play offs .

With your set up the team in 4th might set out to lose the final game to try and finish 5th and get a home tie in the play off quarter finals.