Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Is this your latest attempt to stick the boot in? Mind and no f**k it up this time.

Not really, I just dont understand why people are trying to claim the vote was never meant to be sent.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not really, I just dont understand why people are trying to claim the vote was never meant to be sent.

I'm not. Someone suggested that it could be argued that way if Partick Thistle took it to court.

BishopBriggs is in some right ol' state.

I don't think you're following this conversation tbh.

Ok why don’t you let me know what happened.
We can agree the form was signed.
Was it sent by an official of Dundee FC?
My understanding is that it apparently arrived but was delayed and in the meantime Dundee realised it was effectively a casting vote and thus an opportunity to influence events “for the greater good of Scottish Football”.

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Ok why don’t you let me know what happened.
We can agree the form was signed.
Was it sent by an official of Dundee FC?
My understanding is that it apparently arrived but was delayed and in the meantime Dundee realised it was effectively a casting vote and thus an opportunity to influence events “for the greater good of Scottish Football”.

Read the post I was originally replying to which was Renton's. I'm not saying that.

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I'm not. Someone suggested that it could be argued that way if Partick Thistle took it to court.

BishopBriggs is in some right ol' state.

I dare say it could.

It would likely depend on how many voting slips each club got. If Dundee only recieved one voting slip, and it was marked and signed, I dont see how you could argue it wasnt intended as your vote.

I'm more likely to believe there was a breakdown in your management than all the wild theories Rangers fans are spreading, tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

So if you were in such a position that you found yourself with an opportunity to negotiate your preferred league structure, you would take that opportunity?

Not if that opportunity resulted from reneging on promises that I'd made to other clubs on an important, related issue. 

I prefer integrity to lying, cheating and opportunism.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What criteria would you employ in deciding the composition of each of these three leagues?

League positions at the end of the season after all the games are played - after the necessary consultation procedure and a vote according to the SPFL rules.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Not if that opportunity resulted from reneging on promises that I'd made to other clubs on an important, related issue. 

I prefer integrity to lying, cheating and opportunism.

Where is there proof Dundee promised anything? Please do not say Scot Gardiner. 

Isn't colluding with other teams to ensure a vote goes a certain way, at the very least, opportunism?

And where's the cheating bit?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Where is there proof Dundee promised anything? Please do not say Scot Gardiner. 

Isn't colluding with other teams to ensure a vote goes a certain way, at the very least, opportunism?

And where's the cheating bit?

Voting No and then saying your decisive vote was not cast.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

League positions at the end of the season after all the games are played - after the necessary consultation procedure and a vote according to the SPFL rules.

So are you saying that literally nothing can be determined until all the games are somehow played?

That is at least consistent, but seems irrelevant, given current circumstances.  

If the season cannot be traditionally concluded, what would you propose?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

So are you saying that literally nothing can be determined until all the games are somehow played?

That is at least consistent, but seems irrelevant, given current circumstances.  

If the season cannot be traditionally concluded, what would you propose?

Declare the season null and void as has happened in England's non-league divisions.

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Voting No and then saying your decisive vote was not cast.

No conclusive proof that that's what happened. Assuming it is, it's my understanding that a no vote could be revoked. So what's up with that?