Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not either, but I think any calls for it are opportunistic in the extreme.

Nothing wrong with that, it's a great opportunity to push it through. Just because some teams would benefit more than others given the timing doesn't take anything away from that. 

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok, your last sentence puts it in a nutshell, but I don't agree with you and think it requires a certain contortion to see such an outlook as 'right'.

You're struggling a bit with the "in itself" distinction you're attempting to draw when it comes to promotion, which is perhaps why your syntax falters there.

Promotion is *usually* at the expense of a relegated team. The essence of sporting disadvantage therefore flows from the fact that the sporting advantage of promotion has an equal and opposite reaction.

When the two are not reciprocal: i.e. are deliberately decoupled, different criteria apply as to whether the proposal is fair.

In this instance, reconstruction would be a recognition that external circumstances have made any plausible way of concluding the season unfair, while also recognising that outright denying any sporting advantage to leading clubs would also be perceived as unfair.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Shouldn’t you be at work?

You'd think that after making a tit of yourself presuming to know about other people's life circumstances within the last hour, you'd have been a little bit reticent about doing it again.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing wrong with that, it's a great opportunity to push it through. Just because some teams would benefit more than others given the timing doesn't take anything away from that. 

If reconstruction along proposed lines had been a long held ambition, then I suppose this represents a legitimate opportunity to pursue it.

It's less legitimate however, in the much more common case of people simply seeing it as advantageous, given where their club currently sits.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, Ad Lib said:

You'd think that after making a tit of yourself presuming to know about other people's life circumstances within the last hour, you'd have been a little bit reticent about doing it again.

Not having any way of knowing that someone is caring for an ill parent is not making a tit of yourself.  You are intelligent enough to know this.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not having any way of knowing that someone is caring for an ill parent is not making a tit of yourself.  You are intelligent enough to know this.

Jumping in two-feet first asking people why they're posting on a football forum on a normal workday before you know about their personal circumstances, on the other hand, does make a tit of yourself.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:
The ammount of straw clutching 'Exclusives' coming out of the Record.

The impression I get is they know f**k all and are printing whatever Rangers are feeding them.

I hope so.  The big controversy must stay open.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Repeating the same question to another poster certainly is.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If reconstruction along proposed lines had been a long held ambition, then I suppose this represents a legitimate opportunity to pursue it.

It's less legitimate however, in the much more common case of people simply seeing it as advantageous, given where their club currently sits.

Don't see why that matters, just more motivation to push it through for some, all to the good.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

Jumping in two-feet first asking people why they're posting on a football forum on a normal workday before you know about their personal circumstances, on the other hand, does make a tit of yourself.

I don’t think P&B would work if we all trod around on eggshells, but you know that.

I’m sorry about your dad and wouldn’t have posted what I did had I known even though it was quite innocuous.