Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

It’s like their board thinks its sole purpose is to appease the lunatic fringe of their support.

Said 'fringe' makes up approximately 98% of their support.

33 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I refuse to believe this is true at the moment. We've been here before. 

To be honest I won't believe anything until an actual ball is kicked to start next season. Even then I will still be of the impression that in the 36th minute of that game someone from the SPFL will come on to the pitch, do a Gavin Gunning and walk off with the ball to stop it all again.

I've almost resigned myself to us never having football back in Scotland.

I see the lockdown has brought out your positive side.

PS hope the family is doing well.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

wow the mask has slipped you really have outdone yourself now.  You come across holier than thou, statements pretending you were concerned about COVID19 and all this rubbish from you, yet already wished clubs go bust, now revelling it - the worst affected will be the non playing staff at Partick Thistle, Hearts and Falkirk who will be the first to be laid off sadly, but here you are thinking its hilarious.  

Sorry, but the stuff about clubs suffering financially in the wake of relegation isn't actually new.   In fact it's been a feature for quite a while.

I had to laugh at the ICT bloke claiming his club could do nothing to contribute to sending another down.  Pretty unsporting of them to beat us 3-1 just before fixtures were suspended then, I'd have thought.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

wow the mask has slipped you really have outdone yourself now.  You come across holier than thou, statements pretending you were concerned about COVID19 and all this rubbish from you, yet already wished clubs go bust, now revelling it - the worst affected will be the non playing staff at Partick Thistle, Hearts and Falkirk who will be the first to be laid off sadly, but here you are thinking its hilarious.  
Well I think you should be blaming Low and Brittan for the situation you got yourself in this year. You had the warnings last year and fell into the exact same mistakes this season.

Also fellow Partick fans saying you're loaded apparently because of the Colin weir money so you shouldn't need to lay off staff if that's the case.

24 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Football stadiums shouldn't be providing betting facilities anyway.

For real though.

That Rangers statement might as well have said that after Morelos invoking a release clause Ibrox would no longer be providing advertising hoardings for his preferred cartel. The more outrageous thing is the notion that it was ever there in the first place.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

For real though.

That Rangers statement might as well have said that after Morelos invoking a release clause Ibrox would no longer be providing advertising hoardings for his preferred cartel. The more outrageous thing is the notion that it was ever there in the first place.

Are you on furlough?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sorry, but those stuff about clubs suffering financially in the wake of relegation isn't actually new.   In fact it's been a feature for quite a while.

I had to laugh at the ICT bloke claiming his club could do nothing to contribute to sending another down.  Pretty unsporting of them to beat us 3-1 just before fixtures were suspended then, I'd have thought.

There's a pretty big difference between playing a football match in order to disadvantage an opponent and changing the rules of how league places are determined in order to disadvantage an opponent.

You're not stupid enough not to know the difference.

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

For real though.

If Scottish football loses the bookies where will they get sponsorship? They might need to go to Cartels. The Lyons League, The Daniels Scottish Cup.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's never a good idea to claim the moral high ground on pie and bovril.

If I was a Thistle fan I would be directing my anger at Britton and Low. This mess guarantees them at least another couple of seasons in charge. That's the real crime here.

Also fwiw, 85% of clubs have voted for this proposal why you (and the vocal Thistle fans on here) continue to blame Ayr United and our fans (like we have any influence on it anyway) is more than a little bizarre.

Suck it up, lobby for league reconstruction and no relegation. If this vote is a yes it doesn't necessarily mean you are relegated.

If Thistle fans were to get angry at everything that merited that reaction, I don't think I'd even see mid 30's. 

I'd be absolutely pishing myself if I was an Ayr fan right now, given our situation. Surprised we're not getting more abuse on here. We've absolutely Falkirk'd it a peach this season and we deserve to be relegated as it stands. 

Mind you, fucking hilarious if we get out of this and remain in the Championship. 

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

There's a pretty big difference between playing a football match in order to disadvantage an opponent and changing the rules of how league places are determined in order to disadvantage an opponent.

You're not stupid enough not to know the difference.

Of course I recognise a difference, but the upshot, the thing that's being cited here as all important, is identical.

That's before we address the contradiction that apparently sees clubs benefiting financially from similar rule changes via premature promotion, as perfectly acceptable.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m looking forward to see how the Funsters spin this so that somehow they come out of this with some dignity.  The contortions will be a wonder to behold.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

JOHN NELMS - A FUNSTER’S PERSPECTIVE

Before Friday - that useless b*****d Nelms

Friday - Sir John Nelms

Saturday - Lord Nelms of Dens

Sunday - Saint John of Sporting Intergrity

Today - that useless b*****d Nelms

Literally nothing negative written by Dees between these 2 posts so you decided to make up what you wish Dundee fans were like with that desperate attempt at banter. 

There's nothing been announced yet. Settle the f**k doon.

25 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

So they do.

Can also see them boycotting Dens.

You seem to live in quite a strange wee world where absolutely every thi g goes against Dundee Football Club. 

Have they upset you in some way? 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course I recognise a difference, but the upshot, the thing that's being cited here as all important, is identical.

That's before we address the contradiction that apparently sees clubs benefiting financially from similar rule changes via premature promotion, as perfectly acceptable.

But it's completely clear from the context what is meant here.

The point is that no Club should do something which has the effect of relegating another club except on the football pitch.

Premature promotion is also unfair but can at least be justified on other grounds: mitigating of sporting disadvantage.

35 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Perhaps if you hadn’t spunked money on a parade of shite mercenaries in January then you wouldn’t need to lay off playing staff in the event of relegation - the same applies to Hearts. So spare us all your pathetic crocodile tears for the poor wee tea woman.

Literally nothing negative written by Dees between these 2 posts so you decided to make up what you wish Dundee fans were like with that desperate attempt at banter. 
There's nothing been announced yet. Settle the f**k doon.
He's just upset after the absolute ripping he got on GN yesterday. Daft old c**t [emoji23]

Just now, Ad Lib said:

But it's completely clear from the context what is meant here.

The point is that no Club should do something which has the effect of relegating another club except on the football pitch.

Premature promotion is also unfair but can at least be justified on other grounds: mitigating of sporting disadvantage.

Explain your final point for me please.  

How can promotion on such a basis be "justified", when relegation can't?

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

He's just upset after the absolute ripping he got on GN yesterday. Daft old c**t emoji23.png

It's getting to be a daily occurrence over there. The lockdown is taking it's toll.