Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Don't see how Dundee can change their vote now. How do they, with a straight face, claim that without any other influence that they have persuaded themselves of the merits of the SPFL case. Can just see Drysdale on tv, trying to make that comment while gently nudging a giant swag bag of cash off screen with his heel.

Surely we can expect a nice email to the board at 905am tomorrow reiterating their original intent so that we can all move on to the next level of this shit show.

Dundee haven't voted

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

27 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I doubt that was in their thinking. Null and void isn’t on the table and I’m sure they’re fully aware that Raith will be playing in the Championship next season, no matter how it happens.

They can dress it up all they want but that would be in their thinking along with they,re in with a chance of a play off..Nothing wrong with that but be open about it.End of the day,many if not most clubs voted in self interest which was to be expected

You say null and void isnt on the table which is true for the moment but the way this whole shambles is panning out anything could be on the table eventually.

Just for the record and even though we would be one of the beneficiaries of the proposal i,m against it.

Reconstruction is the only fair way out of this but that ain,t going to happen as that doesnt suit the premier clubs or the TV deals

Edited by Rovers_Lad

How could you play this season to a finish in 10 months time? Most players are out of contact at the end of next month. 
Accept it, the season is finished. A decision has to be made on that basis.

True, and a fair point. Either it’s a non starter or everyone accepts that squads will be a bit different when we eventually start again. It just doesn’t sit right that the season is decided on 3/4 of the games or that it is just wiped from existence. Those appear to be the most likely options though.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We're changing the game, whether it's for our benefit or not. Discussions are to be had with the SPFL regarding payment prior to leagues ending. I'm sure if this unlocks the cash we'll get the same amount praise as we have had criticisms over the last few days... :rolleyes:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-hold-crisis-talks-face-21855816?2

They'll never agree to that, damage has gone too far, heads will need to roll at the top (Doncaster) before a lot of clubs trust is restored in the league body. 

Wouldn't be surprised if some clubs are already considering legal action against SPFL over Friday's shitshow

This issue has gone way further than just money now for some clubs. 

Edited by rb123!

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Has there been any indication of who the fourth club to vote no (or not vote yes) in L1/L2 was? So far I’ve only seen confirmation of Falkirk, East Fife and Stranraer.

I’d take a punt at Brechin.

We're changing the game, whether it's for our benefit or not. Discussions are to be had with the SPFL regarding payment prior to leagues ending. I'm sure if this unlocks the cash we'll get the same amount praise as we have had criticisms over the last few days... :rolleyes:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-hold-crisis-talks-face-21855816?2

How many inaccuracies or irrelevant facts are in that. I stopped reading after 2.

It is irrelevant that 85% of clubs voted for. The only relevant fact is that 75% of championship clubs didn’t.

Is £9M was being distributed to the lower league clubs. The premiership can’t get theirs until their league is called

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

How many inaccuracies or irrelevant facts are in that. I stopped reading after 2.

It is irrelevant that 85% of clubs voted for. The only relevant fact is that 75% of championship clubs didn’t.

Is £9M was being distributed to the lower league clubs. The premiership can’t get theirs until their league is called

alanis morrisette GIF

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How many pages we will manage today of people repeating exactly the same thing and speculating without having any further information?

Not sure on the volume but speculation is inevitable when nobody knows what the f**k is going on, imo.

7 hours ago, m4d said:

True, and a fair point. Either it’s a non starter or everyone accepts that squads will be a bit different when we eventually start again. It just doesn’t sit right that the season is decided on 3/4 of the games or that it is just wiped from existence. Those appear to be the most likely options though.

It's a terrible situation. There are three teams well on their way to winning their league and a tight promotion fight. There are a couple of teams well on their way to relegation (or a playoff in Brechin's case). There are plenty of playoff places up for grabs. But none of that can be finished - it just can't. 

The season cannot be voided either. So it ends the way it is now, with average points per game deciding positive. The playoffs cannot be played, so have been cancelled. Automatic promotion and relegation places are still in place. That's the situation. 

So clubs either accept that, or they don't. 

Perhaps clubs who don't accept it will be able to convince the other club to reconstruct the leagues in order to accept their vote. Or negotiate increased parachute payments. I would argue that any change should be made for the longer term, as an actual positive change. Whatever is done, it will be unfair on certain clubs. That's just the nature of it. 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Talking of inaccuracies, your final sentence above  would only be accurate if the final word was changed from “didn’t” to “haven’t”. It’s an ongoing situation,  remember, maybe for as long as 28 days in total.

Some Falkirk fans are still claiming that them voting against the proposal is all about sporting integrity, and that only they and the others who voted against have integrity whilst everyone who voted for lacks it and are terrible scum etc (have a wee look at their thread).

Absolutely astonishing stupidity or breathtaking naivety.

Edited by DA Baracus