Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just now, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52262428

It gets better, from what I read of that they voted no but then changed there minds at the last minute and now want to vote yes.

An absolute f**k up of the highest proportion, heads should roll at the SPFL because of this

Nothing even hints at that.

18 minutes ago, m4d said:

Bottom line is it was far too early to vote to end the season. Who knows when football will be able to return. We could be 10 months in which case we could then just play this season to an end.
Financially that may not pan out but, if we end the season now, we could be in a position to start playing again with not enough time to play even half a season.

How could you play this season to a finish in 10 months time? Most players are out of contact at the end of next month. 

Accept it, the season is finished. A decision has to be made on that basis.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Do you honestly believe that Nelms is in total control here?

The way I see it is that he's backed himself into a corner with no easy way to escape. No matter which way he votes now, his reputation has taken a dunt. All for what? What's the best Dundee can do out of this? League reconstruction with 14 teams is the best he can hope for imo, and even at that, he's stuck in the Championship for at least another year.

I get that Dundee fans are loving the chaos that their club is causing but it's purely for banter reasons only. For a long time now, Nelms has pretty much been public enemy no1 with the Dundee fans, now they're somehow lauding this shit show. Trying to cover up the absolute mess they've made of this me thinks.

As for Nelms and Keyes, this could be the moment that defines their time in Scotland. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if they drop the club like a hot stone in the coming months.

Close, but I think you will find it’s another American owner of another Dundee club that is most likely to walk away 🤣

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52262428

It gets better, from what I read of that they voted no but then changed there minds at the last minute and now want to vote yes.

An absolute f**k up of the highest proportion, heads should roll at the SPFL because of this

What's the breaking news here? Nothing in that is any different to what we have all known since Friday 

Nothing even hints at that.
But it says they attempted to vote, it didn't work and then notified the spfl that the vote shouldn't be counted, unless I've had a misinterpretation of the meaning of should not be considered cast.

And why should they say to the spfl to not consider it cast unless they've voted the wrong option, what other reason would there be for back tracking on the vote?

7 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Fear mongering from the SPFL here:

Well no, he's clarifying that the rules currently don't allow any other approach, something I've already posted several times, no matter how much wailing nonsense there is from certain parties.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, rb123! said:

But it says they attempted to vote, it didn't work and then notified the spfl that the vote shouldn't be counted, unless I've had a misinterpretation of the meaning of should not be considered cast.

And why should they say to the spfl to not consider it cast unless they've voted the wrong option, what other reason would there be for back tracking on the vote?

Again, the SPFL are telling us nothing new here.

Because we found ourselves in a much stronger position. The leaked WhatsApp messages disclosed this yesterday.

The SPFL are an absolute shambles for allowing us to do it.

I still don't get how folk think relegating Thistle with a game in hand is anywhere near fair.. we've been pish but our form over past 10 games doesn't have us bottom

Shame the season is over 36 games then

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, he's clarifying that the rules currently don't allow any other approach, something I've already posted several times, not matter how much wailing nonsense there is from certain parties.

the rules GIF

Looks like a lot of clubs could be going into financial difficulty due to the governing bodies incompetence and stubbornness not to change their own rule (or one it doesn't suit them). 

A sad day when you see a club shop attempting to kill its customers. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, he's clarifying that the rules currently don't allow any other approach, something I've already posted several times, no matter how much wailing nonsense there is from certain parties.

So why not vote to change those rules?