Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

From what I've heard if no solution can be found to this deadlock by the beginning of the week, null and void will be brought back out for discussion. The minimalistic prize money fund which the spfl has atm is all that will be dished out to clubs with no TV money added.

Doncaster basically blackmailing clubs here and the clubs raging will flip from bottom of the table to the top teams.

The banter could increase to the next level.

Oh the banter the Glasgow banter

6 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

I still don't get how folk think relegating Thistle with a game in hand is anywhere near fair.. we've been pish but our form over past 10 games doesn't have us bottom

Yes it does look at the table... 

5 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

I still don't get how folk think relegating Thistle with a game in hand is anywhere near fair.. we've been pish but our form over past 10 games doesn't have us bottom

I still don't get how folk think that football or any other sport is or ought to be inherently 'fair'. A blatant penalty that a referee doesn't give you isn't 'fair'; an offside call that the linesman fails to spot isn't 'fair'; a shot deflecting off the post and the goalkeeper's arse into the net isn't 'fair'. Life isn't fair.

The facts of the matter show that Partick have been the worst team in the division not just in terms of total points but also points per game. Given that we can no longer play any more games then the only correct and logical conclusion is for the SPFL relegates them, Hearts and all the other dogshit teams on that basis.

Bottom line is it was far too early to vote to end the season. Who knows when football will be able to return. We could be 10 months in which case we could then just play this season to an end.
Financially that may not pan out but, if we end the season now, we could be in a position to start playing again with not enough time to play even half a season.

Thistle are 2 points behind with a game in hand..
To relegate in this state of affairs would be grossly unfair. 
If any of the other teams were in this situation you would all be taking the exact same stance as Thistle are.
Forfar have openly said they voted for the proposal just so Thistle would be in the same league next year for extra income..
It's a farce. Just release 80% of the final money on current standings the now we can argue about the final 20% after we've had time to discuss a proper solution.
Or wait for Uefa to declare the season null and void and then no one gets promoted either.
Good post. Although Forfar are fucking stupid, no Thistle fan in their right mind will go to that ground next year; if in same league

Why not just let Thistle and QOTS play each other in July, or just before the new season is due to start. 

If Thistle win, we stay up. A draw or a QOTS victory and we're relegated.

This means a fixture schedule for next season could be established with minimal disruption. 

Play it behind closed doors at a neutral ground - Somerset Park? 

We can sell it on Pay-Per-View, get a 100 million +crowd to watch it. 

Maintain 2 meter distancing if we have to. It'll make it more interesting. 

Sell commemorate strips, mugs, tea-towels, etc. 

Give all the clubs affected a cut of the vast revenue. 

Except Ayr. 

These are the kind of desperate articles I want to see out of this situation. People so fed up with this shitshow that null and void behind to be touted as a viable solution. The game plan is starting to work.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-title-spat-shows-21852483

6 minutes ago, Dejahm said:

Thistle are 2 points behind with a game in hand..

To relegate in this state of affairs would be grossly unfair. 

If any of the other teams were in this situation you would all be taking the exact same stance as Thistle are.

Forfar have openly said they voted for the proposal just so Thistle would be in the same league next year for extra income.

Absolutely! Yet apparently it's only those voting against that are acting out of self interest....

Even if we had been sitting in 8th, I'd genuinely have wanted us to vote against the proposal, in anticipation of another, fairer one (eg, pay out for current league positions but hold off with relegations/promotions for now). I care about my club but I don't want us to benefit unfairly, to the detriment of others. Even if a future proposal meant we would be safe but say, the HL/LL sides were cut out, that wouldn't sit right with me at all.  The fact so many are saying our position is selfish is completely disingenuous.

If we do end up in League 1 next season, I can see fellow jags fans boycotting Forfar away and potentially others who voted for the proposal...

3 minutes ago, Al_Frazelle said:

If we do end up in League 1 next season, I can see fellow jags fans boycotting Forfar away and potentially others who voted for the proposal...

Sevco, Grangemouth and now Partick as utterly tragic boycotters in arms: you hate to see it happen.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Sevco, Grangemouth and now Partick as utterly tragic boycotters in arms: you hate to see it happen.

OK, I'll bite...

Or alternatively, one fan giving an opinion not based on any fact? 

Muppet

We've had a number of conversations with the (club) chairman over the weekend in which he reiterated the club had not yet voted on the SPFL resolution. The SPFL has proceeded on the basis of the unequivocal instruction received at 6pm Friday.A club attempted to submit a voting slip, which did not reach the SPFL until late that evening. Earlier, at 6pm on Friday, that club had confirmed in writing to the SPFL that any attempted vote from that club should not be considered as cast - SPFL