Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Do you honestly believe that Nelms is in total control here?

The way I see it is that he's backed himself into a corner with no easy way to escape. No matter which way he votes now, his reputation has taken a dunt. All for what? What's the best Dundee can do out of this? League reconstruction with 14 teams is the best he can hope for imo, and even at that, he's stuck in the Championship for at least another year.

I get that Dundee fans are loving the chaos that their club is causing but it's purely for banter reasons only. For a long time now, Nelms has pretty much been public enemy no1 with the Dundee fans, now they're somehow lauding this shit show. Trying to cover up the absolute mess they've made of this me thinks.

As for Nelms and Keyes, this could the moment that defines their time in Scotland. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if they drop the club like a hot stone in the coming months.

Ooft.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They could (although I doubt such a vote would get through). But that's not what he said. He said they could distribute the rest of the money anytime without final placings. The SPFL has already distributed all of the money which is not dependent on final placings. In order to distribute the rest of the money they either need to declare the final placings (which is what they tried to do) or agree a rule change with a different model of some sort. Either way it would need a 75% majority by the same three categories (Premiership, Championship and League 1 / 2). They cannot distribute the remainder of the money any other way under the existing rules.

Thanks. You wonder why they didnt take vote on a rule change then. Would surely pass without much dissent...

Its not our fault that youre bottom of the league despite youre multi million pound supporter.  Get real and start looking bat the bigger picture and the needs of ALL of Scottish football.

What bigger picture? It's a botched rushed job. Bigger picture would be to have 2 Full Time leagues of 16/18 teams each with better pyramid system. Promotion to leagues from lower leagues could easily be arranged, as could 4 old firm games a year. Partick Thistle, Dundee, ICT, Hearts and dare I say Newco are right to question it despite their predicament. Clearly these teams have a horse in the race here but to say this option is for the betterment of Scottish football is laughable.

Personally think any solution they come up with should see celtic, dundee utd and cove awarded the league and promoted where possible. If it means Raith are awarded the league 1 trophy then fair enough.

I have to laugh at the likes of hearts and partick moaning about it when they have been pish all season.

Just now, renton said:

Thanks. You wonder why they didnt take vote on a rule change then. Would surely pass without much dissent...

What rule change would you like?

I can't see anything passing to be honest other than potentially paying based on current positions but not declaring them final. That might get through but leaves two potential issues. If somehow we did eventually finish the season and positions inevitably change then the money has already been paid out in the wrong percentages. Plus, once the money is paid out you'd get endless bickering about the promotion / relegation issue with nobody having much incentive to resolve it as they'd already have all the money. The same arguments about how fair or unfair everything is to the top and bottom sides would rage on and on ad infinitum.

Any other model of payout such as pooling the funds for each League and paying them out equally will inevitably leave some clubs giving up an awful lot of money I don't see it getting anything like 75% support. If you suggest pooling funds I guarantee that Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Dundee United and (probably despite their magnanimous gesture on Friday) Inverness would be the first to vote it down. These clubs would have to give up hundreds of thousands of pounds, millions in Celtic's case.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What bigger picture? It's a botched rushed job. Bigger picture would be to have 2 professional leagues of 16/18 teams each with better pyramid system. 

What's a professional league?

Do you mean FT of which Scotland has about 20 teams or leagues where players are paid to play of which is well over three figures?

Do you honestly believe that Nelms is in total control here?

The way I see it is that he's backed himself into a corner with no easy way to escape. No matter which way he votes now, his reputation has taken a dunt. All for what? What's the best Dundee can do out of this? League reconstruction with 14 teams is the best he can hope for imo, and even at that, he's stuck in the Championship for at least another year.

I get that Dundee fans are loving the chaos that their club is causing but it's purely for banter reasons only. For a long time now, Nelms has pretty much been public enemy no1 with the Dundee fans, now they're somehow lauding this shit show. Trying to cover up the absolute mess they've made of this me thinks.

As for Nelms and Keyes, this could the moment that defines their time in Scotland. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if they drop the club like a hot stone in the coming months.
I think most of us Dees are in agreement that we have no problem with Nelms on the business side. When it comes to football matters, esp managerial appointments he is unquestionably shite.

Thistle are 2 points behind with a game in hand..

To relegate in this state of affairs would be grossly unfair. 

If any of the other teams were in this situation you would all be taking the exact same stance as Thistle are.

Forfar have openly said they voted for the proposal just so Thistle would be in the same league next year for extra income..

It's a farce. Just release 80% of the final money on current standings the now we can argue about the final 20% after we've had time to discuss a proper solution.

Or wait for Uefa to declare the season null and void and then no one gets promoted either.

From what I've heard if no solution can be found to this deadlock by the beginning of the week, null and void will be brought back out for discussion. The minimalistic prize money fund which the spfl has atm is all that will be dished out to clubs with no TV money added.

Doncaster basically blackmailing clubs here and the clubs raging will flip from bottom of the table to the top teams.

The banter could increase to the next level.

Just now, Jock Tamson said:
15 minutes ago, Dele said:
emoji38.png
Oh my days. 

Class response, well done fella.

It's all I could muster through the fit of laughter your post caused. 

In these times of trouble, you supply such hilarity. 

Thank you. x. 

28 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

The SPFL have already distributed the funds clubs minus the final placings. Every club was given on 20th March the money that the bottom club in their prospective leagues would receive. This current situation is so that the difference which is based on finishing position can be paid.

So the club's that are claiming potential financial ruin would've been screwed anyway if they'd finished bottom of their respective leagues? Could you not argue that they're living outwith their means if they're a poor season away from oblivion? Genuine question.

2 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
3 minutes ago, Dele said:
Thank you. x. 

Hit a nerve?

You caused a gelastic seizure, right enough. 

3 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
5 minutes ago, Dele said:
Thank you. x. 

Hit a nerve?

If laughing at your stupidity is 'hitting a nerve' then yes, yes you have.

Just now, Jock Tamson said:
1 minute ago, Dele said:
You caused a gelastic seizure, right enough. 

What do you disagree with in my post, and why?

Everything. 

Because it's been cooked up under a metallic hat inside your skull. Seriously, read it. It's absolutely mad. 

Again, kudos.