Jump to content
Granny Danger

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Recommended Posts

Dear oh dear... that's pretty shocking. Stay classy Heart of Midlothian. 
To be honest every club is looking out for its self.

Rangers are calling for the season to be played in full before anyone is awarded the title.

Dundee United will take legal action if the season is voided and they are not promoted.

Same with Raith and possibly Cove

Falkirk, ICT, Dundee would also be looking at legal options if they dont get playoffs...

Partick if they get relegated

So Hearts saying they will take legal action if they get relegated right now is no surprise to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thousands of football fans, possibly some on here, will lose their jobs in the coming months and face enormous financial hardship.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

To be honest every club is looking out for its self.

Rangers are calling for the season to be played in full before anyone is awarded the title.

Dundee United will take legal action if the season is voided and they are not promoted.

Same with Raith and possibly Cove

Falkirk, ICT, Dundee would also be looking at legal options if they dont get playoffs...

Partick if they get relegated

So Hearts saying they will take legal action if they get relegated right now is no surprise to anyone.

Aye, the financial implications of booting Hearts into the championship would be massive for them, they'll quite rightly feel aggrieved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thousands of football fans, possibly some on here, will lose their jobs in the coming months and face enormous financial hardship.

I'm sorry, are you saying this in relation to Budge's comments, or just randomly throwing in strange statements to the conversation?

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As Jock Stein famously said, "There would be no football without the fans"

:lol:

Did you get a Jock Stein book at the weekend or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

So Hearts saying they will take legal action if they get relegated right now is no surprise to anyone.

Nothing has even been decided yet. Absolute bamish behavior on Budge's part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2020 at 17:50, Skyline Drifter said:

IF there is any prize money. The tv companies don't write a cheque for their season liability on August 1st. It's paid in stage payments. Even if they had paid it in full they might very well be entitled to a large chunk of it back if games are cancelled and never broadcast.

If that's true then give them 20 more live games next season. Which I suggested ages ago and got shot down for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As Jock Stein famously said, "There would be no football without the fans"

Did he not say “Football without fans is nothing”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what i think will happen pretty sure of it , Games will resume end of july (based on projected covid peak) till all fixtures are completed

with midweek and weekend games considered

the league and challenge cup will be cancelled for 20/21 season 

the 20/21 season will be started / extended as needed to allow proper reorganisation (contracts holidays ect ect )

 

This of course will depend on the authorities doing the right thing regarding containment ect .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Nothing has even been decided yet. Absolute bamish behavior on Budge's part.

I'm not condoning it, but is she not strictly liable for hearts still? She would need to not only cover the short fall in the present, but if relegated, have to deal with that shortfall too.

I think it's more of a warning shot to the powers that be of potential litigation rather than "I don't care about  people getting sick".

Already been covered by some, but starting next season on time with points differences kept is the best way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, virginton said:

They'll get booted into the Championship for 'being fucking shite' which is how a league system works. 

Only if its completed.

Thank you.

eta well said Budge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Nothing has even been decided yet. Absolute bamish behavior on Budge's part.

It looks like Budge has said that she would “consider” legal action; that’s not a big surprise.

Some have chosen to report that she will “take” legal action probably because it’s a better headline.

Much will depend on the detail of the SPFL’s contract with the member clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dele said:

or just randomly throwing in strange statements to the conversation?

:lol:

 

That's his usual M.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It looks like Budge has said that she would “consider” legal action; that’s not a big surprise.

Some have chosen to report that she will “take” legal action probably because it’s a better headline.

Much will depend on the detail of the SPFL’s contract with the member clubs.

Still absolutely crass in either case. Especially given the timing, there will be more than enough time to have that battle. It should also be conducted in private rather than in the papers. Is Jim Traynor on the Hearts payroll? It reeks of his incompetence.

Edited by Trogdor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Still absolutely crass in either case. Especially given the timing, there will be more than enough time to have that battle. It should also be conducted in private rather than in the papers. Is Jim Traynor on the Hearts payroll? It reeks of his incompetence.

Her first loyalty is to her club, she obviously thinks it’s the right approach.  If it comes back to bite her she will have to live with that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

To be honest every club is looking out for its self.

Rangers are calling for the season to be played in full before anyone is awarded the title.

Dundee United will take legal action if the season is voided and they are not promoted.

Same with Raith and possibly Cove

Falkirk, ICT, Dundee would also be looking at legal options if they dont get playoffs...

Partick if they get relegated

So Hearts saying they will take legal action if they get relegated right now is no surprise to anyone.

Rangers apparently want the games played in open stadiums and wont accept behind closed doors. They arent really getting this virus thing it would appear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the rest of the championship games straight to penalties over the course of a weekend at Hampden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...