Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

What the f**k are Dundee waiting on? A simple yes or no would mean that we could all move forward with regards promotion/relegation etc or work on a new set of resolutions to vote on. Cant see the benefit of dragging it out

The benefit is it shows up what kind of organisation the SPFL is.
Inept - definitely
Worse - possibly

Nelms and Dundee are the only club holding things up. 
By neither yes or no, everyone is now stuck waiting, when teams are desperate for clarity.

The SPFL need to call it as failing.

They didn’t achieve the votes needed to make the change by the stipulated deadline.

They are the ones holding it up

8 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Give it time. This shambles will 100% top it.

Only if Rangers go tits up again.

8 hours ago, Iain said:

14 is a ridiculous number of teams to have in a league. Hard to think of any format that distributes home and away games evenly and fairly. 18 is the right number or, at a push, 20.

Neither is a viable proposal.

7 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

It'd also in theory leave us with an 'easy ride' next season. I say that with the full belief that we'd likely still bottle it as it's what we do and we do it pretty fucking well. But, in theory, no Hearts and no United - We'd be have the biggest budget in the league by a considerable distance.

It would be very Dundee to force through a 14 team top flight with the belief it gives them guaranteed promotion into it the next season.

Only to finish 2nd behind Partick Thistle, who theyll have saved from relegation, and miss out.

13 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

The SPFL need to call it as failing.

They didn’t achieve the votes needed to make the change by the stipulated deadline.

They are the ones holding it up

If Dundee have sent their vote and its failed to arrive at the SPFL, it would take them 5 minutes to prove they sent it, and the vote would be already over and done with.

It seems clear Dundee never sent it.

The deadline was 28 days, not 5 on Friday, so they still have time to officially cast their vote.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Dundee have sent their vote and its failed to arrive at the SPFL, it would take them 5 minutes to prove they sent it, and the vote would be already over and done with.

The deadline was 28 days, not 5 on Friday, so they still have time to officially cast their vote.

The SPFL technical guy that manages the firewalls, and who could check that, was probably on holiday on Easter Friday.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did they actually send a response but it was worded something like, 'No, if you dont look at a league reconstruction'.  SPFL then go back and say, this isnt a No or a Yes vote, you are offering some kind of point of negotiation. What are you voting No or Yes?

Dees board go in to hiding to discuss, SPFL state they have had no vote from the Dees.

If we were in cahoots with Thistle and ICT (no big deal for me) then changed tack at the last minute with the above I dont see where our position of power comes from. To me, as I mentioned before, we are now isolated. 

14 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Did they actually send a response but it was worded something like, 'No, if you dont look at a league reconstruction'.  SPFL then go back and say, this isnt a No or a Yes vote, you are offering some kind of point of negotiation. What are you voting No or Yes?

Dees board go in to hiding to discuss, SPFL state they have had no vote from the Dees.

If we were in cahoots with Thistle and ICT (no big deal for me) then changed tack at the last minute with the above I dont see where our position of power comes from. To me, as I mentioned before, we are now isolated. 

As far as I know, and if those slips are real, if theyve sent the SPFL that voting slip with the "No" box marked, then their vote is in.

It wouldnt matter if they send a wee note on it/with any email, if they mark that box and send the slip in, their vote is cast.

This "voting slip was lost" seems an absolutely ridiculous excuse and one that wouldve been cleared up quite easily by now if it was true.

Most obvious solution is the vote was never cast.

If Dundee had asked all the other clubs how they were voting, and realised they could be in this situation, so have just lied to clubs about their own vote, then that's ridiculously shite from them but it's their own right to do so and all clubs had that option, no matter how nefarious it is.

On the other hand, this is all coming from Scot Gardiner, who seems like an absolute moron. I'm fairly convinced I could start a twitter account named John Nelms, and DM him calling him a fanny, and it would be on the BBC by lunchtime.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What is Scot Gardiners motivation in this ?

he says it’s nothing to do with ict or their play off aspirations yet he seems to be the architect of the No vote setting up a WhatsApp group of the No teams which excluded the other teams and obviously has worked very hard to shoot down the spfl resolution. Then goes on the radio and gives an account which didn’t include all the details about the texts Eric DRYSDALE later sent re Dundee  holding off on resubmitting vote. 

ex ceo of Hearts, Rangers and Dundee so is he serving ict well at the moment ?

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The news that the Championship clubs had rejected the proposal came through Kheredine Idessane, a man who spends most of his time covering tennis, and who on two separate occasions thought there were 12 teams in the Championship. He is not habitually involved in reporting on football but suddenly seemed to want to turn into Sherlock Holmes on this story. It is now extremely clear that Gardiner is Idessane's source.

To be fair to KI, he was a football reporter before he got the Andy Murray gig. I remember him mid to late 90s doing that, when AM was still at school. My bro ran against him at an athletics meet up in Inverness in 98 and I knew who he was.

Edited by cmontheloknow

if they gave say the 8th place prize to Alloa and then we eventually did play out the League and they slump to bottom. They need to get that money back

Good luck getting that cash back from Mike. [emoji6]

As far as I know, and if those slips are real, if theyve sent the SPFL that voting slip with the "No" box marked, then their vote is in.
It wouldnt matter if they send a wee note on it/with any email, if they mark that box and send the slip in, their vote is cast.
This "voting slip was lost" seems an absolutely ridiculous excuse and one that wouldve been cleared up quite easily by now if it was true.
Most obvious solution is the vote was never cast.
If Dundee had asked all the other clubs how they were voting, and realised they could be in this situation, so have just lied to clubs about their own vote, then that's ridiculously shite from them but it's their own right to do so and all clubs had that option, no matter how nefarious it is.
On the other hand, this is all coming from Scot Gardiner, who seems like an absolute moron. I'm fairly convinced I could start a twitter account named John Nelms, and DM him calling him a fanny, and it would be on the BBC by lunchtime.
I think it's the reason there is still a lot of debate about what happened - Gardiner is a duplicitous shite bag at the best of times.

9 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

The Sun (I know) are purporting that Nelms will say yes if the SPFL guarantee to consider a 14 team top flight in order to 'get his moment in the sun'.

“Guarantee to consider”

Peace in our Time

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think it's the reason there is still a lot of debate about what happened - Gardiner is a duplicitous shite bag at the best of times.

Dundee are also adding to the confusion, and reinforcing his claims that you're now trying to negotiate something, by operating in complete silence now after being so vocal before the claims.

No idea how this all ends now, tbh. From a entirely selfish point of view I'm just St Johnstone look like theyll be unaffected by the whole thing, this must be hell for teams who are waiting to know their fate.

9 hours ago, Iain said:

14 is a ridiculous number of teams to have in a league. Hard to think of any format that distributes home and away games evenly and fairly. 18 is the right number or, at a push, 20.

Play each other twice. Split. Top 7 / Bottom 7 play each other twice. 38 games.

Raith chairman claiming theyll be in administration by "July/August" if they dont recieve their final payment of prize money by then.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Play each other twice. Split. Top 7 / Bottom 7 play each other twice. 38 games.

And have one side idle on the final day?

Let's remember that the season Hibs were relegated, they sat top of the bottom half at the time of the split, before its suggested you schedule the side in that position as being idle on the last day.

Going way back to Dele's idea of evenly splitting the prize pot which would mean everyone would get £595,000 nice wee bonus for Brechin who should have received £45,000 and Dundee United who would get a £30,000 lift