Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fundamentally none of that matter though. The clubs will have to comply with what the JRG say. At the moment that guidance is saying if you have an expectation of under 1,000 no checks are required for football matches and if you expect over 1,000 then you check 50% or 1,000 people, whichever is the higher.

Events where expectation is over 1,000 fans MUST be fully vaccinated including booster or able to show a negative LFT.

Furthermore, all matches clubs should recommend and encourage that fans take an LFT before attendance regardless of vaccine status.

Why are the JRG going further than the SG guidance?

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Why are the JRG going further than the SG guidance?

🤷‍♀️

It may be that @craigkillie is correct and it will change again but it wouldn't be the first time football has followed different guidance from the rest of the population.

Until anything changes clubs will be obliged to comply with the JRG requirements though.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It feels like that guidance maybe hasn't been fully updated.

Bit daft publishing guidance before they’ve finished updating it. They should have left the previous version in place until the new version was complete. That’s 10 minutes I’ll never get back.

9 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

This, I don't see the difficulty in getting the ticket checker to check the vaccine/ test status at the same time. 

Also, I'm sure the vaccine status could be checked when the ticket is purchased online and a mechanism found to register with your ST that you have full vaccine status too. This could reduce the number of checks required at the gate.

I get that these things don't just happen but if clubs want crowds in for the forseeable the quicker they put the systems into place the better.

My experience of attending games this season is given here.

Having a single person responsible for checking vaccine/test status as well as entry ticket would lead to serious delays.

As regards the idea of having your vaccine status listed on a club's ticketing database, I very much doubt as to whether such a thing would be 'Data Protection' conform (even post Brexit), and also as to how many clubs even have the level of security / encryption required for such a thing. With the continual changes as to what 'fully Vaccinated' is, then expecting clubs to be able to maintain & update such databases is pie in the sky.

Having a single person responsible for checking vaccine/test status as well as entry ticket would lead to serious delays.
As regards the idea of having your vaccine status listed on a club's ticketing database, I very much doubt as to whether such a thing would be 'Data Protection' conform (even post Brexit), and also as to how many clubs even have the level of security / encryption required for such a thing. With the continual changes as to what 'fully Vaccinated' is, then expecting clubs to be able to maintain & update such databases is pie in the sky.
There's no data protection or security issues that should stop any club being able to collect vaccine status.

14 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Yeah, Ayr were asking fans to email their status earlier in the season and I remember saying there isn't a chance in hell I trust them.  

Screenshot_20220112-232241.png

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

There's no data protection or security issues that should stop any club being able to collect vaccine status.

Fair do's. How would a club verify uploaded vaccine passes?

Data protection in Germany is a bit stricter than in the UK.

Realise that you are involved with QotS, so have knowledge as to what infrastructure is in place.

My experience of purchasing streams & tickets (prior to Covid), means that I would want as little as possible of my data on the average football clubs database. 

10 hours ago, virginton said:

It was just one month ago and was pointed out that it was unjustifiable at the time of enactment. 

Because we all knew one month ago that Omicron and Christmas weren’t going to be a problem. And if we all knew, why were governments around the world implementing new restrictions. Is it just the SG you are having a go at ? 

8 hours ago, German Jag said:

Could you not just scan your QR code when you purchase a ticket?

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You have to register it with the NHS and then show the text the send you back.

Aye, but you can do that without actually taking a test, or even if you test positive.  Anyone could just say they had a negative result.  All you need is the serial number off a test.

Would you be happy with a private business holding medical information about you? Particularly a business which has already shown in the last year or so it isn't willing to comply with covid regulations.

Fair do's. How would a club verify uploaded vaccine passes?
Data protection in Germany is a bit stricter than in the UK.
 Realise that you are involved with QotS, so have knowledge as to what infrastructure is in place.
My experience of purchasing streams & tickets (prior to Covid), means that I would want as little as possible of my data on the average football clubs database. 
Verifying passes is a different issue and I've no idea what the answer is to that! I wouldn't have thought it was in the clubs interests to check that stringently to be honest.

Do Germany not just follow gdpr?

Would you be happy with a private business holding medical information about you? Particularly a business which has already shown in the last year or so it isn't willing to comply with covid regulations.

That's a completely different issue. Legally, there's nothing to stop the clubs collecting the data. Whether individuals are happy to give it is another question.

Eta - there's no actual reason for the clubs to have to store the data. Any season ticket holder who didn't want to give the info to the club would just have to prove their status for each game.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

I suspect that no matter the logistics/ cost with checking vaccine status, if clubs want supporters in the ground then a method of checking it will have to be found. This isn't going away any time soon.

I downloaded the NHS Scotland Covid Status App yesterday. It was simple enough and if you click the international travel option you can see your three jags and when you had them. Isn’t it as simple as showing that to the person letting you in? 

I don’t support the idea that you have to show a vaccine passport to get into the Rovers, but here we are. By now you’re either vaccinated (the majority) or you’re not. I’m not sure what good a vaccine passport does.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Because we all knew one month ago that Omicron and Christmas weren’t going to be a problem.

Well yes - we knew that Omicron was a glorified cold producing mild symptoms in the vast majority of cases, based on the real-world data from South Africa.

The SG chose to ignore said data because it didn't fit their proven garbage public health modelling. 

And if we all knew, why were governments around the world implementing new restrictions.

Apples and oranges. The UK already had a high level of immunity from its summer exit wave, as well as a booster programme underway that could be rapidly scaled up to meet the challenge. Countries that had only one or neither of those advantages faced a different set of options as a result. 

The UK government had access to the exact same information as the SG and did not impose utterly useless capacity restrictions on events because there were and are no credible grounds to do so.

Is it just the SG you are having a go at ?

I'm not going to waste my time having a go at the Dutch government for their nonsense measures, because err, I don't live in Holland and can't turf them out of power. 

Scottish Championship fans were directly penalised for the sake of the SG's safety theatre. Your utterly desperate wagon-circling exercise around your beloved SNP does not change that reality. 

Edited by vikingTON

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I downloaded the NHS Scotland Covid Status App yesterday. It was simple enough and if you click the international travel option you can see your three jags and when you had them. Isn’t it as simple as showing that to the person letting you in? 

I don’t support the idea that you have to show a vaccine passport to get into the Rovers, but here we are. By now you’re either vaccinated (the majority) or you’re not. I’m not sure what good a vaccine passport does.

I don't know what records of check need to be kept but yes, either someone just checking the App or letter given to folk who have had vaccine or an electronic scan of the same shouldn't take much longer than the current scanning of bar codes to get through the turnstile.

Me neither, I genuinely don't see what this passport brings to the table. I'm fully vaccinated and still caught covid and could've passed it on when I was contagious. If there are to be any controls it should be around pre testing before going to crowded events/ places.