Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-12th-january-2022/
Apparently we’ve asked about bringing the date fans are allowed back in forward so this weekend would have them.
Its unclear who we’ve asked, and it’ll likely make f**k all difference but there we go.
A thistle announcement that has a little bit of sense.

We really do live in strange times

Apparently we’ve asked about bringing the date fans are allowed back in forward so this weekend would have them.
Its unclear who we’ve asked, and it’ll likely make f**k all difference but there we go.

Great stuff. Hopefully every team in the league backs this

41 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Everybody in the SPFL family is with you.

I needed a vaccine passport to get into games abroad last month and there was no hassle at all. Same folk checking tickets checked the vaccination status. Don't see why it couldn't be just as easy here. Attendances similar to the Championship/League One.

The negative LFT is the part which I'm not sure about. How can you prove that?

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I needed a vaccine passport to get into games abroad last month and there was no hassle at all. Same folk checking tickets checked the vaccination status. Don't see why it couldn't be just as easy here. Attendances similar to the Championship/League One.

You have to register it with the NHS and then show the text the send you back.

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

A thistle announcement that has a little bit of sense.

We really do live in strange times

Remarkable isn't it. They are right though. Like these daft changes when they announce that a country is no longer safe and therefore they'll be changing the rules to travel there in a few days, it makes no sense to defer the changes. Either it's acceptable to have more than 500 in stadiums now or it isn't. It doesn't become acceptable on Monday morning one minute after midnight. It may be that some clubs will consider it too late to change things for this weekend anyway (I guess that may depend on how many extra bodies they might get for a bit of work) but the rules should be changed immediately and give the clubs that option. Other clubs may flirt with moving games to Monday, though visiting clubs are unlikely to be keen I imagine, but Thistle can't do this due to being on tv. We probably lost circa £25k to £30k by not being able to have a Kilmarnock support last weekend. I've no doubt Thistle will lose even more as they can probably accommodate more of them, even at this late stage.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😆

It's inevitable now it genuinely WILL be somewhere in the 990 - 999 range and everyone will just assume we've contrived it! Our last unrestricted home crowd was 998.

That's certainly not something to be happy about... Depressing times at Palmerston... 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

This, I don't see the difficulty in getting the ticket checker to check the vaccine/ test status at the same time. 

Also, I'm sure the vaccine status could be checked when the ticket is purchased online and a mechanism found to register with your ST that you have full vaccine status too. This could reduce the number of checks required at the gate.

I get that these things don't just happen but if clubs want crowds in for the forseeable the quicker they put the systems into place the better.

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The JRG update issued after the speech today is perfectly clear:

Again, as that stands, if we have a crowed of 1,001 in our next home match v Dunfermline we'll be required to check vaccine passports for 1,000 of them.

If that wording is correct clubs in leagues 1 and 2 who have crowds of up to 1.000 will have to check every supporter

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If that wording is correct clubs in leagues 1 and 2 who have crowds of up to 1.000 will have to check every supporter

It's been amended this morning to clarify that the checking scheme is only required at games with an expected attendance of 1,000. So won't apply if you can legitimately say you expect 900 for instance.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

So using public transport is an acceptable risk for just about every other purpose - and no purpose at all - but not going to an outdoor football match because that's too dangerous? 

People didn't use public transport to traipse to indoor shopping centres in their tens of thousands each day either side of Christmas? 

What 'they said' and reality are in two entirely different universes by now. 

I couldn’t tell you what an acceptable risk is or what restrictions work and what don’t. Countries around the world have been trying different things with varying  degrees of success.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You register it and get a text or email back.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Whether negative or not, all you have to do is say it was negative and you'll get the text, it's up for abuse.

Yes, as I said on another thread it's entirely up to the supporter what they report as a LFT result. The text/email you get back from the NHS only confirms what you tell them. If you want to abuse the system you probably don't need to take a test at all, but you do need to submit a QR code or test kit code with your result. 

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I couldn’t tell you what an acceptable risk is or what restrictions work and what don’t. Countries around the world have been trying different things with varying  degrees of success.

Neither can the government though, which is why it failed to produce any evidence in support of its restrictions and to set out what impact they would have. 

Which makes them completely without justification. 

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Neither can the government though, which is why it failed to produce any evidence in support of its restrictions and to set out what impact they would have. 

Which makes them completely without justification. 

The only thing we know works best is a complete lockdown. That obviously isn’t sustainable and there is probably too much in the mix now to know what does and what doesn’t.
It is too easy to look back and say it wasn’t justified. 

The Covid passport guidance has been updated. The section showing what organisers need to do says - large events (1,000 attendees or more) they have to check 50% of the attendees or 1,000, whichever is the higher. Organisers of small events (999 or less) are expected to check all attendees.
However, the previous section (events where the scheme applies) says that it applies to indoor, unseated events of 500 or more; outdoor unseated events of 4,000 or more and any event of 10,000 or more. So, I think the stuff about checking 50% will only apply to games with at least 4,000, not all of whom are seated or to any crowds of at least 10,000. So, the same categories as before. It just that a higher proportion of checks are needed and you need to have had 3 jags (or a negative LF). It isn’t the case that more categories of games will be caught.
And it appears only indoor, unseated events will have to check everybody (if over 500 but under 1,000) and 50% or 1,000 (whichever is the higher) for attendances over 1,000.
Link below and people can see if they think that’s right.

Guidance

Edited by Flash

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

The Covid passport guidance has been updated. The section showing what organisers need to do says - large events (1,000 attendees or more) they have to check 50% of the attendees or 1,000, whichever is the higher. Organisers of small events (999 or less) are expected to check all attendees.
However, the previous section (events where the scheme applies) says that it applies to indoor, unseated events of 500 or more; outdoor unseated events of 4,000 or more and any event of 10,000 or more. So, I think the stuff about checking 50% will only apply to games with at least 4,000, not all of whom are seated or to any crowds of at least 10,000. So, the same categories as before. It just that a higher proportion of checks are needed and you need to have had 3 jags (or a negative LF). It isn’t the case that more categories of games will be caught.
And it appears only indoor, unseated events will have to check everybody (if over 500 but under 1,000) and 50% or 1,000 (whichever is the higher) for attendances over 1,000.
Link below and people can see if they think that’s right.

Guidance

Fundamentally none of that matter though. The clubs will have to comply with what the JRG say. At the moment that guidance is saying if you have an expectation of under 1,000 no checks are required for football matches and if you expect over 1,000 then you check 50% or 1,000 people, whichever is the higher.

Events where expectation is over 1,000 fans MUST be fully vaccinated including booster or able to show a negative LFT.

Furthermore, all matches clubs should recommend and encourage that fans take an LFT before attendance regardless of vaccine status.