Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

31 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If your into Scotland daily and overall stats etc  this is for you

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

When I click on your link I get taken to another P&B page but when I copy and paste it, it works.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Now it doesn't work!

Edited by Beachbum

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're behind Spain and Portugal but well ahead of Germany and France.

The post immediately above yours shows us behind France also and only marginally ahead of Germany (1%) in terms of partial vaccination and behind them in terms of full vaccination. I've no idea how reliable the source is though.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The post immediately above yours shows us behind France also and only marginally ahead of Germany (1%) in terms of partial vaccination and behind them in terms of full vaccination. I've no idea how reliable the source is though.

Different calculations and it also seems to be changing regularly, however it now seems that we're all pretty much of a muchness, although most of Europe is ahead on child vaccinations due to them making the call earlier than our JCVI.

• 2 weeks later...

To absolutely nobody’s surprise, the ‘scientists and experts’ made a complete c**t of it again, nearly a 100 percent record on doing this. Once again anyone within the general population with half a brain cell knew these restrictions would not make a single bit of difference, only thing that’s saved us this time is the fact Boris Johnson didn’t follow suit, so there was a control group within this island. If he had then you know for sure Sturgeon, Leitch, Sridhar and the rest of the clowns running the country would have extended this to play politics with peoples lives again. c***s the lot of them.

Good news!

When folk say the governments are 'playing politics' with these things, what does that actually mean? To me, 'playing politics' would mean doing something against advice or not in the interest of the public in order to increase their popularity or to come across better. The measures here are very unpopular, so in what way are they 'playing politics'?

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Good news!

When folk say the governments are 'playing politics' with these things, what does that actually mean? To me, 'playing politics' would mean doing something against advice or not in the interest of the public in order to increase their popularity or to come across better. The measures here are very unpopular, so in what way are they 'playing politics'?

They’re not unpopular though, plenty of people have been crying for and wanting the restrictions to ‘save lives’. So many people up here criticised Johnson for not following suit at the time. Mark Drakeford called him out for it just the other day. Party politics at play.

But when information like the below comes through they’re left looking silly. For the first time throughout this whole thing there was a country who didn’t follow the rest, a control group within the UK to show up just how stupid they are. That decision Johnson made has forced Sturgeons hand, she knows she can’t carry on with it now. As for Drakeford, he’s a screwball, so I’ve no idea what he will do. 

79E8A333-3EBF-4C4F-BA3C-D415618AF6CC.png

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Good news!

Presume they mean that rather than making decisions based on actual science or data, that the measures were about appearance and to be seen to be ‘doing something.’ Restricting football crowds was always an easy hit. The general population who don’t go to games don’t care, whereas if they’d shut shopping centres over Christmas there would have been widespread uproar. There’s also the playing politics aspect of being seen as different than England which plays in to helping their wider political aims, but that’s probably best confined to the politics thread. 

Suspected crowds were always coming back, not because of the science, but because of the 6 Nations. Regardless, just delighted that it seems we can get back into grounds .

Thankfully I steer clear of most chat about this, as so many folk have absolutely lost it and lost the run of themselves over it, so thought the measures were pretty unpopular. Haven't seen folk supporting them in the few areas I've seen it discussed.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Suspected crowds were always coming back, not because of the science, but because of the 6 Nations. Regardless, just delighted that it seems we can get back into grounds

I don't get this. The Six Nations were affected last year and played in front of no crowds. Domestic rugby games have the same restrictions as football (Glasgow often get up to 10k at games usually).

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't get this. The Six Nations were affected last year and played in front of no crowds. Domestic rugby games have the same restrictions as football (Glasgow often get up to 10k at games usually).

One would assume they don't want to have it happen 2 years running?  I'd suggest the SRU have been at them to lift restrictions.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thankfully I steer clear of most chat about this, as so many folk have absolutely lost it and lost the run of themselves over it, so thought the measures were pretty unpopular. Haven't seen folk supporting them in the few areas I've seen it discussed.

Yes the targeting of the football and nightclubs basically alone whilst letting a lot of other things crack on as normal saw a massive swing in people’s attitudes to it I think. Narrative seems to be changing in the US too, it’s like now nothing’s changed under Biden and there is midterms coming up they’re changing their tune. I saw a report on CNN (!!!!) where they interviewed the head of the CDC and she said live on air that upto 75% of people counted as Covid deaths were seriously ill and had FOUR or more co morbidities. Never mind one two or three. They’re finally coming clean with the ‘with’ and ‘from’ and changing their tune. 

Hopefully that’s the end of it. I think we will be in the clear come summer 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

One would assume they don't want to have it happen 2 years running?  I'd suggest the SRU have been at them to lift restrictions.

Just as the SPFL have been at them too. 

Edited by DA Baracus

Assuming all games go ahead as normal this coming weekend, teams have been effected as follows.

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

Ayr missing out on 3 home games will be a sore one for them.

Killie, Morton, Partick and Arbroath got lucky although Partick will be raging as Friday nights game would normally draw in 4-5000 and they will miss out on stream money as its live on the BBC.

Edited by madton

1 minute ago, madton said:

Assuming all games go ahead as normal this coming weekend, teams have been effected as follows.

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

Ayr missing out on 3 home games will be a sore one for them.

Killie, Morton, Partick and Arbroath got lucky although Partick will be raging as Friday nights game would normally draw in 4-5000 and they will miss out on stream money as its live on the BBC.

Wonder if they’ve asked about this. I don’t see why it should have to wait until Monday? Maybe get a surprise