Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Gardiner was on Sportsound saying that ICT do not want the season stopped. Didn't catch all of what he said though so I don't know what else was discussed.

That's him basically confirming that he does then. Lying shitebag.

Without doing the math, a null and voided season end would require recalculating positions based upon games played, and likely would move ICT and Raith up a spot or so. So that begs the question, if they were to kill the season, how would they allocate position payments? Recalculate on PPG, simply make even payments (cue the great volcano of Tynecastle blowing whatever summit is left), or perhaps even payments per quintile?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Without doing the math, a null and voided season end would require recalculating positions based upon games played, and likely would move ICT and Raith up a spot or so. So that begs the question, if they were to kill the season, how would they allocate position payments? Recalculate on PPG, simply make even payments (cue the great volcano of Tynecastle blowing whatever summit is left), or perhaps even payments per quintile?

Null and void= equal payments all round.  If we finish the season and have promotions/relegations on ppg then the prize pot is handed out based on your position in the table as normal.

Only idiots like gardiner would argue otherwise.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2819509/scot-gardiner-spfl-caley-thistle/

If ICT was the club rumoured to have started this (a misinterpretation by the SFA?) and their position is clarified as continue, I think this means the season will be carrying on.

I’ve not yet heard a player say that they don’t want to be playing.

6 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2819509/scot-gardiner-spfl-caley-thistle/

If ICT was the club rumoured to have started this (a misinterpretation by the SFA?) and their position is clarified as continue, I think this means the season will be carrying on.

I’ve not yet heard a player say that they don’t want to be playing.

It would shock absolutely nobody if gardiner is saying different things in public to what he’s saying to the sfa.

As things stand,  I think there’s no desire to stop.

• 11 months later...