Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

39 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, if I get you right, you are accusing the AFC board of short-term self-interest, without the slightest bit of evidence to support this view? That's a bit of a stretch, as the Lichties will survive, no matter whether they are a foot-of-the-table Championship side, or whether they are in L1 or L2. However, some full-time current Championship sides might not survive a relegation...

It must be nice to know that the Morton chairman's view would always be in the interest of sporting integrity and would never depend on the club's current league position...

No, you get me wrong... where did I accuse anybody of anything?

I merely speculated that maybe the club at the bottom of the league might fancy pulling the plug and going again when normality resumes... is that a big deal? A bit like speculating that Hearts will move heaven and earth to make sure we finish (or get to something like 18 games played).

I’m loving the demand for ‘evidence’ in support of opinions or speculation, by the way.

And I couldn’t give a flying f**k what the Morton chairman thinks... the sooner he’s no longer the Morton chairman, and has no influence over Morton and/or Scottish football, the better.

Hope we continue, nobody gets ill, and Morton bring in a player before the end of the month.

Happy to help.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

I echo this too as I have been bored since Dunfermline game, apart from one Scottish Derby in the Pro 14 lol (enough said bout that lol). 

Oh and to the c**t that said that he hopes SG gets Coronavirus, that is fucking out of order!!! Nobody should wish for that even on their worst enemy!!! I'm not his biggest fan (mainly because he's not rich lol and because he's making us the most hated club in Scotland) but I would NEVER wish Coronavirus on him!!! 

If this is the pish that gets spouted on here then I'm going to get the forum banned!! 

f**k up

Looking forward to this guy being on Sportsound start of next week now as a complete outsider with no ties to scottish football saying Hearts are wanks and deserve to stay down for another season. Also say that Gardiner is a bit of a p***ks p***k too

Lachlan Cameron on why the time was right to hand over Ayr United torch -  Daily Record

How many players in the Championship have contracted Coronavirus since the start of the season?
We will never know due to a lack of testing. Nor should we. It's an illness and thus should be treated with confidentiality and not singled out of the national stats for that reason.

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Really? According to the Morton fan, it will only be the part-time clubs who are currently 9th & 10th in the Championship. 

It's the full-time clubs that have the best interests of Scottish football at heart.

You’ve taken a fairly straight forward comment to heart here and have thrown the toys out the pram.

It is blatantly obvious that the two bottom sides in the league, the part time ones, would be most likely to want null and void and start again. Arbroath especially as they’re looking most likely to drop.

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I echo this too as I have been bored since Dunfermline game, apart from one Scottish Derby in the Pro 14 lol (enough said bout that lol). 

Oh and to the c**t that said that he hopes SG gets Coronavirus, that is fucking out of order!!! Nobody should wish for that even on their worst enemy!!! I'm not his biggest fan (mainly because he's not rich lol and because he's making us the most hated club in Scotland) but I would NEVER wish Coronavirus on him!!! 

If this is the pish that gets spouted on here then I'm going to get the forum banned!! 

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

12 hours ago, virginton said:

Considering we've been floundering behind the scenes once already in this stupid, tinpot mess of a season, GMFC should absolutely be up for binning this nick of a campaign instead of spraying money on ridiculous testing with zero crowds to show for it. A moronic choice all round.

Hand over the 4th place playoff money to our new owners and we'll be laughing.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Points per game would knock Morton down to fifth, wouldn't it? 

At this rate, next season's Rovers Hall of Fame inductee is going to be a big bit of cardboard with "PPG" scrawled on it. 

7 hours ago, grumswall said:
10 hours ago, johnnydun said:
How many players in the Championship have contracted Coronavirus since the start of the season?

We will never know due to a lack of testing. Nor should we. It's an illness and thus should be treated with confidentiality and not singled out of the national stats for that reason.

Of course we would know, the club would publicly say and the game would possibly be in doubt.

I'm not wanting names, just numbers.

39 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Of course we would know, the club would publicly say and the game would possibly be in doubt.

I'm not wanting names, just numbers.

Nonsense. Not every individual case leads to mass outbreaks. Clubs have had the odd positive here and there without games being threatened. Sometimes managers mention it in interviews but otherwise you wouldnt know. Didnt Dundee have 1 or 2 a couple of weeks ago? I guarantee there have been positives nobody knows about.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nonsense. Not every individual case leads to mass outbreaks. Clubs have had the odd positive here and there without games being threatened. Didnt Dundee have 1 or 2 a couple of weeks ago? I guarantee there have been positives nobody knows about.

No, they were just self isolating.

Well my point is, if no games are being threatened because of the tiny percentage (if any) of positive results, why look to halt the league?

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No, they were just self isolating.

Well my point is, if no games are being threatened because of the tiny percentage (if any) of positive results, why look to halt the league?

The Championship has a TV deal, got 500k grant plus a 50k grant, so in theory they can be tested and can keep going. The same as the premiership. Below the Championship, right through the pyramid, armature, women's football  is a different story. I wonder if they plan to null and void all the league structure.

If they vote to end the Championship it closes the question of promotion and relegation to the premier league and allows the Premier league to continue.  I don't know what the voting structure is, but even 8 to 2 wouldn't likely see it pass. 

I don't think there is much of an appetite from clubs to end it currently but I think maybe six out of the ten clubs wouldn't be bothered if it was. 

Just now, clashcityrocker said:

I was under the impression the vote was for a 3 week pause rather than suspending the season ( although it could eventually become a full suspension of the league ) ?

Inverness and Hearts are both in favour of continuing to play - unsure how the other clubs will vote.

Morton and Dunfermline managers both stating in today’s papers they wish to continue  ( but said it’s up to board ) 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In highlighting this, am I somehow being whooshed?

With a word like "armature" surely it's more likely you're being wound up?

ETA  -  he meant “amateur “ but got his pros mixed up.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker